if Golden leaves, first call

I'm sure they wouldn't hire Butch.

That's the same dumbass thinking we've had since Butch left.

Oh, that's right. Our LAST national championship was Butch's crew.

When the Florida job came open, Spurrier called, and Florida had the same crappy attitude. Had the balls to ask for his credentials. He replied that his credentials were in their trophy case. So they got Meyer. Spurrier, had he been hired, would still be there.

Folks were ****ed at Butch for leaving for the NFL, but Butch knew Miami, knew how to recruit, knew how to build a team, and anyone who would disregard him for taking a shot at the NFL - is beyond dense.

But then again, that's typical of the Miami administration.

Advertisement
Also lets not forget Butch has an amazing eye for talent, but his gameday coaching is horrible, randyesque....

Advertisement
Yeah. Miami would hire Butch, a guy who just got fired from UNC when we are facing an NCAA investigation. That makes a lot of sense.

Spurrier, had he been hired, would not have won 2 NC's in 3 years like Meyer. It's funny how you give Spurrier some credit over Meyer, because Meyer isn't at UF anymore but completely excuse Butch leaving Miami.

I believe he is staying and probably just trying to get some extra money which I think he will get.

Advertisement
I hate having to talk about this, but there is a thread on TOS about a BOT meeting with Golden saying what he would do if offered the PSU job. Worst case he's gone and we wouldn't be badly impacted. One year as a coach is better than having someone 2-3 years and then jetting.

That was also on the free board.

i would go w/ Cristobal. he's doing at FIU what Golden did at temple. he knows UM, and all of the recruiting ties are already established. but i hope golden stays.

When the Florida job came open, Spurrier called, and Florida had the same crappy attitude. Had the balls to ask for his credentials. He replied that his credentials were in their trophy case. So they got Meyer. Spurrier, had he been hired, would still be there.

Folks were ****ed at Butch for leaving for the NFL, but Butch knew Miami, knew how to recruit, knew how to build a team, and anyone who would disregard him for taking a shot at the NFL - is beyond dense.

Butch got UNC under NCAA investigation, and got fired over his doings. Do you really believe it would be good for a UM program currently under investigation itself to hire him?

Advertisement

Butch got UNC under NCAA investigation, and got fired over his doings. Do you really believe it would be good for a UM program currently under investigation itself to hire him?

Yeah, I can't believe folks even mention his name as a candidate to coach UM in the future.
An incredible level of ignorance with respect to how college football operates.

Any chance Seattle is firing Pete Carroll this season? Hey, one can dream.

/won't matter because Golden isn't going anywhere.

I know I'm dealing with a lot of young pups here who don't remember things from Schnellenberger on, and it's not your fault that your ignorance glaringly shows.

Butch came in when the program was reeling with all kinds of NCAA violations, and he not only cleaned up the program, but even while hobbled with all kinds of NCAA sanctions, built the program back up to being national contenders.

Butch pulled a Schnellenberger/JJ trick with both hands tied behind his back. So he set us up for a National Championship, and then took a better paying job. So???

And Butch DIDN'T get UNC in trouble.

I have a friend who lives in Raleigh and is a big NC fan, and he (as well as me) couldn't believe they let him go. NC was getting tougher and tougher - especially their defenses.

So, if the opportunity came up, and some dumbass would pass on a proven winner, proven recruiter, proven program builder, proven NC contender - which he already did once AT MIAMI, then it just goes to show - you can't fix stupid.

Advertisement
I know I'm dealing with a lot of young pups here who don't remember things from Schnellenberger on, and it's not your fault that your ignorance glaringly shows.

Butch came in when the program was reeling with all kinds of NCAA violations, and he not only cleaned up the program, but even while hobbled with all kinds of NCAA sanctions, built the program back up to being national contenders.

Butch pulled a Schnellenberger/JJ trick with both hands tied behind his back. So he set us up for a National Championship, and then took a better paying job. So???

I have a friend who lives in Raleigh and is a big NC fan, and he (as well as me) couldn't believe they let him go. NC was getting tougher and tougher - especially their defenses.

So, if the opportunity came up, and some dumbass would pass on a proven winner, proven recruiter, proven program builder, proven NC contender - which he already did once AT MIAMI, then it just goes to show - you can't fix stupid.
Sounds good, lets rehire the coach who lied to us and left us high and dry. Brilliant!

Any chance Seattle is firing Pete Carroll this season? Hey, one can dream.

/won't matter because Golden isn't going anywhere.

Pete Carroll will definitely be back in cfb sooner rather than later (I'm thinking around 2013).

He'll end up at ND or maybe even UCLA. Somewhere with a big name and with deep pockets.

Wait for it.

You are legitimately dumb as ****.

It doesn't matter if Butch "really" got UNC into trouble or not. The bottom line is that he was fired because of alleged improprieties by UNC football players. Whether it was his fault or not does not matter. The idea that UM would hire Butch Davis, when he was dismissed for those reasons, is completely absurd. Nobody really cares what Butch David did ten years ago now. You can keep jerking yourself off to the idea of 1998 Butch Davis, but he isn't coming back, and even entertaining the idea that UM, facing an NCAA investigation, would hire a coach who just got fired because his team was facing an NCAA investigation too, is so ******* stupid I don't know what to say.

I also think it's funny how you think UF should have hired Spurrier instead of Meyer, because Meyer left and Spurrier wouldn't have, and then completely excuse Butch leaving. Just shut up and quit talking down to people. You sound like a lunatic.

Advertisement
Back