I'd love to know what Pete or D$ are hearing from inside

canesbaby

Sophomore
Premium
Do the offensive coaches share or understand our concerns after the last 2 weeks? Any chance things will change?

Advertisement
I'm afraid that Richt views his Offense the same way Alf views his Defense - it's not the scheme, it's the players. This doesn't bode well for us.

I think he does need a passing game coordinator because Thomas Brown and Jon Richt won't cut it. Not saying he needs to not call plays but he needs input from an innovative offensive mind. Look for them to add a seasoned guy for next season to help out.

I think he does need a passing game coordinator because Thomas Brown and Jon Richt won't cut it. Not saying he needs to not call plays but he needs input from an innovative offensive mind. Look for them to add a seasoned guy for next season to help out.

Are you just speculating about them adding an offensive assistant or do you have some solid information?

Advertisement
If you guys think Rick is adding anyone that will have ANY input in the offensive playcalling then you haven't paid attention to anything he's said since the day he was hired. Not saying that's a good or bad thing but his entire mantra has been his return to daily coaching and controlling the offense- especially in relation to the power he relegated at UGA.

Last edited:

What I am saying is Thomas Jones and Jon Richt are helping you design plays? Seriously Richt has other responsibilities as HC you need an experienced offensive game planner. Richt can call plays but he can't do it by himself.

He needs to not call plays.

Advertisement
He needs to admit his failure as an OC, suck up his pride, and hire an uptempo spread offensive coordinator

I'm afraid that Richt views his Offense the same way Alf views his Defense - it's not the scheme, it's the players. This doesn't bode well for us.

And you know this how?

Because he continues to handoff up the middle in stacked boxes, gets stopped and goes back to it as opposed to taking what the defense is giving him. He's determined to force the game his way...that's how.

the bubble screen killed the first 4 games. Then he tried to run it vs FSU, who clearly saw it on game tape and they blew it up. Where is the play off of the bubble screen? Make it look like the bubble screen, but guess what? It's not. Therefore the defense gets confused. no defenses are wondering what play is being called. It's so blatantly obvious and I'm just watching television broadcasts, not actual game film that competent coaches watch. This is troubling.

They are currently in the Kaaya bunker deleting emails and hype propaganda faster than Hillary.

Advertisement
I'm not as close to the team as either of them, but Kaaya did not look like this in Fall practice. The offense did not look as disjointed and erratic during scrimmage play. The passes were far more accurate and the playcalls (formations, sets, etc.) weren't so much of a grab bag.

I was therefore hopeful, but as you can ask D$ and look back on certain posts, I mentioned one concern:

Kaaya still had to show the ability to extend plays within the pocket by climbing and moving laterally against a live DL. Our one TD drive yesterday shows the difference between a couple extra ticks created by a QB. You don't need to be a runner. You need subtle movements to create a tiny extension of the play.

Isn't there a Bible passage that discourages being stubborn and encourages self-examination and humility? Let's speak to Mark in his language

Advertisement
I'm not as close to the team as either of them, but Kaaya did not look like this in Fall practice. The offense did not look as disjointed and erratic during scrimmage play. The passes were far more accurate and the playcalls (formations, sets, etc.) weren't so much of a grab bag.

I was therefore hopeful, but as you can ask D$ and look back on certain posts, I mentioned one concern:

Kaaya still had to show the ability to extend plays within the pocket by climbing and moving laterally against a live DL. Our one TD drive yesterday shows the difference between a couple extra ticks created by a QB. You don't need to be a runner. You need subtle movements to create a tiny extension of the play.

Kaaya choosing to be a statute in the pocket and expecting the O-line to do their job has been one of the main issues with him this season. He better get that mindset out of here because in the NFL you're doomed unless you're behind an O-line like the Cowboys have.

Advertisement
Back