If Al won't fire his best friend, I'm done...

This thread Is ****ing retarded. How can he be a good CEO if his results have always, and continue, to suck???? He's incompetent! A good CEO recognizes that his subordinates are destroying a company and he fixes the issue before it crushes the company. Guess what? Golden has allowed this to go on for 4 yrs! And it's his scheme! Firing the DC and leaving Golden would be a disaster. Golden coaches like a scared Big Ten cvnt, see eg his decision to decline the penalty for fear of Neb converting a 3rd and 15. He's a loser who had accomplished nothing in college football. If you support him staying, then you're part of the problem too. I'm fed up with this ****.

I agree with most of this, and I realize it is his scheme. And I realize, more than anything, that it starts at the top.

But the talent is clearly there. Scheme aside (which is horrendous), why is it that we still can't tackle? The position coaches have to be partly to blame too.

No D clearly has to go. I am still on the fence as to whether AG can win with a different DC. Maybe (playing devil's advocate) the scheme itself (i.e. the 3-4) isnt the problem, maybe it is the playcalling, the choice of personnel, or some other factor like that which a new DC may be able to successfully implement under AG's 3-4.

Don't get me wrong - the product on the field is horrendous. But he has other positive qualities that I think can breed a winning team. Unfortunately I just don't see him getting rid of Coach D until its too late and clearly looks like a scapegoat situation.

I will say that when he decided to go with the true frosh QB, who looks amazing, I think any reasonable fan should have tempered their expectations. That being said, we got gashed on the ground and, yet again, didn't adjust.

I don't know, I am just sick of losing. And I have no faith that we will get the type of aggressive coach we need to win down here. Hopefully they can turn it around and win the costal, and we can develop some of these young guys and keep the recruits we have signed. This is probably all wishful thinking, but I cant ever bring myself to root for a loss.

Advertisement
Golden and Coach No D are like Co defensive coordinators....that's the reason why he won't fire No D, because if he fire him he might as well get fired also. This is Goldens defense similar to how Criminoles offense is Jimbos.

I've kept quiet here regarding golden staying or going. Was in the middle. Neither a slurper or anti golden. And while I think we can win with Al as the head and with a real defensive coordinator, if he can't fire him, Al needs to go. The offensive talent and play calling last night was enough to win that game. And we have the talent on defense. To watch this defensive have 7 guys 7-25 yards from the LOS when they are running 90% of the time is ridiculous. Sell out and stop the run at some point.

L u l z

You don't get it.

I'm on record as saying Golden deserves this season to prove he is the right man for the job. My opinion is based on the unfortunate circumstances he inherited (i.e.,Shannon's inability to recruit talent, Shapiro-gate, etc.).

I initially liked the Al Golden hire. No revisionist history here. Golden is everything Shannon is not. Golden is smart, organized and well spoken. He seemingly embraced our culture, our past and our identity. He mended bridges that were burned with local high school coaches. He utilized social media to his advantage. He was able to persuade an otherwise anti-football administration to lower the Miami admissions standard for certain select recruits and build new facilities so we could compete on a relatively even playing field.

Unfortunately, he has failed. Most of his shortcomings are self inflicted. His schemes are underwhelming and not suitable for the type of football players we customarily recruit and attract.

It is abundantly clear to me that he is not the answer.

Time to start over again.

In many ways, I don't think Al sucks as a CEO.
LOL. He's assembled the worst coaching staff in the country. He mismanages the talent he has, he's losing control of his players. The only thing he has going for him is that he is well spoken. He doesn't have an eye for coaching talent. He is too passive in every sense of the word and his football philosophy is not conducive to winning (not in the MAC and not at a big time program). What in gods name makes you think he's a good CEO?

The claim that he would be a good CEO is one of the biggest falsities people spout. He has not displayed great CEO qualities. You know who are great CEOs though. Butch Davis, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Urban Meyer, Jimbo Fisher, Peterson at Washington, Charlie Strong, etc. Those guys aren't just great coaches but great program builders, everything Golden is not.

Advertisement
I've kept quiet here regarding golden staying or going. Was in the middle. Neither a slurper or anti golden. And while I think we can win with Al as the head and with a real defensive coordinator, if he can't fire him, Al needs to go. The offensive talent and play calling last night was enough to win that game. And we have the talent on defense. To watch this defensive have 7 guys 7-25 yards from the LOS when they are running 90% of the time is ridiculous. Sell out and stop the run at some point.

I don't know what you're talking about. This is Al's defense. This is would be no different than Coker firing all his assistants. It's Al's D, Al's coordinator...he's done.

This thread Is ****ing retarded. How can he be a good CEO if his results have always, and continue, to suck???? He's incompetent! A good CEO recognizes that his subordinates are destroying a company and he fixes the issue before it crushes the company. Guess what? Golden has allowed this to go on for 4 yrs! And it's his scheme! Firing the DC and leaving Golden would be a disaster. Golden coaches like a scared Big Ten cvnt, see eg his decision to decline the penalty for fear of Neb converting a 3rd and 15. He's a loser who had accomplished nothing in college football. If you support him staying, then you're part of the problem too. I'm fed up with this ****.

