If the news regarding a new offensive staff is true....

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley is the best young offensive mind in college football & it’s not even close.

I was at ECU when he was there. You dont have to tell me. I saw it first hand and knew as soon as he left we would be garbage again. He made chicken salad out of chicken s***. Shane Carden was a glorified high school backup QB and Riley made him a star.

I was at ECU when he was there. You dont have to tell me. I saw it first hand and knew as soon as he left we would be garbage again. He made chicken salad out of chicken s***. Shane Carden was a glorified high school backup QB and Riley made him a star.
How about that playcalling vs UCF 2014? Could hear a pin drop in that stadium. Never seen a worse "game-won" playcalling in my life.

Are you seriously nitpicking? The guy has proved himself to be one of the best play callers in the country. Stop it.
Yes. Nitpicking. Watching that ****-show in person has really irrationally stained my view of Riley. I dont think he ever reaches highest echelon...

Advertisement
Art, not Kendal. Add 200 average yards, 20 more points and 20 more plays per game. Game changer.

Art Briles covered up sexual assault at such a level at Baylor that he's resigned to now coaching high school football in Texas.

SEC schools that could throw $2M at him aren't even going after this guy, yet—while is own kid, who was less involved than he was—barely got back into coaching as an offensive coordinator, while FSU got a lot of flack for hiring him.

The University of Miami has dealt with two major NCAA investigations in just over two decades. You are absolutely high if you think it makes sense for Miami to go after a coach with the elder Briles' resume, entering 2020 in the era of #MeToo and what not.

If and when he's coaching at a higher level again, it will be a shady-***, backwoods SEC football factory that brings him back—their alumni base and admin absolutely ignoring the grief they'll take for doing so.

USAToday says that if Urban renewal wants to return to coaching, he should forget the NFL & take a college job that needs resurrecting; i.e., USC or MIAMI...talks about what a great recruiter he is (blah blah) saying his style/the way he coaches etc/wouldn't exactly be a good fit in the NFL.

Advertisement
Bama and LSU have 10-15 Analysts just picking apart game tape and game planning.
Miami has 5!

Football has been an arms race for 20 years. Miami doesn't have the money to spend like the big public schools and we clearly aren't out thinking them with coaches and staff. We also aren't winning the Miami kids over any more sooo we aren't beating teams with talent.

Any Data Scientists on the forum? I've always want to build a better game plan for Miami using AI to determine tendencies for players and coaches.

Advertisement
Bama and LSU have 10-15 Analysts just picking apart game tape and game planning.
Miami has 5!

Football has been an arms race for 20 years. Miami doesn't have the money to spend like the big public schools and we clearly aren't out thinking them with coaches and staff. We also aren't winning the Miami kids over any more sooo we aren't beating teams with talent.

Any Data Scientists on the forum? I've always want to build a better game plan for Miami using AI to determine tendencies for players and coaches.

Bama also has ZERO analysts charting celebrations and dances

Fedora’s actual offensive accomplishments aren’t as impressive as most assume they are.

Averaged at least 30ppg all but 2 years he's been a head coach, knows what he's trying to accomplish in a scheme uses the QBs legs as a real threat and get's guys in space. Also brings head coaching experience in the ACC for our young head coach.

Advertisement
Averaged at least 30ppg all but 2 years he's been a head coach, knows what he's trying to accomplish in a scheme uses the QBs legs as a real threat and get's guys in space. Also brings head coaching experience in the ACC for our young head coach.

The thing I like about Fedora is that he's versatile, I've seen him light it up through the air, and then when he has weakness at QB or injury to his WR I've seen him pound out 200 yards/game on the ground. He's not my first choice but we could do much worse imo

The thing I like about Fedora is that he's versatile, I've seen him light it up through the air, and then when he has weakness at QB or injury to his WR I've seen him pound out 200 yards/game on the ground. He's not my first choice but we could do much worse imo
He should've beat Clemson in the ACC Championship a few years ago but got screwed by the refs.

UCF has one of the best offenses for the past five years now. Wouldn't mind taking their OC. Charlie wies jr. wouldnt be a bad one either.

My pic Would be Mike Yurcich (Ohio State, formerly Ok St) hes in a non play calling role at Ohio State this season but was the OC at Ok State from 13-18 and never had an offense fall below 8th in that stretch. Got into it with Gundy and left. Would likely jump at the chance to call plays at Miami.

Brady unfortunately isn't going anywhere.

Graham Harrell woild be a great hire from USC as well. As would Kendall Briles (although he's likely going to Ole Miss with Kiffin)
Yurcich was my choice prior to the Richt retirement. We should have got Helfrich in year 2 of Richt, then I wanted Yurcich in year 3. I also wanted Grinch to replace Manny when he took the Temple job... but no one gibes a f*ck about hiring good coordinators & position coaches at Miami.

Advertisement
Back