If only Blake is fired...

Advertisement
She is part of the current admin so she would go if Blake James is fired unless the new AD would want to retain her in some capacity. Enough with the conspiracy theories. If Shalala was so enamored with gender equality, she had 3 chances to hire a female AD - Kirby, Eichorst, and Blake. Guess what? She didn't.

1. You sure she would be fired with Blake? The premise of the whole thread is if only Blake is fired
2. Shalala is not hiring for the permanent position, Frenk and the BOT would be...Politically more difficult to hire another man than it is for a women to hire a man who would work for her. Again, in the scenario, Strawley is in the acting seat because someone has to be the AD in the interim...James was interim when Eichorst left and then was named permanent. See the pattern?

1. You sure she would be fired with Blake? The premise of the whole thread is if only Blake is fired
2. Shalala is not hiring for the permanent position, Frenk and the BOT would be...Politically more difficult to hire another man than it is for a women to hire a man who would work for her. Again, in the scenario, Strawley is in the acting seat because someone has to be the AD in the interim...James was interim when Eichorst left and then was named permanent. See the pattern?

Yes, why fire Blake if you will just hire an underling? Obviously you are firing him because you do not agree with the direction of the department and want to bring in someone new. Even if she was made "interim AD", I do not see her keeping the job - just like very few "interim head coaches" get the permanent title.

The difference in this James scenario is Eichorst wasn't fired. He left of his own accord. That is the difference and therefore, there is no pattern.

You mentioned in your prior post that Miami would want to be part of the "progressive" ACC and hire a female AD. My point was, if that were the case, why didn't the ultra-progressive Shalala hire a female AD when she had 3 opportunities to do so? Again, politics doesn't need to be put into everything.

I work for a large organization that prides itself more and more on being PC and sympathetic to "diversity" and women - there's no way in **** Strawley gets fired. In this climate, she could get a team of lawyers and sue for every ***/gender discrimination law in the book, with a dash of "this male-dominated work environment made me feel unsafe", and she'd take down the University. They all know it too.

Advertisement
Yes, why fire Blake if you will just hire an underling? Obviously you are firing him because you do not agree with the direction of the department and want to bring in someone new. Even if she was made "interim AD", I do not see her keeping the job - just like very few "interim head coaches" get the permanent title.

The difference in this James scenario is Eichorst wasn't fired. He left of his own accord. That is the difference and therefore, there is no pattern.

You mentioned in your prior post that Miami would want to be part of the "progressive" ACC and hire a female AD. My point was, if that were the case, why didn't the ultra-progressive Shalala hire a female AD when she had 3 opportunities to do so? Again, politics doesn't need to be put into everything.

As I stated, easier for her to hire a man as a women in charge, plus we are talking about Hocutt and Eichorst being over and almost a decade ago...The whole political landscape as changed and in this scenario, we have an election in less than a year. If you think someone as politically savvy as Donna Shalala wouldn't let such a situation go to waste...Well, you don't know Donna.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college-...rim-athletic-director/UYRpYEC6OlLNlNRMfPToYM/

Again, about Interim's not getting the job...

Dude, again Blake was hired after Eichorst quit to take the Nebraska job. There was no opinion that there needed to be a change in the AD direction like there would be if Blake were fired. Of course, I understand James was an interim who was hired as the permanent guy, but it was a totally different situation.

There was an election in less than one month when Eichorst quit in October 2012. Shalala wasn't politically savvy enough to put in place a female AD then or in 2008 another election year when Hocutt was hired. Obviously, you think there is some kind of conspiracy at work that will ensure Strawley gets the job if James is fired. Maybe you're right. I just don't see it in the facts.

If the powers that be simply wanted to hire a woman into the AD position based solely on her gender instead of performance and experience, it would have happened by now - there were plenty of opportunities. And please don't tell me there wasn't pressure to make politically correct hires during the Obama years.

Dude, again Blake was hired after Eichorst quit to take the Nebraska job. There was no opinion that there needed to be a change in the AD direction like there would be if Blake were fired. Of course, I understand James was an interim who was hired as the permanent guy, but it was a totally different situation.

There was an election in less than one month when Eichorst quit in October 2012. Shalala wasn't politically savvy enough to put in place a female AD then or in 2008 another election year when Hocutt was hired. Obviously, you think there is some kind of conspiracy at work that will ensure Strawley gets the job if James is fired. Maybe you're right. I just don't see it in the facts.

