If there is no season this year will it help or hurt the canes ?

based on the last 15 years? help lol. we could end up with an elite recruiting class if we dont chance a failure on the field and cant have a failure on the field if there is no football lol. keep the cupboard stocked

Advertisement
We’re fn playing this year. How in ****, can 16 year olds bag groceries at your local Publix, interacting with hundreds, if not thousands of people in an enclosed space, yet it’s TOO DANGEROUS, for 18 or 20 year old athletes playing in an open field. This society needs to get a grip.
How many times did your local bagboy gang tackle you with his sweaty body while bagging your groceries??

We're a team that has ALOT to prove to future recruits. Hence, foregoing what looks like a real positive season is not a good thing in terms of starting/continuing with recruiting momentum.

Advertisement
Personally I think its more pros than cons if the season is not played , safety for the kids is the number one priority and my hopes is That the NCAA give every player a free redshirt this year. I know even with a free redshirt some guys might still want to go pro instead of staying in college for another year , most likely GR15 , it will hurt me if we don’t get to see him play in a canes uniform again but it will help us in the long run because he most likely will be a top 10 pick , him not playing this year won’t hurt his draft stock like a lot of of top recruits we thought would go high like Joe Jackson , J. Garvin and Jeff Thomas. With GR15 being a top pick it will help with recruiting in the future and with the free redshirt a lot of our top players most likely will come back like D.King, Brevin and Roche (MAYBE!!) and all of them will have another year to study our new offense and go through the offseason program come back stronger next year to play in one of our biggest games in the last 10 years against bama and with a win , It could be a program changing one !

my guess is it will help tremendously, no football equals no feelings on play, no campus visits to other schools.

Assuming the season is cancelled...

I think we'll see draconian measures from the NCAA so that roosters don't exceed 85.

Seniors: if you're considered a SR in 2020 then you're not eligible to return unless injured. This means that King, Williams, Harley, Roche, Ford, McCloud, Carter, Borregales must leave, with Rousseau and Jordan joining them as early draft entrants.

Juniors: no redshirts for anyone entering their 3rd year of school. If you're a JR in 2020 you automatically become a SR in 2021.

Sophomores: If you're entering year 2 of school and have not used a redshirt then 2020 is your RS year.

Freshmans: all incoming FR get a redshirt

That said, here's a scenario where we'd have 19 senior starters against Bama.

QB Perry SR
RB Harris SR
WR Few SR
WR Pope SR
WR Wiggins SR
TE Mallory SR
LT Herbert SR
LG Donaldson SR
C Gaynor SR
RG Scaife SR
RT Hillery SR

DE Phillips SR
DT Silvera SR
DT Miller JR
DE Harvey SO
LB Steed SR
LB Jennings SR
DB Frierson JR
CB Blades SR
SS Bolden SR
FS Hall SR
CB Ivey SR
They will give seniors another season of eligibility if season is cancelled. They did that for All the spring sports

Advertisement
They will give seniors another season of eligibility if season is cancelled. They did that for All the spring sports

Remember, they allowed the extra year for spring athletes but left it up to the head coach to renew the scholarship.

Manny Diaz could bring those seniors back but it may hamper his ability to sign a full class in 2021. Hovering around 75 players on scholarship the past decade may finally give Miami an advantage.

It's going to leave coaches with tough decisions to make.

Mike Harley or Romello Brinson?
Amari Carter or Kam Kinchens?
Jon Ford or Leonard Taylor?

We're at about 67 scholarships if the 2020 seniors move on and with Rousseau plus Jordan entering the draft.

Last edited:
he would've left if he knew he'd get drafted where he wanted to. he transferred for another season bc he obviously wouldn't get drafted/get picked where he wanted to be picked. no season doesnt really change that other than age but if QB is his position in the NFL, their primes never really end

It does because the QBs ahead of him were selected already. How many QBs of this year are ahead of him? Lawrence, Fields, and who?

Advertisement
it's a mega stretch..... last DE to be a "1st round lock" (also didn't even sniff the 1st round) is about to be cut after 1 season in the NFL. Brevin has 0 healthy seasons in college, why would and NFL team risk that in the 1st round.

Name the DE's/TE's that are going to be drafted ahead of them?

How many times did your local bagboy gang tackle you with his sweaty body while bagging your groceries??
not to mention the bagger gets paid. if students back then yes play. if not, pay the players to play or no dice

it's a mega stretch..... last DE to be a "1st round lock" (also didn't even sniff the 1st round) is about to be cut after 1 season in the NFL. Brevin has 0 healthy seasons in college, why would and NFL team risk that in the 1st round.
Who was the last loc ??

Advertisement
I guarantee there will be a season this year.

I also guarantee that God exists & is real.
Glory and praise to the Almighty!!!!
73-Rev_5v5_lion_of_judah.jpg.540x.jpg

Advertisement
Back