If the people want Jurich then demand Jurich

Sounds like the politics (BOT) are spoiling the product (Athletic Program) which smells like communism.

Advertisement
"The alternative is that the U is a very poorly run organization with entirely ineffective leadership"

Respectfully...I think that the last 20 years have proven that this is the most likely scenario.
If all the fish ain't swimming in the same direction, an organization will fail. The CEO will usually get whacked to bring in a proper leader to correct this. The issue here is who do we whack. Who is the head of this God forsaken BOT? This is why this situation literally makes people crazy.

Advertisement
Ok so here’s what i don’t get: if the Vote is done, is this just individuals (who deserve to be put in solitary confinement for their malpractice over the last fifteen years) complaining because poor buddy didn’t get his way for the first time in his/her rich, pampered life, or is it that they’re just trying to internally trying to sabotage the program?
Seems like politics as usual. The outcome is incidental for some as long as they keep power. It's not like they are purposely trying to ruin the program it just that the program is not their top priority.

Then you have others who do care about the program and are jockeying to gain power to make that happen. Kind of similar of what's happening to our country.

"Make Miami Great Again!" LOL

If all the fish ain't swimming in the same direction, an organization will fail. The CEO will usually get whacked to bring in a proper leader to correct this. The issue here is who do we whack. Who is the head of this God forsaken BOT? This is why this situation literally makes people crazy.

Whoever is willing to back up their influence with $$$$ will have last say. Money speaks the loudest.

Procuring a 16-year, $160 million apparel contract extension with Adidas (we were suppose to be the Adidas flagship. Jurich made Louisville the flagship.)
cardinal-stadium-addition016_1024xx5743-3230-0-285.jpg

Moving the men’s and women’s basketball programs to the KFC Yum Center. (city did not want The Yum built downtown. Jurich got it built downtown, waterfront.)

Beginning a $55 million construction project on Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. (Jurich completed two expansions totaling over 100Ms in under a decade.)
papa15950.jpg

(for second expansion see first pic)

Constructing the $18.5 million soccer stadium.
lynn1.jpg

Hiring Pitino, current football coach Bobby Petrino and current baseball coach Dan McDonnell. (Pitino won a Natty, Petrino recruited Lamar who brought Louisville their only Heisman)

Winning the Sports Business Journal/Sports Business Daily Athletic Director of the Year award in 2007 and placing as a finalist in 2013.

Being inducted into the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame in 2006.

let's not get this twisted, Jurich is one of the best ADs in America. he's by far the best realistic option for us.

Well, Manny Kadre IS one of the Vice Chairs.

Lots of opinions on these threads, and lots of "corporate efficiency experts" on these threads. A lot of guys think that "whacking" and replacing fixes things.

For years, I've mentioned the problems, and I realize some of this is dry and boring, but finally people are starting to see what is really happening (and don't pretend that some variation of this isn't happening at many universities across the country, even if UM's has taken on a distinctly jealous/backbiting City of Miami flair to it):

---Board of Trustees is way too big

---Trustees have no time limits on service, there are people on the Board who had seats when I was an undergrad in the 1980s

---BOT has no effective management of AD (Department or Director); yes, there may be an Athletics sub-committee, but it has not truly exercised oversight of the AD; historically, the full Board "could" or "did" approve big AD/HC contracts, etc., then a lot of people disengaged, but then there were hard feelings after the Manny hiring, so now the full Board is swinging back to the side of the pendulum where they want to weigh in on these big decisions again; A MESS

---BOT has never clearly defined the interactive role of the AD (full authority activist, "check with me" by looking to the Board before big decisions, or "shut up and do what we tell you") or a profile of what we are looking for (former AD experience? Big plans? Fund-raiser? A guy who interacts with the ACC and NCAA more?); as a result, we have veered from one of the all-time GOATs (Jankovich) to guys with decent AAD resumes (Eichorst, Beta Blake), to guys with AD resumes but were not good fits at Miami (Maggard, Hocutt), to a guy who had ZERO prior AD experience (Dee) but was our second-best AD over the past 40 years

