If Rick is truly committed to winning...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
...and isn't just looking to compete for second in the Coastal he'll call Briles or Sark as soon as the season ends and hire one of them to run the offense. He can coach QBs to satiate his coaching tooth. But he needs to be a savage and hire a savage to run this offense if he wants to build UM into a champion.

Advertisement
150% agree with you. Needs to get a true offensive mind to command the offense.

Such a shame on ANOTHER wasted season at this progrum.

Corch Richrt is still bitter of having to relinquish his OC duties at Georgia 10 years ago. I'd give him a lot of props if he realized he's the problem but this feels like D'Nofrio all over again.

Advertisement
But is Sark off the sauce?

[video=youtube;4acayiZAHaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acayiZAHaM[/video]

My top guys are TJ Weist, Dan Werner, Kendall Briles (if interested), Ken Dorsey (if interested) or seeing if we can snatch Sean Lewis from Syracuse.

In order to hire a big name OC it'll probably cost upwards of $400-500K a year, so I'm thinking we get a guy from a smaller program with a proven track record who's looking for a bump up in pay scale & resume.

Texas pretty much did the same thing with Gilbert who was at Eastern Illinois & Tulsa before he got the Texas OC job & he'll probably be kept on staff even after Strong gets fired.

Last edited:
He ain't canning/demoting his son or brown any time soon

Then he's a fcking loser. His son should go to a support role or take a "promotion" to another program. He doesn't have to demote Brown. Brown can keep the same empty title and giant check he has now.

If that new legislation gets passed increasing staffs to 10 he won't have to move anyone out.

Advertisement
Such a shame on ANOTHER wasted season at this progrum.

Corch Richrt is still bitter of having to relinquish his OC duties at Georgia 10 years ago. I'd give him a lot of props if he realized he's the problem but this feels like D'Nofrio all over again.

It has that same eery feeling. Hopefully, Rick will be more of a man than Folden and do what's right for the program.

Demote his son hire a OC and have brown keep the co-OC gig, now will richt do that i doubt it, its like golden all over again except with the offense its a shame

My top guys are TJ Weist, Dan Werner, Kendall Briles (if interested), Ken Dorsey (if interested) or seeing if we can snatch Sean Lewis from Syracuse.

In order to hire a big name OC it'll probably cost upwards of $400-500K a year, so I'm thinking we get a guy from a smaller program with a proven track record who's looking for a bump up in pay scale & resume.

Texas pretty much did the same thing with Gilbert who was at Eastern Illinois & Tulsa before he got the Texas OC job & he'll probably be kept on staff even after Strong gets fired.
Dan Werner? Coker's old OC? I'm not opposed to hiring a young OC, but we can pay a vet if we want to.

Advertisement
If he demotes his son then i would be convinced he's looking out for UM's best interest. If not, then I know what to expect for the next 10 years.

Advertisement

Wasn't Dan Werner fired by Coker? If they get Briles game over but that won't happen. Richt wants to call plays but has no help in film room or exposing defenses. He can't do it all and hopefully he will realize this.

Dan Werner? Coker's old OC? I'm not opposed to hiring a young OC, but we can pay a vet if we want to.
He's done a pretty good job at Ole Miss with their Offense & I know that name brings flashbacks, but he would be better than what we're trotting out there on the field now.

My other issue is if richt does step down from calling plays will he keep his system and have someone call from that or scrap it and run a completely new system

...and isn't just looking to compete for second in the Coastal he'll call Briles or Sark as soon as the season ends and hire one of them to run the offense. He can coach QBs to satiate his coaching tooth. But he needs to be a savage and hire a savage to run this offense if he wants to build UM into a champion.

Doesn't matter...even if by some miracle from god that he admits he's the screaming ***** at calling plays and hires one of those guys they'll be gone in one or two years and well be back in same position. And that's with a ****** head coach at the mercy of his coordinators.

Advertisement
Back