If only we had Lane

It’s Ole Miss , remove your head from Mario’s **** for five minutes and go read their history books. Foe their talent he does an amazing job. Unlike somebody else I know.

Cool, he does a great job of getting their hopes up. It still wouldn't fly on this mongoloid message board.

Advertisement
He's Mike Leach. Grabs your attention with a lot of points against bad teams, but he's never beating the big boys.
Never understood the hate for Leach, he coached at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State. Took two of those programs from bottom feeders to being respectable, yet everyone wants to talk him down because of his defenses. At least he put points on the board. Haven’t seen that the past 2 years. Also has the most wins against ranked teams with his team being unranked.

It's funny how you people are swayed by points and personality. It was the same with Mike Leach.

Advertisement
Never understood the hate for Leach, he coached at Texas Tech, Washington State and Mississippi State. Took two of those programs from bottom feeders to being respectable, yet everyone wants to talk him down because of his defenses. At least he put points on the board. Haven’t seen that the past 2 years. Also has the most wins against ranked teams with his team being unranked.

And that was his ceiling. Lots of points, no defense, and had bad losses every year against teams he should beat.

It's funny how you people are swayed by points and personality. It was the same with Mike Leach.
And wins. Wins are fun. 9/10-win seasons are pretty cool.

We should try it sometime. I know Mario is in the caveman era so he’s got some catching up to do, but give him the century he deserves and we’ll be there!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some people on this board LOVE to jock mediocre coaches with exciting offenses. Listen, I'm frustrated about what happened today, I travelled to Tallahassee, spent a good chunk of money just to hope that this team had a chance at winning late. They at least accomplished that, but I knew that this passing game wasn't going to do enough to win, and once the run game started to falter, it was a wrap.

That said, Lane Kiffin isn't the answer, he's the new Mike Leach, when it comes to the hardon our fanbase has for him. In other words, a coach that is entertaining, but you can't win anything of note with. As I said in a previous thread, the coach(if it isn't Mario) that gets this thing going isn't one of these huge names our fans love to trot out, usually for reasons that have little to do with football, it's a coach you likely wouldn't want because you've never heard of him. Elko, a guy like Jedd Fisch, those are dudes that would have a high success probability here, mostly because they already know how to get the most out of talent..

Well definitely isn't the great cuban hope some of you were hoping for. Bottom line, Lane is winning 10 games in the SEC and Mario winning 5-6 in the acc and getting blown out by Middle Tennessee State

So Lane is a better coach. Awesome. Tell me how that would fly around here. 9-3, a couple of blowouts.

Advertisement
I fully expect Ole **** (who has had a relatively soft scheddy) to lay an egg vs. **** State. It would be so on-brand for all parties involved.

HIs offense kills it in Oxford, until he plays a competent team.
Lmao. Ole miss gets the same recruiting talent as miami!

dave-chapelle-word.gif

Advertisement
Back