if anyone is feeling down about the Alex Collins fiasco

Alex Collins last 6 games in high school

Averaged 50yds per game and had only 2-3 TD's total.

I think he may have been affraid of getting stuck by Jermaine Grace in Fall Camp.

Advertisement
We should really stop talking about Alex Collins....

But since this thread is here I'll put my input.

Duke and Budda would of been awesome next year.

Duke and GusBus can be good next year.

In 2 years hagens leaves and Gus is FB... and then its potentially Duke and Cook/Sony time with Gus getting the ball in short yard situations... Which is in my opinion better than Duke and Budda.

I can't wait to see his highlights from next season. The difference will be we will see big plays against FSU and UiF in there.

I'm one of the biggest Alex Collins fans around but the embarrassment of his recruitment has me giving less than zero of a **** about him.

ESF said Duke is the most important recruit in a decade. I would argue he is the most important recruit I have personally ever seen.
I agree JHall, but Sony is the only kid we've been waiting for since 8th grade.

Advertisement
I'm one of the biggest Alex Collins fans around but the embarrassment of his recruitment has me giving less than zero of a **** about him.

ESF said Duke is the most important recruit in a decade. I would argue he is the most important recruit I have personally ever seen.
I agree JHall, but Sony is the only kid we've been waiting for since 8th grade.

Agreed man. I already mentioned today that Sony is by far my #1 must-get this year and it's mostly to do with what you said.

However when you factor in Duke's talent along with his relentless work ethic and love of the university, it's hard to think of anyone that's had the impact Duke has had as a freshman.

How could you not want to play with this kid if your from Miami.smdh at the ones that not only left but chose a #1 enemy.What a ginormous dbag,no names mentioned.

I can't wait to see Duke's progression this season. Not like he needed to develop, but with a little time and possibly some more weight/muscle he's going to be something truly special. I said it after just a few games last season that he will win a heisman while here. Once in a very long while type of player.

If they are not Canes who cares what they do? Only care about the ones that are Canes. 2013 is done and moving on to 2014 and this years football season.

Advertisement
I can't wait to see Duke's progression this season. Not like he needed to develop, but with a little time and possibly some more weight/muscle he's going to be something truly special. I said it after just a few games last season that he will win a heisman while here. Once in a very long while type of player.

No doubt a little bit more muscle and he will be more special.

We should really stop talking about Alex Collins....

But since this thread is here I'll put my input.

Duke and Budda would of been awesome next year.

Duke and GusBus can be good next year.

In 2 years hagens leaves and Gus is FB... and then its potentially Duke and Cook/Sony time with Gus getting the ball in short yard situations... Which is in my opinion better than Duke and Budda.

Budda or Alex or GOAT is not E-L-I-T-E. and he never was.

You all looked at the same highlight film and thought this guy was the best thing smokin. The fact is he is still far from a polished running back. Does he have potential?? sure, but to automatically say that he would've been great or awesome here is just drinking the kool-aid. His stats dont match-up to his hype... stats arent everything EXCEPT when it comes to being mentioned w/ the best of the best.

That's why i really believe Gus Edwards can have the same level of production that Collins would have and honestly i think he is good enough to be better then Collins. He is already a more powerful back w/ the same kind of speed.

for the record this is what i have always felt about Collins.... I shouldve been here to save the recruiting board from jumpin all in on the Collins is GOAT bandwagon that was circling around here the entire recruiting season.

smh :crownpour:

I say this ad naseum, but I can't stress it enough, you gotta have players that want to be there. Especially at Miami, where some of the extra-curriculars and other miscellaneous stuff may not be up to par with some of the other programs

Gimme guys who want to be Canes. And then get the right ones and the U will have a fighting chance

Collins wasn't one of them. Simple as that

Advertisement
I said it last year, amd i'll say it again -- duke was the best incoming recruit in a decade, and the most important recruit in a decade. Amd while im looking forward to seeing sony at um, it wont change my comments on duke. What we saw last year is truly rare.

Duke has already become one of my favorite Canes ever and he's only been here a year. Can't wait for next year.

I said it last year, amd i'll say it again -- duke was the best incoming recruit in a decade, and the most important recruit in a decade. Amd while im looking forward to seeing sony at um, it wont change my comments on duke. What we saw last year is truly rare.

we probably lose at least 2 more games without Duke last year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back