Iconic U logo being plagiarized

Advertisement
1648845524701.png

As much as I love the "U". I always thought it was strange to identify with the University part of the name rather than the Miami part of the name.

It's just weird. I mean they are basically all Universities.

I am a heretic, I know.

Advertisement
As much as I love the "U". I always thought it was strange to identify with the University part of the name rather than the Miami part of the name.

It's just weird. I mean they are basically all Universities.

I am a heretic, I know.

Bruh that was Schnelly.... He said at the time he was trying to come up with a logo they did not want a big "M" because Michigan was already a powerhouse and had the "M" but no one had a "U" clearly the marketing paid off as no one else calls themselves "The U" even though 90% of colleges have "University" in their name.

A high school here in the upstate of SC tried to do the same thing a couple of years ago. ( Dorman High School ). Miami put a stop to it.

Advertisement
Actually the U is trademarked and they do protect it. The Union school district in Tulsa pays like $40k per year for the use of the logo.
However I know Union 32 high school in Vermont uses the U and doesn’t pay anything. And it’s a carbon copy of the U. Just gray and blue.

Advertisement
My nephews little league football team a few years ago was the hurricanes… lol pretty easy to show up in gear to support him that year

Advertisement
Half of the high schools in my area have something stolen from a college. This isn't news. In fact the University of Kansas tried to take one to court a long time ago for stealing their nickname, colors, and logo (which they did) and lost anyway. The school still uses it all

There is a high school up here in Maryland by the name of Urbana, and they have the U as there symbol, it’s plain white though.

Advertisement
Back