If there is no season this year will it help or hurt the canes ?

BJ305

Sophomore
Personally I think its more pros than cons if the season is not played , safety for the kids is the number one priority and my hopes is That the NCAA give every player a free redshirt this year. I know even with a free redshirt some guys might still want to go pro instead of staying in college for another year , most likely GR15 , it will hurt me if we don’t get to see him play in a canes uniform again but it will help us in the long run because he most likely will be a top 10 pick , him not playing this year won’t hurt his draft stock like a lot of of top recruits we thought would go high like Joe Jackson , J. Garvin and Jeff Thomas. With GR15 being a top pick it will help with recruiting in the future and with the free redshirt a lot of our top players most likely will come back like D.King, Brevin and Roche (MAYBE!!) and all of them will have another year to study our new offense and go through the offseason program come back stronger next year to play in one of our biggest games in the last 10 years against bama and with a win , It could be a program changing one !

Advertisement
tenor - 2020-07-10T151748.885.gif

Losing three first rounders and never seeing King play for Miami wouldn’t help the program.
Manny needs King the way Ed O needed Burrow. One great QB can define a coaches career and get recruiting going enough to carry him. Jimbo would have never got his big payday without winston

Losing three first rounders and never seeing King play for Miami wouldn’t help the program.
Manny needs King the way Ed O needed Burrow. One great QB can define a coaches career and get recruiting going enough to carry him. Jimbo would have never got his big payday without winston

Hard to argue with that. Manziel never won a title, but the hype made his coach, at least for a while. On a different note see Oklahoma under Riley. He's putting up numbers over a couple seasons now, but his current success is largely built on the very visible QBs he's had there, not a natty. And I saw less Oklahoma QB attention last year than the prior couple. I may be missing something, but Alabama seems to be the only current "power" not based on QBs.

Plus, it is so much easier to recruit any position if you have a stud QB or the faith you will provide one.

Hard to argue with that. Manziel never won a title, but the hype made his coach, at least for a while. On a different note see Oklahoma under Riley. He's putting up numbers over a couple seasons now, but his current success is largely built on the very visible QBs he's had there, not a natty. And I saw less Oklahoma QB attention last year than the prior couple. I may be missing something, but Alabama seems to be the only current "power" not based on QBs.

Plus, it is so much easier to recruit any position if you have a stud QB or the faith you will provide one.
Manziel won a Heisman though...

Advertisement
Hurt. Hurt big time.

Even our idiot head coach couldn’t fūck up at least a ten win season, which would have given us a huge recruiting momentum.

It also is going to kill me not getting to see King/Lashlee. It’s starting to make me sick.

When did you turn into such a Manny basher? Last season was abysmal but it was 1 season and the offense was historically bad and kicking was downright pathetic. I know it’s popular on here but I never pegged you for a mope. But judging by some of your recent comments, it looks like that’s where you’re at nowadays. He can’t be too much of an idiot if he brought in Lashlee and King, who it’s going to kill you if you don’t get to see them in action..

As far as OP, I say hurt more than could potentially help. If no season then theoretically, it should be easier to keep our class in tact but I’m expecting a big season for the Canes and that would benefit us much more ultimately and we will still keep our class intact plus add to it in a big way.

I'm sure this has been debated in other threads but where would you see King getting drafted? I personally don't think it would be anywhere near high enough to justify leaving before taking a snap here but I also haven't really been exposed to any ideas or theories that it would.

Advertisement
Players would get an extended year to play. There is no way the NCAA would be able to forfeit their eligibility next year.

If the 2020 college football season is canceled then the NFL needs to cancel the 2021 NFL Draft. It would be far risky than the 2020 draft. The NFL would have only a little bit of tape on the majority of the eligible players. At that point the NCAA could push the reset button on the 2020 college football season.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
If the 2020 college football season is canceled then the NFL needs to cancel the 2021 NFL Draft. It would be far risky than the 2020 draft. The NFL would have only a little bit of tape on the majority of the eligible players. At that point the NCAA could push the reset button on the 2020 college football season.

Signed,

Peruche
Absolutely, the fallout from no season would be astronomical.

What I'm really saying is that there's just no way this season get played. It'll either be a limited Fall season or a full Spring season. If Spring then I imagine NFL pushes back draft to late spring/summer.

Umm yea.. and you didn't mention he won a Heisman.... **** People...

Yep, you got me there. I didn't post any resumes. I think we all learned a lot from your post. I'm sure most, on a college football board, didn't know he won a Heisman.

Was that new to you? If so, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure this has been debated in other threads but where would you see King getting drafted? I personally don't think it would be anywhere near high enough to justify leaving before taking a snap here but I also haven't really been exposed to any ideas or theories that it would.

he would've left if he knew he'd get drafted where he wanted to. he transferred for another season bc he obviously wouldn't get drafted/get picked where he wanted to be picked. no season doesnt really change that other than age but if QB is his position in the NFL, their primes never really end

If they give the players an extra year of eligibility don’t see anybody leaving but GR15 , king need to put more on film to get drafted

Yep, you got me there. I didn't post any resumes. I think we all learned a lot from your post. I'm sure most, on a college football board, didn't know he won a Heisman.

Was that new to you? If so, thanks for sharing.
See the problem is I wasn't trying to "get" you.... I only pointed out that he did win the Heisman... You then afterward decided to respond by being a boob for no apparent reason other than to be a boob... Soooooo.. I responded in kind ...... Honestly though it wasn't too hard to crack you open... You kind of made it easy...

Advertisement
Back