If only we had Lane

I wanted Mario ( not sure how I feel about that now) but Lane was right there. Him off field was my concern. He was a wild man at Bama lol. Or anywhere else he’d been lol.
Lol... Yeah, he is wild, and that's what I loved about him! He is "Miami Swag"... him with the turnover chain would have been a match made in heaven lol!

Advertisement
And wins. Wins are fun. 9/10-win seasons are pretty cool.

We should try it sometime. I know Mario is in the caveman era so he’s got some catching up to do, but give him the century he deserves and we’ll be there!

100 percent bull----. You people would like 9 or 10 wins one time. In year four you would be calling for his head.

Lane getting worked over by “bro ball” wondering why he’s struggling to score half a hundo right now…

What’s his record against teams with more than 9 wins?

Advertisement
Lol... Yeah, he is wild, and that's what I loved about him! He is "Miami Swag"... him with the turnover chain would have been a match made in heaven lol!
Or a match made in ****. He had to leave Bama because they’d had enough. He was very reckless.

Lane da gawd.

1699757361207.gif

Advertisement
It was just a matter of time before someone went to the trusty old "he would have more talent" line. The best talent is in the true south. Not in south Florida.

Lane will prob finish 10-2 with Ls to Bama n UGA and ppl are talking sh111t? So many idiots in this fan base, it's kinda amazing.
He's not even competing. Vanderbilt literally played Georgia better than this. Vanderbilt.

It’s Ole Miss , remove your head from Mario’s **** for five minutes and go read their history books. Foe their talent he does an amazing job. Unlike somebody else I know.
SEC consistently has 8-9 of the top 20 teams in the composite. Lane has had teams in the top 20 on the recruit rankings. 1-19 I believe it was against teams that end the year with 9 or more wins. **** Napier matched that day 1 last year against Utah.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And that was his ceiling. Lots of points, no defense, and had bad losses every year against teams he should beat.
Sounds too familiar, only Leach was doing it with 2 and 3 stars in Lubbock, Pullman and Starkville while the caveman has 4s and 5s in the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation. It’s amazing how that happens.

Some people on this board LOVE to jock mediocre coaches with exciting offenses. Listen, I'm frustrated about what happened today, I travelled to Tallahassee, spent a good chunk of money just to hope that this team had a chance at winning late. They at least accomplished that, but I knew that this passing game wasn't going to do enough to win, and once the run game started to falter, it was a wrap.

That said, Lane Kiffin isn't the answer, he's the new Mike Leach, when it comes to the hardon our fanbase has for him. In other words, a coach that is entertaining, but you can't win anything of note with. As I said in a previous thread, the coach(if it isn't Mario) that gets this thing going isn't one of these huge names our fans love to trot out, usually for reasons that have little to do with football, it's a coach you likely wouldn't want because you've never heard of him. Elko, a guy like Jedd Fisch, those are dudes that would have a high success probability here, mostly because they already know how to get the most out of talent..
The bolded are reasons your a poor decision maker.

Lane Kiffin was EXACTLY the answer coming off of Manny Diaz with the offensive talent that was available on the roster.

He wouldve won more games than we currently have which ultimately wouldve led to better recruiting...and if he was leaving...It meant we were winning.....

Which we could then pivot to Mario Cristobal who's biggest gig would obviously have been the oregon gig and he would forever be available to come home.

But miami gonna miami.

We are stuck in quick sand for atleast 3 more years and will have another alumni coach that no 1 will eventually like sans Randy Shannon

Advertisement
Back