If Al won't fire his best friend, I'm done...

Advertisement
Lu, and there lies my issue. I don't think he's a bad CEO, if only he'd be less stubborn.

Lu, and there lies my issue. I don't think he's a bad CEO, if only he'd be less stubborn.

But, he isn't less stubborn, it seems. It's like saying "I think she'd be a 9 if only she'd be willing to lose 80 pounds." All the while, the chick is stuffing her face with cheetos and sitting on the couch. Sometimes, it is what it is. His quotes after last night, if those things are real, are terrifying.

Advertisement
Nick Saban literally hazes Kiffen on the sideline if he calls one ****** play. NoD has called four ****** seasons and all that embarrassment of a head coach can do is blame his players.

But, he isn't less stubborn, it seems. It's like saying "I think she'd be a 9 if only she'd be willing to lose 80 pounds." All the while, the chick is stuffing her face with cheetos and sitting on the couch. Sometimes, it is what it is. His quotes after last night, if those things are real, are terrifying.
Golden is in denial. Everyone but him can see the defensive scheme sucks. It's like the chick that has all the evidence her man is cheating on her, but she refuses to admit it.

Advertisement
In many ways, I don't think Al sucks as a CEO.

I didn't either until he has seemingly chosen to stick with the same philosophy this year. I could have seen a scapegoated D-Coordinator and move to a John Lovett-type after 2013. I could have been sold on keep D'Onofrio if we would change our approach this year. We're seeing a very stubborn approach to something that clearly doesn't work. That is simply not a good look for a true CEO. Without a willingness to adjust, we'll always be too late. As such, this is a deeper issue than our D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator, I think.

I think his best friend has him convinced. Often times good but inexperienced CEO's listen too much to their advisers, and trust them too much. I see this as the same situation. The difference will come if he makes a change soon, either in philosophy or on the staff.

I do think those things are real. He's had a plan since before he came here. Seems like he believes that the *only* reason the defense is not working yet, is that he doesn't have the players to execute it.

If all 11 guys have to have a perfect game every game for your scheme to be successful... what do you think is gonna happen in the real world??

The quote from Fat Al last night “There’s no excuse for not tackling,” he said. “There’s no excuse for not doing better on third down. But we’re not giving up on the scheme."

Typical BS Throw the players under the bus and stick to the plan.

Why doesn't someone ask him if the players would tackle better if they had a better "scheme".

Finally the way he uses the word "scheme" sounds like he is planning a bank robbery.

In many ways, I don't think Al sucks as a CEO.

I didn't either until he has seemingly chosen to stick with the same philosophy this year. I could have seen a scapegoated D-Coordinator and move to a John Lovett-type after 2013. I could have been sold on keep D'Onofrio if we would change our approach this year. We're seeing a very stubborn approach to something that clearly doesn't work. That is simply not a good look for a true CEO. Without a willingness to adjust, we'll always be too late. As such, this is a deeper issue than our D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator, I think.

He has the organizational skills but apparently has a deep conviction on this process. This could be ingrained based upon prior success with either Parcell, Sandusky or at Virginia. Either way, if he doesn't adapt , he's rolling the dice on it .

Advertisement
I'm now at the point where I'm hoping we lose so Golden leaves.

I hate being put in that situation.

This thread Is ******* retarded. How can he be a good CEO if his results have always, and continue, to suck???? He's incompetent! A good CEO recognizes that his subordinates are destroying a company and he fixes the issue before it crushes the company. Guess what? Golden has allowed this to go on for 4 yrs! And it's his scheme! Firing the DC and leaving Golden would be a disaster. Golden coaches like a scared Big Ten cvnt, see eg his decision to decline the penalty for fear of Neb converting a 3rd and 15. He's a loser who had accomplished nothing in college football. If you support him staying, then you're part of the problem too. I'm fed up with this ****.

Advertisement
It's Golden's defense, it's his mentality, and the whole **** thing is built on his shoddy foundation, which has revealed itself to be a precarious house of cards.

He's gotta go. There's no way around it at this point.

We need to root for a crushing loss next week.

I don't think we need to root for it happen. I think we are in deep **** next week without rooting for it.

Death, taxes and no scheme adjustments next week...bet in more of the same

Advertisement
Back