---BOT, in conjunction with serious overlap with Iron Arrow (Highest Honor Attainable at UM) runs UM in an environment of non-transparency (private school) and minimal criticism; furthermore, people nominated for Iron Arrow can be blackballed by ONE VOTE; thus the longtime culture of the highest levels of involvement at UM has veered towards rewarding petty feuds and exterminating voices of dissent

Look, the fact that we have even come this far in removing Beta Blake and ALMOST getting to the point where we are ready to hire Jurich and Cristobal, is a reflection that things ARE changing, even slowly.

Just some perspective, that's all.

Advertisement
So basically it sounds like we allow Epcuck, ****mare and Manuelitadepinga Sr. to yell and cry, let it all out. Poor babies not getting their way for the first time in their pampered life, two of which are scared because of agendas surrounding clear nepotism.

We should never, and I mean NEVER, hire a relative of a BOT member again. Especially when they’re both incompetent, stubborn pieces of *****.

Procuring a 16-year, $160 million apparel contract extension with Adidas (we were suppose to be the Adidas flagship. Jurich made Louisville the flagship.)
View attachment 162811

Moving the men’s and women’s basketball programs to the KFC Yum Center. (city did not want The Yum built downtown. Jurich got it built downtown, waterfront.)

Beginning a $55 million construction project on Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium. (Jurich completed two expansions totaling over 100Ms in under a decade.)
View attachment 162812
(for second expansion see first pic)

Constructing the $18.5 million soccer stadium.
View attachment 162814

Hiring Pitino, current football coach Bobby Petrino and current baseball coach Dan McDonnell. (Pitino won a Natty, Petrino recruited Lamar who brought Louisville their only Heisman)

Winning the Sports Business Journal/Sports Business Daily Athletic Director of the Year award in 2007 and placing as a finalist in 2013.

Being inducted into the Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame in 2006.

let's not get this twisted, Jurich is one of the best ADs in America. he's by far the best realistic option for us.
Cares too much about sports. Not interested. It’s obvious you don’t understand what Miami wants from its AD lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just call me cribby click bait
You been around the program for a long, long time. I remember you from the earlier site many years back - and I remember when Petey came - and we've had some discussions over the years.

I think you've unlearned more than some of these ******* "experts" here will ever learn. We've probably bumped heads here and there - likely entirely due to my contrary nature, but when you speak here - and back when - you had a hold of something to be sure.

And for those of us who are largely in the dark - **** - we really appreciate when you share things you are aware of. Thanks.

Yeah, the pay sites rip you off - but you have to consider they usually know as much about the program as a priest knows about fornicating. And their paychecks rely on "borrowing" from others and presenting it as their own - (their) 'mama always needs a new pair of shoes.'

Cribby - you just keep your freak on! Ignore the background noise. Collectively, most here don't amount to a fart in a fan factory.

You been around the program for a long, long time. I remember you from the earlier site many years back - and I remember when Petey came - and we've had some discussions over the years.

I think you've unlearned more than some of these ******* "experts" here will ever learn. We've probably bumped heads here and there - likely entirely due to my contrary nature, but when you speak here - and back when - you had a hold of something to be sure.

And for those of us who are largely in the dark - **** - we really appreciate when you share things you are aware of. Thanks.

Yeah, the pay sites rip you off - but you have to consider they usually know as much about the program as a priest knows about fornicating. And their paychecks rely on "borrowing" from others and presenting it as their own - (their) 'mama always needs a new pair of shoes.'

Cribby - you just keep your freak on! Ignore the background noise. Collectively, most here don't amount to a fart in a fan factory.
Here is the thing though... When the pay sites, professional writers and social media glory hounds are ripping you off and taking your stuff it means two things. You word is widely respected and you are now influencing the overall narrative. Pretty powerful stuff, glad Cribby is on the good guys team.

Advertisement
Back