If Rick is truly committed to winning...

Advertisement
...and isn't just looking to compete for second in the Coastal he'll call Briles or Sark as soon as the season ends and hire one of them to run the offense. He can coach QBs to satiate his coaching tooth. But he needs to be a savage and hire a savage to run this offense if he wants to build UM into a champion.

So if he doesn't call one of two coaches he isn't committed to winning? Art Briles, the JoePa acolyte? Sark the Inebriated? No other people but those two qualify?

Don't get me wrong those dudes aren't exactly James Coley, but why does Rick have to comport with your bullet list to be committed to winning? What does his level of commitment have to do with his level of success? Lots of people who suck at their jobs try really freaking hard at it. I'm more concerned with if he knows there's a problem or not. At this point I don't know that he's even aware his offense is a big bag of farts.

I know we've all got to act like we know what Richt needs to do, but I don't care if he hires Kenneth Bone as long as he fixes the O. I'd like to see him figure that out now, not at the end of the year. Because at this point I'm concerned about the entire offensive staff except maybe Brown. The WRs are costing us, the OL is costing us and the play calling is showcasing our weaknesses instead of our strengths. I don't know that just getting a better play caller will be enough. Or that either of those dudes is it.

I think I get what you're trying to say, but my point is that we honestly don't know what needs to be done, or the scope of what is wrong. My fear is that it's bigger than a play caller.

Last edited:
What's the name of the Texas OC? That dude has Texas lighting up the scoreboard. It's such a no brainier but it ain't gonna happwn

Advertisement
...and isn't just looking to compete for second in the Coastal he'll call Briles or Sark as soon as the season ends and hire one of them to run the offense. He can coach QBs to satiate his coaching tooth. But he needs to be a savage and hire a savage to run this offense if he wants to build UM into a champion.

I like your posts and genuinely agree with a lot of what you say, but let me ask you this since you seem to think this is all on Richt....How did we as a program and fan base go from, "Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games," too "we have a lousy coaching staff and it's all their fault"

You're someone that never puts any blame on the kids, but they're the ones out there consistantly messing up. news flash when we were great we had great players or even players who made the plays that were there to be made. We haven't had that in a long time, but it's not all on the coaching, play calling, or even Richt.

For example in the biggest drive of the game our 4* S. Fl guy barely got a hand on a reserve 2* spot playing DE. I thought even 2* S. Fl kids were better than 4*/5* star from everywhere else? Chise stop crying

You almost got it right.

A coach is supposed to put the players in position to be sucessful. That is, understanding weaknesses and stregnths. So to that point, if we all know our o line cant hold a block for longer than 2 seconds, why aren't we calling plays that only take 2 seconds to develope? Slants, comebacks, drags...the middle of the field is always open, and we don't capitalize on that much.

Why do we keep running out of the shotgun?!! We know Kaaya isn't going to run, the defense knows it, so it's going to be a run, or a pass play that we can't block long enough to develope.
It's like we are coaching to out think the defense, when we need to coach to move the ball. This is a coaching thing. a player only runs the play called.

Last edited:

I love Briles but I don't think he is Richt's kind of guy.......I also think someone in the SEC will hire Briles as the HC for 2017.....One guy he should look at is the OC at Stanford, Bloomgren.....He is originally from Florida and I believe was on Bowden's staff during the 1990s, when Richt was the OC......as for Richt Jr, give him a nice title and put him in the office, off the field.

Advertisement
They would have to demote/get rid of someone on the staff. People who come to mind Hartley- let dugans coach WR/TE he can obviously teach blocking. Banda or Rumph- let one or the other coach the secondary this would free up a spot for an OC. Hes not going to get rid of his son or Brown. Sucks but its true, brown is making 700k for what a title? We all know that kind of money could have gotten us a very very good OC.

Forget all this nonsense....
Richt took this job to call his own plays and he ain't giving that up. So quit getting your hopes raised up.
We are in the same position as last year ... only this time it is the offensive side and it is his son he needs to remove not his bu tt buddy like Al.

At the end of the day, we are just as screwed!!!

Advertisement

I like your posts and genuinely agree with a lot of what you say, but let me ask you this since you seem to think this is all on Richt....How did we as a program and fan base go from, "Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games," too "we have a lousy coaching staff and it's all their fault"

You're someone that never puts any blame on the kids, but they're the ones out there consistantly messing up. news flash when we were great we had great players or even players who made the plays that were there to be made. We haven't had that in a long time, but it's not all on the coaching, play calling, or even Richt.

For example in the biggest drive of the game our 4* S. Fl guy barely got a hand on a reserve 2* spot playing DE. I thought even 2* S. Fl kids were better than 4*/5* star from everywhere else? Chise stop crying
Teams with less talent than us are outperforming us against the same competition. That is coaching. Coaches put their players in the best place to succeed. If that player is not performing they either coach them up or find someone else to carry the torch. Thinhas. Ot happened in Miami.

I love Briles but I don't think he is Richt's kind of guy.......I also think someone in the SEC will hire Briles as the HC for 2017.....One guy he should look at is the OC at Stanford, Bloomgren.....He is originally from Florida and I believe was on Bowden's staff during the 1990s, when Richt was the OC......as for Richt Jr, give him a nice title and put him in the office, off the field.

This. Please.

Advertisement
Art Briles would be a great choice. I dont think any major college would take him as a HC with what happened at Baylor, but maybe a OC role. Only problem is he needs a mobile QB and as of right now all we have is a Brad.

Art Briles would be a great choice. I dont think any major college would take him as a HC with what happened at Baylor, but maybe a OC role. Only problem is he needs a mobile QB and as of right now all we have is a Brad.

LSU would take him in a hot second.

This dude smashed UNC (the team who just beat us) with his RB basically playing Wildcat the entire game.

can't hire briles with sexual exploitation scandal at baylor. i mean we could pull some strings . . . maybe richt can have trump pardon sandusky and then bring both sandusky and briles on board . . . with diaz going to fiu and all

Someone will hire him. I heard the same "can't hire Petrino" **** when I was calling for him.

Hire Briles and make him pull a Billy Bush and donate part of his salary to a women's advocacy group. Make the announcement at a tearful press conference where he thanks Blak, Julio, and UM for giving him a shot.
Or just hire him and tell the world to suck your dyck.

So if he doesn't call one of two coaches he isn't committed to winning? Art Briles, the JoePa acolyte? Sark the Inebriated? No other people but those two qualify?

Don't get me wrong those dudes aren't exactly James Coley, but why does Rick have to comport with your bullet list to be committed to winning? What does his level of commitment have to do with his level of success? Lots of people who suck at their jobs try really freaking hard at it. I'm more concerned with if he knows there's a problem or not. At this point I don't know that he's even aware his offense is a big bag of farts.

I know we've all got to act like we know what Richt needs to do, but I don't care if he hires Kenneth Bone as long as he fixes the O. I'd like to see him figure that out now, not at the end of the year. Because at this point I'm concerned about the entire offensive staff except maybe Brown. The WRs are costing us, the OL is costing us and the play calling is showcasing our weaknesses instead of our strengths. I don't know that just getting a better play caller will be enough. Or that either of those dudes is it.

I think I get what you're trying to say, but my point is that we honestly don't know what needs to be done, or the scope of what is wrong. My fear is that it's bigger than a play caller.
Yes. Those are the only 2 alternatives because I didn't list every other offensive guru in the land and I wasn't milquetoast and down-the-middle enough for your taste in the way I strongly worded my post.

Advertisement
Back