if Kayya and Njoku stay for 2017 season

This is the weakest QB class I've ever seen. Kaaya would have to get injured for him not be among the top 5 QBs in next year's draft.

Advertisement
Only losses would be Coley and Isidora.

QB Kaaya
HB Walton/Yearby/Homer/Gus
FB Quez Williams
WR Richards
WR Harris
WR Berrios
TE Njoku
LT Darling
LG McDermott
C Linder
RG Gauthier
RT Odogwu

On defense, the front 7 will be loaded, too. Secondary will be a question mark.

DE Thomas/D. Jackson
DT Norton/Willis
DT McIntosh/Moten
DE J. Jackson/ Johnson
SLB McCloud
MLB Shaq
WLB Pinckney
CB Redwine
CB Mayes
CB Young
FS Johnson
SS Finley

Take out Gauthier at RG...move Odogwu to Guard and plug in Transfer George Brown Jr. at Right or Left Tackle

I don't particularly like Sunny at guard. His center of gravity seems a bit high for that position.

Any particular reason you like him there broham?

No reason, i just don't see any capable guys to plug in..get your best 5 guys on the field

If the draft advisory board tells Brad he's a lock for the first round, he's gone. You don't turn your back on being a top 5 pick. (as quarterbacks are usually drafted earlier than their talent level might suggest)

That said, Kaaya wouldn't be the first QB who was a "lock first round pick" in the preseason only to see his draft status drop. Even after a productive season. Matt Barkley was a "lock" for the #1 pick according to some draft experts in the preseason. After a very good season, he all of the sudden became the fifth or sixth best QB available. The NFL is very fickle on who they project as the "hot" incoming QB. At this time last year, would any of you thought that Goff or that kid from FCS would have been the first two picks?

Goff has been highly rated in terms of his NFL potential since his freshman year. Wentz not at all. I agree with your overall point though. honestly it all depends on what "experts" you listen too. jeavan sneed, barkley, clausen, geno, bryce pett, hundley, tajh boyd, connor cook, hackenberg, cardale jones all have been rated by McShay as first rounders. thats off the top of my head so I'm sure it much more.

Advertisement
I think we have the LSU transfer coming in however even with one more year of experience - not sure this OL gets much better
- Need a stud WR and a difference maker at RB

D will be amazing ----- O not so sure

It depends what type of season we have and how much they both enjoy college life.

If we make massive strides and look to be in National Championship contention next year.... who knows. That's a big draw.

Kaaya also could learn a lot from Richt, so I have a sneaky suspicion he stays. Njoku, not so much - a good season and he's due a big pay day.

I didn't know this but apparently schools now take out massive insurance policies as an incentive to keep players from leaving in draft. Allowed by ncaa. Basically amount is determined by estimated draft position, then player gets that amount if he gets hurt during college football season. So injuries next year shouldn't be a huge concern for Kaaya. Right now I think he is at mid to end of first round (not having a stellar season so far). Richt is a QB whisperer. If Kaaya comes back and lights it up next year, and gets Miami to playoffs, he could easily be the top overall draft pick, which is worth many millions more than end of first round. I'm guessing he knows this.

It depends what type of season we have and how much they both enjoy college life.

If we make massive strides and look to be in National Championship contention next year.... who knows. That's a big draw.

Kaaya also could learn a lot from Richt, so I have a sneaky suspicion he stays. Njoku, not so much - a good season and he's due a big pay day.

I didn't know this but apparently schools now take out massive insurance policies as an incentive to keep players from leaving in draft. Allowed by ncaa. Basically amount is determined by estimated draft position, then player gets that amount if he gets hurt during college football season. So injuries next year shouldn't be a huge concern for Kaaya. Right now I think he is at mid to end of first round (not having a stellar season so far). Richt is a QB whisperer. If Kaaya comes back and lights it up next year, and gets Miami to playoffs, he could easily be the top overall draft pick, which is worth many millions more than end of first round. I'm guessing he knows this.

Naw

Advertisement
This threads funny, now half the board says he can't leave here fast enough when two months ago he was elite

Advertisement
Kaaya isn't elite for all the reasons that scout mentioned and I've mentioned them all before last weekend. I want Kaaya to stay and start his senior season here because I believe he can improve on those weaknesses. He needs to be told that here are his weaknesses to his face, and that they are hurting the team, especially in big games. Kaaya's mindstate must change, he reminds me of Kosar who also did not believe he could run or had to ever run, thus he and Kaaya are bad at it. Its just like how many say some run-first/dual threat QBs supposedly think when they stop looking down field and evade the pocket too soon, when feeling pressure. Well, Kaaya is the other extreme, he waits too long and reluctantly moves his feet to allow more time for receivers.

I'm finding it difficult to believe that a 20 year old kid can't run or move his feet. He must be trained on the importance of doing so, so lets not wait for another embarrassing NFL coaching report that Kaaya never received pocket awareness, footwork or speed training/coaching while at UM. He can do it and improve at this, but it must be made a dire priority. I don't believe kids are "just the way they are" and stuck in certain ways/labels for the rest of their lives.

OL help is coming, RB is fine, but we need 2 playmaking WRs to replace Coley, who is a huge loss talent-wise.

I have a funny inclination that Chris Herndon's talents are being wasted here at UM (in college). Something is telling me that he is a future All-Pro tight end/RB/WR in the NFL. People are ask where was he in the game plans at UM. WE MUST get him the ball. Richt needs to target Herndon.

Kaaya isn't elite for all the reasons that scout mentioned and I've mentioned them all before last weekend. I want Kaaya to stay and start his senior season here because I believe he can improve on those weaknesses. He needs to be told that here are his weaknesses to his face, and that they are hurting the team, especially in big games. Kaaya's mindstate must change, he reminds me of Kosar who also did not believe he could run or had to ever run, thus he and Kaaya are bad at it. Its just like how many say some run-first/dual threat QBs supposedly think when they stop looking down field and evade the pocket too soon, when feeling pressure. Well, Kaaya is the other extreme, he waits too long and reluctantly moves his feet to allow more time for receivers.

I'm finding it difficult to believe that a 20 year old kid can't run or move his feet. He must be trained on the importance of doing so, so lets not wait for another embarrassing NFL coaching report that Kaaya never received pocket awareness, footwork or speed training/coaching while at UM. He can do it and improve at this, but it must be made a dire priority. I don't believe kids are "just the way they are" and stuck in certain ways/labels for the rest of their lives.

OL help is coming, RB is fine, but we need 2 playmaking WRs to replace Coley, who is a huge loss talent-wise.

I have a funny inclination that Chris Herndon's talents are being wasted here at UM (in college). Something is telling me that he is a future All-Pro tight end/RB/WR in the NFL. People are ask where was he in the game plans at UM. WE MUST get him the ball. Richt needs to target Herndon.

Advertisement
Njouku isn't going anywhere . Kaaya stays we are preaseason top 3 . If he leaves we will still be top 15ish but I hope he sees after a 12-2 season which I suspect we will have that he could improve and become the #1 pick and go to the playoffs.

Njouku isn't going anywhere . Kaaya stays we are preaseason top 3 . If he leaves we will still be top 15ish but I hope he sees after a 12-2 season which I suspect we will have that he could improve and become the #1 pick and go to the playoffs.

What makes you say that?

Advertisement
Back