If Butch gets job does he bring back Soldinger as RB coach

Advertisement
Ice, Kehoe, Beard, Hurlie, Kareem and Scott need to be retained.

Ice and Beard the rest can kick rocks. larry have any nuts he should of sent Coach No D packing after the duke game.

Not a believer in Larry Scott?...

Not at all he has be under Golden to long and became soft. I would of snapped on coach NO D if I was him running that bs scheme on Dukes game winning drive, I might of went over there and knocked him on his *** and relieved him during the drive

Advertisement
I could see Vernon Hargraves back on the staff.

Actually so could I. Of all the "reunion" guys, at least he still has a gig and is actively doing his job. Replaced Shannon as LB coach at Arky...

Advertisement
He's already hinted at bringing in Dorsey. He's not trying to recreate the past with the coaching staff. He's looking at young, up and coming guys to put on his staff. That's good because with his age, I don't expect him to coach too long. I give him 5 years at most. He can groom his successor.

Advertisement
You know there is point in a man's life where he doesn't want to go to work any more.
Even if it's a job he loves.
It's not the coaching but the travel grind, the recruting grind, the hours grind, etc, etc.
Maybe he is at that point.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Butch said he already has an idea of the assistants he'd want with them, and that they were decently young guys. Thats why Ken Dorsey is very likely to be the OC if he gets hired.
I honestly don't see anyone too old coming on board if Butch gets hired. He also will be grooming a young coach to eventually replace him also. I do think it would be interesting if Cristobal would come here in a lateral move. Because while he should not have a chance at being our next HC, im sure everyone here would love to have Cristobal as our OL coach.
And since Ed Reed has been saying he'd be very intrigued by coaching, and has been talking a lot with Dorsey, I could easily see Ed Reed becoming the DB coach, or at the very least the DB grad assistant (not sure if you need to take classes or whatever, like Ice had to do).

But I do believe all the coaches Butch would bring in would be young to decently young guys. However, thats not to say any other former Canes couldn't be heavily involved in the program.

Advertisement
Back