If Butch Davis get's rehired

Insanecane

Junior
Banned
If somehow, the administration comes to their senses and brings this guy back. I mean, I am not sure if many people here will realize just what that would to to Miami football. It would re-galvanize the whole program. Recruiting, coaching, strength and conditioning, ticket sales, paraphernalia sales. I have a feeling things would explode.

Now, I would not expect Butch to bring us a NC over night. But to see aggressiveness on defense. Well coached special teams. Commitment to the running game.

His team in NC was ready to explode the year the scandal hit. And NC has nothing compared to Miami. Nothing.

Remember when Butch would go out and steal the #1 or #2 best recruit in the country? Dude knew how to close like an ISIS terrorist beheading a Christian.

I get giddy just thinking about him coaching our team.

Advertisement
With this roster next year, Butch wins the Coastal with his ******* eyes closed.

Not to mention he'd have even MORE momentum seeing as every sports fan would have just watched a documentary on ESPN showcasing his ability to churn out NFL draft picks like it's a hobby.

Unlike a lot of people, i actually think there's a very good chance we get Butch. It's a hire that won't raise many questions or insecurities and we won't have to break the bank. After hiring three straight retards for coaches, i think the admin wants to make the "safe" hire. Not only is Butch safe, but it's someone that almost any Cane fan would love to bring back. Like you said, this hire would galvanize everyone around the program. Butch Davis almost makes too much sense. It's obvious he's the guy.

If Butch had gotten here in January, we'd be unbeaten - zero doubt.

His offenses constantly attack.

His defenses are in-your-grill attack, attack, attack.

Once in a while one would get loose, but we made the opposing quarterbacks fear the snap.

And recruits? He'd have some nationally top talent stacked, burning to play for him, play for UM, and play for the NFL.

If we get Butch here again we should have a party like the Heat did back in 2010 LOL! Not one, not two, not three, etc. I'm just kidding, but the fan base would be elated and fired up and the rest of the naation would be like: "oh ****...."

Advertisement

Once in a while one would get loose, but we made the opposing quarterbacks fear the snap.

And recruits? He'd have some nationally top talent stacked, burning to play for him, play for UM, and play for the NFL.

Agree completely. We have only played one team with a pulse - Nebraska. And Butch would have stacked the box to shudown their one dimensional offense.

I don't think we lose 3 five stars to FSU from our backyard either.

Advertisement
hire him RIGHT NOW and recruiting for 2015 takes a nice bump up.

if we wait till the end of the year to fire *** and then sit on our thumbs looking for the next HC, the 2015 class (which is already really average) will fall apart, and the next staff will be in a tough spot in a year or two

The ISIS comment is a bit much, but otherwise spot on

And the "paraphernalia" comment. You mean merchandise or drug related "paraphernalia?"

Yes.

par·a·pher·na·lia
ˌperəfərˈnālyə/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• miscellaneous articles, especially the equipment needed for a particular activity.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"drills, saws, and other paraphernalia necessary for home improvements"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:equipment, stuff, things, apparatus, kit, implements, tools, utensils,material(s), appliances, accoutrements, appurtenances, odds and ends,bits and pieces; informalgear
    "they have a ton of camping paraphernalia"
    • trappings associated with a particular institution or activity that are regarded as superfluous.

Advertisement
The ISIS comment is a bit much, but otherwise spot on

And the "paraphernalia" comment. You mean merchandise or drug related "paraphernalia?"

Time to broaden your mind:

par·a·pher·na·lia
ˌperəfərˈnālyə/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• miscellaneous articles, especially the equipment needed for a particular activity.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"drills, saws, and other paraphernalia necessary for home improvements"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:equipment, stuff, things, apparatus, kit, implements, tools, utensils,material(s), appliances, accoutrements, appurtenances, odds and ends,bits and pieces; informalgear
    "they have a ton of camping paraphernalia"

• trappings associated with a particular institution or activity that are regarded as superfluous.

I get that the denotative meaning is more broad, but generally "paraphernalia" is not used in that connotation . Anyways, you win if you want to!

Season ticket sales would increase over night. I for one will not renew if Doritos is here in 2015.

Advertisement
Dang Butch's heels gave up 326 yards rushing in 2008, 317 rushing yards to GT in 2009, and 372 rushing yards in 2010.

The worst thing for a fan is to have zero hope of a successful season, this staff has sucked all hope out of this fan base and worst of all it has made most of us apathetic. A Butch hire, or one similar, would immediately breath new life into this program and fans and make the college football world stand up an take notice of the Canes again

You know, I'm no butch slurper and I don't even think he'd stay here past a few years, but who cares? He'd come in here and I would guarantee he would line up 2-3 monster recruiting classes in a row and get this program going in the right direction again - fix the mentality/culture. that's all we need.

Advertisement
Back