If Al won't fire his best friend, I'm done...

5XNC

Senior
I've kept quiet here regarding golden staying or going. Was in the middle. Neither a slurper or anti golden. And while I think we can win with Al as the head and with a real defensive coordinator, if he can't fire him, Al needs to go. The offensive talent and play calling last night was enough to win that game. And we have the talent on defense. To watch this defensive have 7 guys 7-25 yards from the LOS when they are running 90% of the time is ridiculous. Sell out and stop the run at some point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Firing coach D does nothing. NOTHING.

This is Al's defense. I'm not sure what some of you don't understand.

Not to mention, when your HC is so stubborn or possibly stupid to not switch the scheme on his own without pressure from the fans and media after four years of this crap defense, WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT GUY AS YOUR HEAD COACH?

We need a new staff, and changes in the admin/athletic dept. asap.

Well... Stick a fork in ya buddy....

It ain't gonna help to fire the DC

And he ain't gonna fire the DC so....

Solid, then he can go down with his buddy. Or he can turn it over and let someone else handle it.

Advertisement
All the AD has to do is not renew Doritos contract. Either Al stays and gets a competent DC or he resigns in protest. Win win.

Solid, then he can go down with his buddy. Or he can turn it over and let someone else handle it.

It's the second part I have a problem with. Dorito is merely running Golden's defense. We need Golden gone, not his DC.

Advertisement

It's the second part I have a problem with. Dorito is merely running Golden's defense. We need Golden gone, not his DC.
thats not necessarily true. If he was finally willing to kill coach d it would tacitly admit his scheme isn't working and maybe a change. Unlikely of course

Some of you need a reality check. Changing the DC will not improve this issue.

Think Shannon when he brought in Whipple. Yes he was better than Nix, but at the end of the day the CEO sucked.

This program needs changes not only in scheme, but in mentality and direction. Until then, we won't amount to much.

Advertisement
I'll ask again.

when your Head Coach is so too stubborn or possibly too stupid to not switch the scheme on his own without pressure from the fans and media after four years of this crap defense, WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT GUY AS YOUR HEAD COACH?

Advertisement
well at least if you fire the DC it's puts pressure on Al to leave which should mean we don't have to pay him.

In many ways, I don't think Al sucks as a CEO.

I didn't either until he has seemingly chosen to stick with the same philosophy this year. I could have seen a scapegoated D-Coordinator and move to a John Lovett-type after 2013. I could have been sold on keep D'Onofrio if we would change our approach this year. We're seeing a very stubborn approach to something that clearly doesn't work. That is simply not a good look for a true CEO. Without a willingness to adjust, we'll always be too late. As such, this is a deeper issue than our D-Coordinator or O-Coordinator, I think.

Advertisement
Back