Well said. So sick of hearing about how Al is a good CEO. The guy is an awful CEO. His company puts out a **** product, he hires incompetents, and apparently can't realize that they suck.

it was more of just a comment about if Al would let go and hire a strong DC and relinquish control to that DC. i get contradiction that he isn't a good CEO b/c he is unable to adapt and change and he is stubborn. it was tongue in cheek. aside from that (and that's a lot), he's a good CEO. if he wasn't so stubborn, he could win here, imo.

it was more of just a comment about if Al would let go and hire a strong DC and relinquish control to that DC. i get contradiction that he isn't a good CEO b/c he is unable to adapt and change and he is stubborn. it was tongue in cheek. aside from that (and that's a lot), he's a good CEO. if he wasn't so stubborn, he could win here, imo.

Again, how is he a good CEO? He's done nothing here to make anybody think he's a good CEO besides being a slick talking *******.

Advertisement
for me, i was on the fence until this year. he got his pass with sanctions and whatnot, this team is too good to play this way and i think he could win here if he had the ability to change and adapt. he doesn't have that ability, so, he needs to go.

We don't have to hope for a loss. Duke is running the ball well and we suck at defending it. Golden needs to go. He is not a good CEO. A CEO's job is to oversee, manage, organize and make sure everything us running smoothly. This guy has have 1/3 of the players he recruited left the team for various reasons. The product on the field shows no sign of improvement and he sticks to his guns. There is nothing that says good CEO here.

for me, i was on the fence until this year. he got his pass with sanctions and whatnot, this team is too good to play this way and i think he could win here if he had the ability to change and adapt. he doesn't have that ability, so, he needs to go.

Same here. Ive seen improvement in every aspect of our program with the exception of the defensive scheme. Since Golden took over:

* The talent on O is better
* The talent on D is better
* the strength and conditioning is better
* The offense is playing better
* Special teams are better

But the defense continues to suck. Its plainly apparent that its a schematic problem yet golden will not admit it nor address it. Given his comments after last night's game, I can no longer give ANY support to this coach. Ive long felt that he was more of a politician than a coach but still felt like he could make the changes necessary for us to win. I no longer think this. It seems clear that there is zero differentiation between golden and dorito. Hence, time to go. Time to change the whole staff - start fresh NOW.

Advertisement
Lu, and there lies my issue. I don't think he's a bad CEO, if only he'd be less stubborn.

But, he isn't less stubborn, it seems. It's like saying "I think she'd be a 9 if only she'd be willing to lose 80 pounds." All the while, the chick is stuffing her face with cheetos and sitting on the couch. Sometimes, it is what it is. His quotes after last night, if those things are real, are terrifying.

What did he say last night?

I'll ask again.

when your Head Coach is so too stubborn or possibly too stupid to not switch the scheme on his own without pressure from the fans and media after four years of this crap defense, WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT GUY AS YOUR HEAD COACH?

To further illustrate this point, think about Pruitt last year. When he realized that his 3-4 was not going to be successful at FSU, he switched to an aggressive 4-3 and they dominated.

This is me right here, but I'm done simply f'ing ridiculous!!!!!

Advertisement
In many ways, I don't think Al sucks as a CEO.

I didn't either until he has seemingly chosen to stick with the same philosophy this year. I could have seen a scapegoated D-Coordinator and move to a John Lovett-type after 2013. I could have been sold on keep D'Onofrio if we would change our approach this year. We're seeing a very stubborn approach to something that clearly doesn't work. That is simply not a good look for a true CEO. Without a willingness to adjust, we'll always be too late. As such, this is a deeper issue than our D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator, I think.
I really want him to do well, and the homer in me thinks that a change at the DC spot will change things, but deep down I know that Golden is part of the problem.
You know what really annoyed and alarmed me a little while back? After the Louisville game, he was quick to describe the defensive performance as elite. We've sucked *** for 3 years, and the minute we performed well, he started throwing out accolades. Meanwhile, when Fisch was lighting things up and our D was playing like crap, I really don't remember him saying that about our offense. It was always that the offense had to do more and help out the defense. I'm telling you people notice that type stuff. Al has dug his heels in and he probably doesn't even realize what's going on. When he's out of here, there's no doubt in my mind stories will surface about his "favoritism" and it's effect on the staff and team.

What did he say last night?

From another thread:

He has the audacity to blame the offense and the players. The guy is a scum bag.

ByB_kfgCMAA60-k.jpg:large

Bonnie Laden@BonnieCBS4 26m
@Manny_Navarro: Here's the quote you were looking for from Al Golden tonight #Canes fans: pic.twitter.com/3KrhO9aIaj” ugh

LMAO at 5X finally joining the party... better late than never I guess.

Maybe its time you pay that bet as well.

I was never singing golden's praises. I try to stay level headed and have commented very little, if at all, one way or the other.

Advertisement
Back