If Rick is truly committed to winning...

Advertisement
can't hire briles with sexual exploitation scandal at baylor. i mean we could pull some strings . . . maybe richt can have trump pardon sandusky and then bring both sandusky and briles on board . . . with diaz going to fiu and all

Someone will hire him. I heard the same "can't hire Petrino" **** when I was calling for him.

Im not sure whether I should say, with reference to those two guys, that my comment was tongue in cheek . . . but I think you know that.

what concerns me is didn't UGa have to "ask" richt to have somebody else be OC and assume the CEO role?

if that's accurate, then why would he be any more self-analytical now?

...and isn't just looking to compete for second in the Coastal he'll call Briles or Sark as soon as the season ends and hire one of them to run the offense. He can coach QBs to satiate his coaching tooth. But he needs to be a savage and hire a savage to run this offense if he wants to build UM into a champion.

I love Briles but I don't think he is Richt's kind of guy.......I also think someone in the SEC will hire Briles as the HC for 2017.....One guy he should look at is the OC at Stanford, Bloomgren.....He is originally from Florida and I believe was on Bowden's staff during the 1990s, when Richt was the OC......as for Richt Jr, give him a nice title and put him in the office, off the field.
Bloomgren might be available because Stanford's offense has been epically awful and inept this year.

Briles should be anyone who wants to win and score points' type of guy. They don't need to be best pals. I doubt Briles gets a marquee HC gig right away. He'll more likely have to do his penance as an assistant for awhile.

Chise I love the idea of bringing in Briles, would be too good to be true. Get our media guys to spin it as him coming to work with the God fearing pastor Richt to get his professional compass pointing in the right direction or something along those lines. Kids would line up to play for us.

Advertisement
Briles' son would do a just fine job and Papa briles is too confident to take anote OC job

Advertisement
C'mon, you're telling me Pastor Richt doesn't like a good redemption story. I would love the hate that would come our way. With a Briles and our D trending up, we would be back.

I'm a fan of fast tempo Pro style systems like Washington's or Louisville's. I know spread set of fences in vogue so if we do go after one of those type of guys then Briles's son would be a good choice

Advertisement
He ain't canning/demoting his son or brown any time soon

Then he's a fcking loser. His son should go to a support role or take a "promotion" to another program. He doesn't have to demote Brown. Brown can keep the same empty title and giant check he has now.

If that new legislation gets passed increasing staffs to 10 he won't have to move anyone out.

I haven't been following that proposal to increase coaching staff......how realistic is this and is it likely for 2017?

Advertisement
He ain't canning/demoting his son or brown any time soon

Then he's a fcking loser. His son should go to a support role or take a "promotion" to another program. He doesn't have to demote Brown. Brown can keep the same empty title and giant check he has now.

If that new legislation gets passed increasing staffs to 10 he won't have to move anyone out.

I haven't been following that proposal to increase coaching staff......how realistic is this and is it likely for 2017?

Very good chance it'll be in place in 2017.

Just to be clear here.

We wouldn't hire Butch because of his "NCAA issues" even though he had a letter signed from the NCAA that said he was 0% responsible.

But, we will hire Briles who was basically 100% responsible for promoting gang rapes committed by his team.

Meanwhile Sarkisian was fired for not only MISSING A ******* PRACTICE because he is too much of a drunkard, but also showing up later to a meeting and having his assistant corches send him home because he was too sauced.

Sounds legit.

I agree we need some new blood at the OC position, but can we at least float some names that feckless James will actually hire?

can't hire briles with sexual exploitation scandal at baylor. i mean we could pull some strings . . . maybe richt can have trump pardon sandusky and then bring both sandusky and briles on board . . . with diaz going to fiu and all

Did you just put Briles in the same sentence as Sandusky? What's next? Michael Vick in the same sentence as Richard Ramirez?

Advertisement
Back