If the powers that be simply wanted to hire a woman into the AD position based solely on her gender instead of performance and experience, it would have happened by now - there were plenty of opportunities. And please don't tell me there wasn't pressure to make politically correct hires during the Obama years.

Dude, you like the circular argument...With the often used crutch of "conspiracy theory" thrown out when someone identifies a political rather than merit based action. Shalala always wanted another Barry Alvarez and in 2008 and 2012 do you think the media would press a prominient female Democrat about hiring decisions? Shalala was also be savvy enough to realize she couldn't get a Kay Yow or Joan Cronen to leave their schools for Miami and without a name female AD, the optics would be lousy.

2020 election? Her party wants the presidency. C'mon Man, you know the answer.

Advertisement
If Blake James is a smart man (he’s neither), he fires Strawley today and makes it public. She’s in charge of football. The perfect scapegoat. She’s also got the most to gain by Blake getting terminated. Probably already working behind scenes to take his job.

Dude, you like the circular argument...With the often used crutch of "conspiracy theory" thrown out when someone identifies a political rather than merit based action. Shalala always wanted another Barry Alvarez and in 2008 and 2012 do you think the media would press a prominient female Democrat about hiring decisions? Shalala was also be savvy enough to realize she couldn't get a Kay Yow or Joan Cronen to leave their schools for Miami and without a name female AD, the optics would be lousy.

2020 election? Her party wants the presidency. C'mon Man, you know the answer.

I know.....the "truth is out there" right Agent Mulder?? Keep looking at life through the lens of conspiracy. I'll live in facts. She had the opportunity 3 times and didn't do it. Eichorst was a resignation, not a dismissal as in the hypothetical involving James. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

I know.....the "truth is out there" right Agent Mulder?? Keep looking at life through the lens of conspiracy. I'll live in facts. She had the opportunity 3 times and didn't do it. Eichorst was a resignation, not a dismissal as in the hypothetical involving James. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Agent Mulder? Was that the X Files show? Sorry, was too busy (and disinterested) to watch, but remember the basic premise. Maybe they did some technique where they were trying to apply a person's past decisions, in a different role, to today.

As a University President Shalala (GASP!) did hire a women to lead a major unit of the school. In 2007, she hired Barbra Kahn to be Dean of the Business School because she was a W...harton School Vice Dean who had been a dynamic leader at Wharton and a prolific author. When Kahn left in 2011, Eugene Anderson from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan was hired by Shalala.

Both of these were merit-based prestige hires, as Shalala, in her role as the University President, was furiously trying to improve the schools academics and profile.

Today, Donna Shalala is a Democratic congressman who will work to "get out the base" (if my postulation comes true), by making the situation one of gender discrimination.

Bank it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 103062

This is your acting AD...Imagine the PC pressure from the media to make her permanent.

The Miami Hurricanes of yore was Michael Cimino doing the The Deer Hunter

This version is Heaven's Gate
And that sir is exactly why she was on the Banner! No way can we let UM fire Blake and then promote this **** to his spot. Come **** or high water James and puke face Strawley will be shown the door! Lol I don’t remember who it was on here but the first time that same pic of Strawley was put on here another posters only response was “kill that thing with fire!” Lmao everytime I see that pic I think of that dudes post and laugh my @ss off! Priceless post and correct in every way as she looks like a ****roach and lord knows those things can survive almost anything but fire. 😂🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Blake James is a smart man (he’s neither), he fires Strawley today and makes it public. She’s in charge of football. The perfect scapegoat. She’s also got the most to gain by Blake getting terminated. Probably already working behind scenes to take his job.

That’s quite Machiavellian and correct.

View attachment 103062

This is your acting AD...Imagine the PC pressure from the media to make her permanent.

The Miami Hurricanes of yore was Michael Cimino doing the The Deer Hunter

This version is Heaven's Gate
Also what kind of person in there right mind approves that pic of herself to be put on the official UM site? Clearly a woman who’s hysterically out of her mind! Lmao I mean let’s be real here, if your first reflex upon seeing that horrifying photo isn’t to puke 🤢 🤮 then something is wrong with you. 😂🤣

Well...we would be the most woke athletic department.....so theres that.
Womans soccer would thrive!
There’s an old saying about that, that always rings true “get woke, go broke!” And that’s exactly what will happen to this program as that stadium will be bare bones empty. Lol I mean so bare not even a hyena could scavenge anything off it! 😂

Advertisement
Back