IF the Canes end with Harley, Thomas, Smith, & Pouncey

Advertisement
Smith ain't coming so posts like this annoy me as some idiot is going to use us not getting Smith ( which would never happen) as a reason to bash Richt when our 4 man WR class is great anyway. Thomas is going to be a elite .

For the first time in a looong time.. I'm not worried about possible decommits but instead I'm worried about highly rated recruits who are realistic considering us down the stretch to NSD picking us. It a nice feeling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Smith and Thomas are studs. Those 2 are as talented as Judy, Hollowman and any other "top" prospect out there. At a critical need position getting 1 of them was a necessity and getting both of them would make this class an automatic A+.

Harley, Pouncey and Njoku are each talented in their own right and important for depth, but the other 2 are on a different level.

Close all 5 of them and sort it out in August.

Devonta Smith would be the best wr in this class the day he commits.

And you know he'll end up the best how? Have you seen him against seasoned college corners? The kid's uber talented but you don't know if he'll turn out to be the best

Out of all the commits, he would be the most ready to start making an impact right now based on his size and what I've seen on film.

Any suggestion of moving him to CB is asinine.

I didn't suggest to move him to CB right away...I said if the kid doesn't work out at WR then they should move him to CB much like Ermin was moved to Safety and instantly started there

But I can tell you aren't the best at comprehension

Asinine.
I love Harley and Pouncey but there is a reason Bama and LSU are hard after Smith and not those two. Because he's a stud. Suggesting him
Moving to CB in the future is a joke.

Bama does not have room for Smith, Juedy, Shavers ,Townsend, and getting Buggs. LSU not exactly WR U, plus his long standing relationship with Richt.

Advertisement
yall gonna owe Donk Dugans an apology

if they end with Henderson, Edwards, & Dean yall gonna owe Rumph one too

View attachment 41804

do we take all four? i would but langham has to transfer then lol

yes they take all 4, have 5 wrs on team right now that aren't walkons. most teams carry at least 10 scholarship wr's so yes they take them all it would fix the wr depth issue, and Harley and Thomas could fix the return issues team has had.

oh no one should knock on rumph either one he is a cane legacy but 2 the work he did with cb's this year was downright miracle, redwine looked solid. malek young started at end of year and was solid as a true freshman. the truth is recruiting matters but if u can't coach u can have all the 5 stars u want and still suck, rumph can coach he proved it this past year with Miami's weak cb core that became a solid if not great unit.

Advertisement
Coaches don't recruit by position, they recruit by region. How do we know if Dugans is the one who sealed all those guys?

Either way, that's my dawg. Donk muthafvckin' Dugans!

You guys make my day....you're ready to crown a kid without seeing him play college football yet lol

I mean, statistically the odds are that he's going to be a very good player as a 5 star.

I'm aware of that and I think he will be as well.

But for every Malachi Dupre, there's an hideous dude by the name of Ermin Lane

True, but Lane had catching problems, didn't run great routes and was already pretty developed physically. Give me Smith's speed and explosiveness and a frame to develop more anyway.

Smith and Thomas are studs. Those 2 are as talented as Judy, Hollowman and any other "top" prospect out there. At a critical need position getting 1 of them was a necessity and getting both of them would make this class an automatic A+.

Harley, Pouncey and Njoku are each talented in their own right and important for depth, but the other 2 are on a different level.

Close all 5 of them and sort it out in August.

I think Pouncey is one to keep an eye.
Dude's been gushing on his OV to Texas all weekend on twitter.

Advertisement
Back