If Manny goes into the Bama game with Baker

Advertisement
Manny keeps Baker around because both him and Blake want to keep Baker around.

Baker is the Patsy to be blamed for when things really go south after Bama puts Savannah State numbers on this Clowntard Defensive Staph next September.

If Baker was fired and Blake and Manny went out and hired, say, Matt Patricia as our next DC, Bama would still beat us like rented mules. But then who’d get the blame?

IF this happens (which I doubt, because I have no choice but to be hopeful), we need a mass protest on season tickets. That would be absolute horse****.

What route? he also lasted 4+ years. Maximizing his tenure is the best he can do I think. Look at his resume and tell me his longest stay at one place, it was his 3 years as Miami dc
Getting a reprieve by firing a coordinator... golden never was able to buy that extra year by firing his DC..

Manny could go in with Buddy Ryan and it wouldn't matter. Manny doesn't instil fear or discipline in his players.

Advertisement
We could go into Alabama game with Buddy Ryan or any one else and it would make no difference. They are going to win by 3+ TDs

So who are the realistic choices to replace him. Anyone who has had success as a DC already is looking to be a head coach (eg Wisconsin DC). What options would be compatible with Manny’s defensive scheme already in place?
IMO we need a completely different scheme. We need to go back to the 4/3.

Canes football “as we knew it” has been gone since Terry Porter threw the flag. We are something like 99/75 since our last game in the OB. We’ve won, what, one division title in the ACC which we forfeit. We are 4/11 in bowl games since the OSU NC debacle. This program has lost it’s soul, man.

We are doomed regardless. Idk how much do we have to regurgitate That manny will never be a good HC. He doesn’t bring anything to a team. He’s not good at Defense nor Offense, not a special teams coach, doesn’t develop talent. I want someone to tell me what’s Manny Diaz good for? Get him out of here.
Manny was good for the time he became the coach. Ritch had the program dead and just about buried! We can remember how low it was with just about zero talented recruits and most jumping ship.

Manny was the plug to stop the bleeding IMO and not the final answer as HC! Manny has taken us through the process to replenish the talent and find some quick fixes in the portal as he was considered the Portal King.
as DC you may see the end of what we knew as UM football.

He is already completely out of his league when he plays the likes of N. Carolina and FIU, and LAtech.......

We need a set of fresh coaches that want to go into the Bama game with a sound game plan.
We DEAD!

Advertisement
Blake has ****ed the program. This lazy pos went for the low hanging fruit and we are now mired in mediocrity with no end in sight.

Manny could go in with Buddy Ryan and it wouldn't matter. Manny doesn't instil fear or discipline in his players.
And then to make matters worse, he ruins the little loyalty and inspiration he instills in his players by allowing favoritism and politics to run rampant.

The combination of all of this plus losing to teams we shouldn't lose to are reasons why kids check out and quit caring.

We could have Venables as our DC. Our DB depth is less than 0. Our DL heads for the NFL as soon as they sack someone.

Advertisement
And then to make matters worse, he ruins the little loyalty and inspiration he instills in his players by allowing favoritism and politics to run rampant.

The combination of all of this plus losing to teams we shouldn't lose to are reasons why kids check out and quit caring.
Football is no place for politics, and Manny is a politician.

OP you mentioned a sound gameplan... at this point just a gameplan at all would be a huge step in the right direction

Advertisement
That’s all coaching and recruiting. No one wants to play for this defense.
Right, but our odds of winning with the team we have are nil regardless of who our DC is today. By all means, fire the defensive staff but we won't be ready.

We clearly did not have the right staff after UNC converted 4th and 17 last season. We clearly didn't have the right people recruiting after Surtain left S. Fl.

It does. Should be Blake James
as DC you may see the end of what we knew as UM football.

He is already completely out of his league when he plays the likes of N. Carolina and FIU, and LAtech.......

We need a set of fresh coaches that want to go into the Bama game with a sound game plan.
we need to drop Bama from the schedule and open with Wagner.

Advertisement
Back