If Butch Davis get's rehired

You know, I'm no butch slurper and I don't even think he'd stay here past a few years, but who cares? He'd come in here and I would guarantee he would line up 2-3 monster recruiting classes in a row and get this program going in the right direction again - fix the mentality/culture. that's all we need.

I've come around to think this too. We have to stop the bleeding and do some winning before our irrelevance is entrenched. BD could do that. Then the new President and AD just have to *not* **** up the next hire.

Advertisement
Butch would be so underwhelming. I just see him burning out ala jimmy with the dolphins. Another thing about butch was his ability to discover gems awhile ago. However, in the age of espn, 247, rivals etc.. can he find those sleeper gems and get them to commit. Once those gems
Become discovered, here comes bama, lsu, auburn etc..

Dang Butch's heels gave up 326 yards rushing in 2008, 317 rushing yards to GT in 2009, and 372 rushing yards in 2010.

That's scary. Can some of the "Butch is Risen" dudes who see him as a redneck King Moshiach explain those putrid stats away for me to ease my discomfort? And please don't say "he didn't have any talent at UNC" because the NFL drafting of his UNC players disproves that.

We announce Butch as coach at 10 am. I have season tickets at 1001 am with a HC donation because I'd start going to road games again. I get some spiffy new shirts because I havent bought any in quite a while and I make plans to attend the spring game and Canesfest in the summer, both things I havent done in a while as well.

I'm just one person. Multiply it by 1000's.

Dang Butch's heels gave up 326 yards rushing in 2008, 317 rushing yards to GT in 2009, and 372 rushing yards in 2010.

That's scary. Can some of the "Butch is Risen" dudes who see him as a redneck King Moshiach explain those putrid stats away for me to ease my discomfort? And please don't say "he didn't have any talent at UNC" because the NFL drafting of his UNC players disproves that.

Who knows without watching the game but they won 28-7 in 2008. So maybe lots of garbage time rush numbers or Ga Tech just turned it over. 2010 was the year the NCAA bent them over. Seems maybe he just had some trouble defending the option.

I will say Butchs defense never gave up 500 yards. He also built a top 10 defense in 2009 and they would have been even better in 2010. The man can put together a defense.

Advertisement

Yeah, UNC was 3-9 the year before he got there in 2006, started building a team that had one winning season the previous six years. In 2008 they were ranked for the first time and defeated Notre Dame, and won their bowl game. Went 8-5 in 2009, and in 2010, Butch's last year, that's when he had 13 players suspended, many of his starters, and still went 8-5. And put nine in the NFL that year. And his teams after he left gave UM fits until they graduated.

Please. Don't you dare look for a pattern here. We don't want you straining anything.

Butch would be so underwhelming. I just see him burning out ala jimmy with the dolphins. Another thing about butch was his ability to discover gems awhile ago. However, in the age of espn, 247, rivals etc.. can he find those sleeper gems and get them to commit. Once those gems
Become discovered, here comes bama, lsu, auburn etc..

We used to beat the top ranked Notre Dames, the Nebraska's, the Oklahoma's, and yes, the Alabama's.

Maybe we can follow your suggestion, bet on another unproven, and close the program down. I'm so tired of this mediocre losing siht, I'd probably just laugh.

i think the admin wants to make the "safe" hire. Not only is Butch safe, but it's someone that almost any Cane fan would love to bring back.

With all that went on at UNC (and us currently being on probation), I'm not sure the admin would consider him "safe".

Worth the risk IMO. We're basically in the middle of serving a 10 year "Death Sentence" regardless.

Advertisement
I'm watching the 2001 Sugar Bowl led by the one and only Butch Davis... I have a tear in my eye.

If somehow, the administration comes to their senses and brings this guy back. I mean, I am not sure if many people here will realize just what that would to to Miami football. It would re-galvanize the whole program. Recruiting, coaching, strength and conditioning, ticket sales, paraphernalia sales. I have a feeling things would explode.

Now, I would not expect Butch to bring us a NC over night. But to see aggressiveness on defense. Well coached special teams. Commitment to the running game.

His team in NC was ready to explode the year the scandal hit. And NC has nothing compared to Miami. Nothing.

Remember when Butch would go out and steal the #1 or #2 best recruit in the country? Dude knew how to close like an ISIS terrorist beheading a Christian.

I get giddy just thinking about him coaching our team.
Exactly! For all the reasons that matter and more! Dude that stadium would be packed. Team would be winning and exciting again! TV would love being in Miami for prime time games and Jersey sales would sky rocket across the country. This administration could go from ******** to Brainiacs in 0-100 real quick!

Advertisement
Butch's defense with our talent would make Winston bend over when we played FSU
Is there one indication that Butch Davis is even interested in a U position?I don't see that happening because Davis,Mario
&Randy In one way or another all burnt the U.

Is there one indication that Butch Davis is even interested in a U position?I don't see that happening because Davis,Mario

You would need to be blind and deaf not to have gotten the message from Butch's camp that he would take the job in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Where were all you people (when Butch was at UM) after the ECarolina game after probation had neutered the Canes?? LOL LOL LOL LOL It was all his fault, he was a horrible game day coach, was a liar, yada yada yada......LMAO

Butch would come back to UM in a heartbeat.

The only issue is whether Miami would extend an offer.

Advertisement
Back