If Butch gets job does he bring back Soldinger as RB coach

Advertisement
Last time Butch was here he gathered staff that ended up growing 3 NFL HCs, and that was with horrible sanctions. I think we might consider just leaving it to him. Three NFL HC is very good tree. JJ had Butch and Wannstedt ( maybe more I can't remember) I think Shula only had 3 and that is NFL to NFL. In any event, give me Butch and I'll take my chances. I am thinking he will bring a mix of old and new, Canes and outsiders. What he will not do is bring in losers that he refuses to fire.

Butch is obviously a very appealing candidate, but what exactly would you call John Shoop?

Ice, Kehoe, Beard, Hurlie, Kareem and Scott need to be retained.

Why do they "need" to be retain?

I mean unless you subscribe to the theory that rearranging the deck chairs in the Tatanic would have prevented it from sinking.

One or two guys is always good idea. Someone that knows the players, or in Ice's case, he's a great recruiter who is well respected in all the neighborhood schools.

Advertisement
Why don't we hire some guys that can actually develop players. Butch can recruit and won't have to hire a staff full of south florida high school coaches to recruit. You guys missed the 2nd reason we were successful. We just didn't recruit fast undersized high school ballers, we developed them.

Why don't we hire some guys that can actually develop players. Butch can recruit and won't have to hire a staff full of south florida high school coaches to recruit. You guys missed the 2nd reason we were successful. We just didn't recruit fast undersized high school ballers, we developed them.

This. Butch " needs " actual guys that can coach . Not recruiters.

He evaluates and recruits, gameday is the issue.

Not going to disagree on Butch's game day coaching, with us.

I didn't follow him much at UNC. Anyone know if he improved it there? He certainly beat us.

Not going to disagree on Butch's game day coaching, with us.

I didn't follow him much at UNC. Anyone know if he improved it there? He certainly beat us.

It was the same ole same ole at Unc. He just didn't have the greatest roster ever and arguably the greatest college staff ever. So his gameday coaching was exposed more.

I remember watching Unc lose games and you could see it coming from a mile away. To teams they had no buisness losing to. Majority of the time it was just his conservative ways, just like in Cleveland. Sometimes he just couldn't get out of his own way.

Which can be common for defensive minded coaches . Bruce Arians still rips him to this day for the playoff collapse against Pitt. That Browns team completely out played the Steelers , looked like the superior team. But Butch pulled the dogs off and completely coached scared . Went prevent and the rest is history.

That's just his M.O.

I think his positives out way his negatives, and I'd be ok with him coming back. He can just be very frustrating at times.

He's still the greatest evaluator I've ever seen , and it's not close. His teams will always have plenty of talent . You just got to be prepared for the head scratching moment , because it's coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back