If the people want Jurich then demand Jurich

I have no sources but a common theme from many insiders is there is a deadlock between the new faces and the old guard on the BOT on whether to hire Tom Jurich. Canes fans are known for making their voices heard so where are those voices? Who is organizing a banner? Who is organizing Twitter and Facebook activity. Who is going to break the stalemate?
https://trustees.miami.edu/trustees/index.html
email every single one of them. its not a secret who they are

Advertisement
Ok so here’s what i don’t get: if the Vote is done, is this just individuals (who deserve to be put in solitary confinement for their malpractice over the last fifteen years) complaining because poor buddy didn’t get his way for the first time in his/her rich, pampered life, or is it that they’re just trying to internally trying to sabotage the program?

247 is reporting essentially that the BOT will have no say and the Diaz crowd is just making a lot of noise. That seems most likely to me. The alternative is that the U is a very poorly run organization with entirely ineffective leadership. I think this will take some time and that’s a good thing IMO. I also suspect (uninformed guess) that both the AD and eventual HC will not be from among the three popular names that get thrown around all the time (Jurich, Mario, and Lane). All of that is assuming Frenk and the people close to him are reasonably competent and engaged. Not a popular opinion here, but I think it’s probably true and the role of the BOT is greatly exaggerated.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Advertisement
Jurich or Rad, period.

Jurich help build UL into a competent AD across most major sports.

Honestly, I would prefer Rad. He checks the boxes:

-Miami Alum (Check)
-Winning Pedigree? (Check)
From AD @ GT (2006-12)
GT Football winning 4 ACC Coastal Titles & 1 ACC Crown between his tenure

GT baseball winning the ACC & ACC Tourney once, making the CWS

GT basketball making the NCAA tourney

-We know what Clemson Football & Facilities has become under his watch

-Donations? At LSU, spearheaded the ticket donation program at LSU & instrumental in the $90m renno at LSU’s Football Field.
Clemson’s Athletic Dept has more than doubled since coming on board, making it one of the most valuable Universities, and led over $180m in facilities upgrades or establishment.

He’s the guy I want. Jurich is a little to slimy for me & been out the game, but what more would the BOT want from Rad? He’s from the ACC, led now TWO successful tenures as a AD, comes from the SEC pipeline, clean resume, and oh, he’s an alum.
Rad turned the job down tho so unfortunately that isn’t going to happen.

Advertisement
Got dammit. I don’t blame him, though
Jurich will do well. The most important thing is for us to build a foundation, we don’t have one. We are not a big boy college football program, yet. We are just now entering the arms race and we have some building to do in every aspect regarding athletics. Here is to hoping we get top notch in everything from AD, staffing, facilities, merchandise, recruiting, etc

Jurich will do well. The most important thing is for us to build a foundation, we don’t have one. We are not a big boy college football program, yet. We are just now entering the arms race and we have some building to do in every aspect regarding athletics. Here is to hoping we get top notch in everything from AD, staffing, facilities, merchandise, recruiting, etc

All facts!

Jurich is a beast. Louisville was competitive in **** near everything at some point under his tenure and he made sure facilities continued to be upgraded, also getting an arena built somewhere the city absolutely fought against. I’m sure space is more limited and a lot more expensive down there but if he has the money behind him stuff is going to get done if hired. UL is a stepping stone job in regards to football so he could never retain a coach in his prime but he shouldn’t have that problem at the U.

Advertisement
Ok so here’s what i don’t get: if the Vote is done, is this just individuals (who deserve to be put in solitary confinement for their malpractice over the last fifteen years) complaining because poor buddy didn’t get his way for the first time in his/her rich, pampered life, or is it that they’re just trying to internally trying to sabotage the program?
Its the first really.

Jurich was the man. The only reason this isnt finished is because of the search firm still conducting research.

However, the new ones push for Jurich, Frenks assistants dont seem to have a problem with him and Frenk himself is in favor. I presume Frenk wanted to find the middleground here to shut the old bags up once and for all.

And the fact that someone (I predict Mas, but I dont know) gave this info to Ruiz to report with the purpose to initiate a witch hunt makes it kinda clear that this is a politicians fight.

If people finally had their crap together this would’ve been a landslide and still not dragging out. Not sure how this stuff works but I assumed a vote was a vote no matter what, I didn’t know people could throw tantrums. That’s at least what it sounds like.

Which tells you what I’ve been saying “ too many politics and agendas“.

Attachments

• 823E1311-61BA-4F94-B24E-54B2E3C7335C.png
    823E1311-61BA-4F94-B24E-54B2E3C7335C.png
    425.9 KB · Views: 299
If people finally had their crap together this would’ve been a landslide and still not dragging out. Not sure how this stuff works but I assumed a vote was a vote no matter what, I didn’t know people could throw tantrums. That’s at least what it sounds like.

Which tells you what I’ve been saying “ too many politics and agendas“.
Exactly. They announced the vote results and like a baby crying, they started throwing tantrums. Its classic politics and its not even surprising to me, considering this type of baby back bull**** even happens at the small state level in Germany where I live in.

The good thing is, the good and smart side has brought guns to this fight.

Advertisement
247 is reporting essentially that the BOT will have no say and the Diaz crowd is just making a lot of noise. That seems most likely to me. The alternative is that the U is a very poorly run organization with entirely ineffective leadership. I think this will take some time and that’s a good thing IMO. I also suspect (uninformed guess) that both the AD and eventual HC will not be from among the three popular names that get thrown around all the time (Jurich, Mario, and Lane). All of that is assuming Frenk and the people close to him are reasonably competent and engaged. Not a popular opinion here, but I think it’s probably true and the role of the BOT is greatly exaggerated.
If its Lake, I would roll with it. Lake is well connected.

This forum is the exception, a lot of posters I’ve seen on Reddit and YouTube seem to like Diaz as coach for another year 🙄. I don’t get it, I think a lot of them are just the typical blind homer that defends anything their team does; or nephews that weren’t alive during Miami’s glory days and this is all they know. And in my mind at least, a Jurich hire represents the difference between a changing of the guard and the same old same old. Zero chance Jurich takes the job with bozo the clown coaching
Agree, Manny was not the difference in this season. If we end up 7-5/8-5, that’s not Manny. We out scored these mfer’s, Manny’s D almost cost us these games. TVD and Lashlee won these games. Bytch, been riding the TVD Train.

Advertisement
Back