If eligibility chart is correct

Could see the following players leave before the end of the semester:

Rosier - looking like 3rd string at best

Gray - should go play at FIU if he can't beat Atkins for 3rd string RB

Langham - 0 catches through 3 seasons, why bother making it 4?

Milo - still a 3rd teamer, should maybe go play at BYU or Cal

Fines - if he gets surpassed by Ford then he gone

McCray - should transfer to FIU

thoughts?

LoL, except one problem, he is most likely going to be named starting quarterback. What's that saying about #2 through #4 ? Every team in the country has "dead weight". Every single one of them. We sign another full class with Miami-caliber players. Some kids who left like Sonny or Nick couldn't stay healthy or were going to be pushed down the depth chart. Gauthier clearly won the job and we roll with Corey Gaynor. That kid is a future first-team All-ACC center. Bottomline, we'll roll with 8 on the offensive line this year. Need to stay relatively healthy. Need Homer to play to his potential at running back. Hate to lose Willis. When his head was right he was explosive and a great change of pace at tackle. Never a fan of Jenkins for every play he made on defense it was overset by an offsides or personal foul. I think Moten has a sense of urgency this year. Love the move of Bethel to tackle. Reminds me of Matt Walters in 3-technique. Also, think our 2017 class is extremely undervalued. Kids like Carter, Jennings and Smith for instance look like upperclassmen and we improve on special teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes. FSU had to get rid of Keith Bryant, Jeremy Kerr (former U verbal commit), Marcus Lewis (same as Kerr), Shmar Kilby-Lane all "left" this summer so FSU could get down to 85.

Last edited:
To give a little perspective on breakdown by position (not whether they should be here or not) here is the chart my coaches used back when I was doing my best APFenny. Number in (-) is what I think we have right now

Offense RB - 5 (4)
QB - 4 (4)
TE - 5 (3)
WR - 12 (10)
OL - 15 (15)

Defense DT - 8 (8)
DE - 8 (7)
ILB - 5 (3)
OLB - 6 (6)
CB - 8 (6)
S - 6 (6)

Special Team - 3 (2)

Doesn't take into account where the coaches see someone contributing. Fill in seniors and early draft eligible players and that will show you future areas of focus. Take it for what it's worth. This coaching staff may have a completely different breakdown but they do have a board.

Last edited:
Listing any of these kids as "dead weight" is unfair. Who knows how they are contributing on the practice field or otherwise. You don't I know that. Listing Rosier as "dead weight" is just retarted. He is competing for the STARTING QB position my man. Just cause he or any of the other kids you listed aren't going to win the Heisman doesn't mean we call them out like this. sorry, but kind of ****es me off when I read that type of stuff.

Advertisement
Listing any of these kids as "dead weight" is unfair. Who knows how they are contributing on the practice field or otherwise. You don't I know that. Listing Rosier as "dead weight" is just retarted. He is competing for the STARTING QB position my man. Just cause he or any of the other kids you listed aren't going to win the Heisman doesn't mean we call them out like this. sorry, but kind of ****es me off when I read that type of stuff.

Learn how to use the "Reply with quote" feature. It's one of the many fine features on this amazing site. Just some friendly advice.

This is a bigger deal than most want to acknowledge.

Randomly take 8 players off the FSU roster and tell me they are the same team.

List them in alphabetical order or numerical order and take every tenth player off the team and you suddenly have 3-4-5 guys seeing game action that wouldnt otherwise.

Put 8 players on our team randomly and we are a better team. It makes a difference and hopefully this is the last year we see this happen for a long while.

Advertisement
Back