if the Gayts win Saturday...

Advertisement
I don't know about the coaches poll, but the AP poll the gap is pretty big to jump:

33.png

How are you guys seriously discussing this? No...UF will not jump us if they beat LSU. Do you even pay attention to college football? Wow.

Advertisement
How can any of you root for the gators?.. Think recruiting, bragging rights, etc. the better thy are, the more recruits they take from us and the more their douche alumni will talk **** and call our win a fluke

How can any of you root for the gators?.. Think recruiting, bragging rights, etc. the better thy are, the more recruits they take from us and the more their douche alumni will talk **** and call our win a fluke

lol wtf you talking about bragging rights, Miami beat them, we own them.... i dont understand ur point of view at all. Recruits know who won that game regardless of what ESPN says. The win column dont lie.

I'm not rooting for Florida, I'm rooting for Miami.... and every time Florida beats an SEC team that the media thinks is better then them, Miami wins. Miami didnt get the credit it deserved for beating Florida b/c Florida wasnt apart of the ESPN SEC ****slurping plan this year.

They thought UGa and South Carolina were the hands down top 2 teams in the East.... Miami beats Florida barely gets into the top 25. Clemson beats UGa and is a national title contender.... UGa beats a garbage South Carolina team and UGa is back in the "national title" discussion.

Thats my point.... the more Florida beats these SEC teams that were suppose to be the best of the best, the better off Miami will be win it's all said and done.

I bet on Florida to lose. And also, they're Florida.

So I hope they get diced and fileted on Saturday.

Advertisement

lol wtf you talking about bragging rights, Miami beat them, we own them.... i dont understand ur point of view at all. Recruits know who won that game regardless of what ESPN says. The win column dont lie.

I'm not rooting for Florida, I'm rooting for Miami.... and every time Florida beats an SEC team that the media thinks is better then them, Miami wins. Miami didnt get the credit it deserved for beating Florida b/c Florida wasnt apart of the ESPN SEC ****slurping plan this year.

They thought UGa and South Carolina were the hands down top 2 teams in the East.... Miami beats Florida barely gets into the top 25. Clemson beats UGa and is a national title contender.... UGa beats a garbage South Carolina team and UGa is back in the "national title" discussion.

Thats my point.... the more Florida beats these SEC teams that were suppose to be the best of the best, the better off Miami will be win it's all said and done.

+1...UF wins then 2 good things happen...

1. UM's win over UF increases in value...how can any UM fan be against a win over the most hated rival increasing in value?...UF being successful on the field means nothing if UM is winning as well...

2. An SEC power currently ranked ahead of UM gets knocked out of the natinoal championship picture...when you start the season not ranked in the top 25...you can't afford to cut off your nose to spite your face if you potentially want the crystal ball...now that's bragging rights...

Yeah some of yall are trippin'. According to this theory, GA would have jumped Clemson by now. They beat South Carolina AND LSU when they were both ranked top 10. All its doing is making Clemson look better and better. Same with us.

Advertisement
Yes. And LSU probably stays ahead of us with 2 losses.

Gatas definately jump us with win

+1. Some of these fellas ain't been paying attention to the way the SEC works in these polls. A win over a quality SEC opponent by an SEC opponent averages like a five to six jump while the loser only falls an average of 1 or 2.

Perhaps had we not played them and there was no head to head matchup they'd possibly jump us. Not with a head to head win.

Yes. And LSU probably stays ahead of us with 2 losses.

Gatas definately jump us with win

+1. Some of these fellas ain't been paying attention to the way the SEC works in these polls. A win over a quality SEC opponent by an SEC opponent averages like a five to six jump while the loser only falls an average of 1 or 2.

I agree in any other case but this. A team we beat will not jump us as long as we are undefeated.

Michigan is the only team that can manage to drop heavily while winning

Advertisement
These polls make little to no sense at this point in the year, nothing would surprise me.

I think another interesting game to watch is #7 UGA v. #25 Missouri. If Missouri wins that game (I don't think they will), I can see them leap frog ahead of UGA (maybe Missouri would be #14) and they would have to move UGA back to be behind Missouri.

Unless the pollsters don't believe beating a team (when your undefeated) doesn't matter.

That would be interesting if UGA loses. That would be a very big jump for one team to make and another to drop, Honestly I think if its a 2 loss team at this point you have to go unranked but thats just my opinion. How about a 1 loss VT being unranked yet a 1 loss A&M in the top ten. Look at the schedules, other than bama who has A&M played of any quality? It is the SEC bias I guess.....

Did anyone else notice how when Bama played ole Miss they managed to be a top 25 team just in time and now UGA playing Mizzou and ohh look who made the top 25 this week.... coincidence I think not.

Should be an entertaining weekend of CFB either way though....

That would be interesting if UGA loses. That would be a very big jump for one team to make and another to drop, Honestly I think if its a 2 loss team at this point you have to go unranked but thats just my opinion. How about a 1 loss VT being unranked yet a 1 loss A&M in the top ten. Look at the schedules, other than bama who has A&M played of any quality? It is the SEC bias I guess.....

Did anyone else notice how when Bama played ole Miss they managed to be a top 25 team just in time and now UGA playing Mizzou and ohh look who made the top 25 this week.... coincidence I think not.

Should be an entertaining weekend of CFB either way though....

It would have to be such a high jump too, I am actually hoping this happens. There would be no justification that UGA would be better then Missouri if they lost to them at home. So UGA moves back far enough (possibly 18 spots) because this is their 2nd loss and Missouri would move up a bunch to lap them.

Unless that 2 loss team lost to Oregon and Bama (2 top 5s) and beat 3-4 other RANKED teams. I would say any 2 loss team should be out of the rankings but would they really drop an SEC top 10 team that far? I doubt it.

Advertisement
Back