If not Enos, whose next ?

Enos offense got worse in YPG and PPG in each of his three years at Arkansas.
Talent got worse as whoever they had after Alex Collins wasn’t as good. Brandon Allen’s brother who replaced him after 2015 wasn’t elite but was solid.(he got hurt in 2017) which obviously affected their offense. Losing Jeremy sprinkle and hunter Henry at tight end hurt too

Advertisement
Talent got worse as whoever they had after Alex Collins wasn’t as good. Brandon Allen’s brother who replaced him after 2015 wasn’t elite but was solid.(he got hurt in 2017) which obviously affected their offense. Losing Jeremy sprinkle and hunter Henry at tight end hurt too
But he was there for three years. Shouldn’t he have recruited players for his system? So the players that were there when he got there fit his system better than the players he recruited? That seems like a huge problem

A guy I was a huge fan of was hired this year as Oklahoma State's offensive coordinator in Sean Gleeson. They're currently top 15 in scoring and total offense but what he was doing at Princeton scoring and total offense wise was amazing but Gundy beat everyone to him and so far is paying big rewards. Guy is like in his mid 30s and looking like a future star. Plus he's only making 550,000 in comparison to what Enos is making so we could afford him for sure if Enos ever left.

But he was there for three years. Shouldn’t he have recruited players for his system? So the players that were there when he got there fit his system better than the players he recruited? That seems like a huge problem
If your starting qb from the previous year get hurt in the middle of your season in the sec west with Arkansas level talent wouldn’t that greatly affect your offense? Not like they are stacking the roster there with nfl type guys like you can at other sec places

Advertisement
Advertisement
He calls plays?

Non-play calling OC. He said he wants to call plays. The trade off for lack of experience is getting one of the best OL coaches and recruiters in CFB. Also playcalling is of secondary importance to the offensive system. Mark Richt was one of the most experienced play callers in football last year.

Advertisement
I dont belive he does and I fully admit the risk BUT he is considered one of the best OL coaches so I think the risk is worth it. Also he would bring that playbook and has always worked in the spread offense.

He'll probably get the OU HC job after Riley leaves to go to the nfl after this season. I can't imagine him being at OU any longer and there has to be multiple teams that would hire him.

A guy I was a huge fan of was hired this year as Oklahoma State's offensive coordinator in Sean Gleeson. They're currently top 15 in scoring and total offense but what he was doing at Princeton scoring and total offense wise was amazing but Gundy beat everyone to him and so far is paying big rewards. Guy is like in his mid 30s and looking like a future star. Plus he's only making 550,000 in comparison to what Enos is making so we could afford him for sure if Enos ever left.
Can you imagine this board if we hired an OC from Princeton? Lol

Yost should have been the guy from day 1 in my opinion. We need a drastic improvement out of the Oline to run Enos system.

Advertisement
I remember during the off season there was lots of talk about Gleeson and what he was doing at Princeton.

If we can't recruit an elite OL then we are not winning under anyone's offense. Our issue with OL isn't that we have recruited all garbage, but instead our lack of experience.

All the great offenses, even a spread team like OU, have great OLs.

Oh I know. It would carry more risk than someone from a power 5 program, etc. But so far he's been great, and Gundy is always a great identifier of small school coaching talent.

The next OC has to be someone who maximizes the talent they have against the defenses they play.

If he comes from a G5 program or less, fine.

Just make sure he’s not calling slow play-action with a rookie QB and OL.

Advertisement
Back