If eligibility chart is correct

imurcane

Banned
Banned
we are heading into the season with 75 scholly players. So much for being off probation.

Advertisement
It's going to take three recruiting cycles for Richt to get this thing back in track. 2018 will be a huge class

How do other ACC teams fare with scholarships compared to us? Do we have the least in the ACC or are most teams playing under the limit due to unexpected attrition?

Advertisement
There's a difference between a shortage of offers and a shortage of players due to competition and backup players transferring

I'm happy people are leaving. It means the ones are working enough aren't playing like before

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If we need to utilize players 60-85, or 74, in a significant way, I am very concerned.

Well, a pro roster is 53 players and they pretty much use everyone. So you're saying 60 would be concerning at the collegiate level where we can't just sign people off of a practice squad or free agency? Interesting.

If we need to utilize players 60-85, or 74, in a significant way, I am very concerned.

Well, a pro roster is 53 players and they pretty much use everyone. So you're saying 60 would be concerning at the collegiate level where we can't just sign people off of a practice squad or free agency? Interesting.

You're over-analyzing. My point is the outcome for the season doesn't change materially if you've reached that far down your roster.

Advertisement
malik mayweather was just given a scholarship.

Good for him. Love it when walk-ons get a scholarship.

He made the block that sprung Walton's TD run against Pitt.

Also, it was reported here that Jordan Butler is on scholarship. Can anyone confirm?

malik mayweather was just given a scholarship.

Good for him. Love it when walk-ons get a scholarship.

He made the block that sprung Walton's TD run against Pitt.

Also, it was reported here that Jordan Butler is on scholarship. Can anyone confirm?

ive only seen it written about it an article referencing an incoming walk-on long snapper for 2018. ive asked around, but no one can seem to confirm.

The problem isnt 75 players the problem is a good percentage of the upperclassmen are JAGS forcing us to de directly dependent on 1st and 2nd year players in the two deep. Not idea at all. I mean seriously how much dead weight do we have on the offensive line?

Advertisement
The problem isnt 75 players the problem is a good percentage of the upperclassmen are JAGS forcing us to de directly dependent on 1st and 2nd year players in the two deep. Not idea at all. I mean seriously how much dead weight do we have on the offensive line?

A lot of the dead weight has been shed in recent months.

In my opinion, the last of the dead weight includes:

Rosier
Gray
Langham
Milo
Mahoney
Jones
Fines
McCray

we are heading into the season with 75 scholly players. So much for being off probation.

And? There are so many posters on here who keep telling us that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who leaves the team is somehow addition by subtraction.

Regardless of injuries. And the need to have enough players for practice. And the possibility that some of these guys may have been underperforming due to injuries.

Nope, certain people on this board have convinced me that we can cut another 15 guys who are dead weight, and I think they might have a point...

And? There are so many posters on here who keep telling us that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER who leaves the team is somehow addition by subtraction.

Regardless of injuries. And the need to have enough players for practice. And the possibility that some of these guys may have been underperforming due to injuries.

Nope, certain people on this board have convinced me that we can cut another 15 guys who are dead weight, and I think they might have a point...

It's pretty maddening when several of the departures would've been 2nd teamers.

Yearby, Haskins, Odogwu, Linder, Jenkins, Willis in particular.

every single senior be starting this year, except for Moten who will still be extremely important.

the junior class has a few JAGs like jahair jones, dayall harris, langham, mike smith, and mcCray.

i think those classes are basically purged at this point. to your point, those classes WERE filled with far too many jags

Advertisement
Back