If that's the defense we see the rest of the year...

I just thought it was refreshing to see the defense make stop after stop. I can't remember the last ugly defensive win we had. I'm still not sold on Golden but last night was a step in the right direction. They made adjustments and they worked. I know it's still only Duke. But I guarantee you that Duke came in confident. And why wouldn't they have. The ran on to a tune 380 last season. It looked we did what we should have done. I think it's impressive just given the coaches track record.

Advertisement
LULZ at how easily you guys get sucked in. Duke was really bad, and Boone looked drugged. He was playing in quick sand. His wind up when he throws is slower than Luis Tiant, and he had the arm strength of a prematurely born gnat.

They had zero talent aside from the freshmans RB who actually played well and made plays and Crowder. Hard for Crowder to do anything against good athletes with no other threats to take coverage away from him and a terrible QB.

Do you believe in miracles?! LULZ. Sucker game.

I really don't want to sound like a ***** here but it really just ****ed me off watching us last night. Yes of course, I am always happy when we look good, borderline dominant especially on D. I love a good defense more than anything. But to watch our guys be put in the best positions, not all the time, but a good bit of the time, and watching them physically dominate Duke and dare them to beat us over the top (which they couldnt) it just goes to show what we are capable of against teams that arent as good as we are talent wise. I don't think we have played a more talented team than us yet which is where the frustration boils over.

I think most fans are in the same boat as me. Just beyond ****ed off at our coaches putting our players in a position to underachieve. Last night was a glimpse of what we can do because we are talented. It was fun while it lasted anyway.

LULZ at how easily you guys get sucked in. Duke was really bad, and Boone looked drugged. He was playing in quick sand. His wind up when he throws is slower than Luis Tiant, and he had the arm strength of a prematurely born gnat.

They had zero talent aside from the freshmans RB who actually played well and made plays and Crowder. Hard for Crowder to do anything against good athletes with no other threats to take coverage away from him and a terrible QB.

I mean, there's a reason Vegas had us a decent sized favorite even though we rarely ever cover, and we have looked like trash this year.

I mean, there's a reason Vegas had us a decent sized favorite even though we rarely ever cover, and we have looked like trash this year.

Was thinking the same thing. As soon as I saw The line shoot up from 4.5 to 7 early in the week I knew what was up. People who paid a lot more attention to Duke this year than I had were dumping tons of money on UM. They showed us why. They're really bad and tremendously unathletic this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back