Iconic U logo being plagiarized

Advertisement
As much as I love the "U". I always thought it was strange to identify with the University part of the name rather than the Miami part of the name.

It's just weird. I mean they are basically all Universities.

I am a heretic, I know.

BAB1E0C8-46D1-499F-8B77-7563AF371DAB.jpeg

This is from a HS in SWVA. They use the U on all their apparel.

Advertisement
Half of the high schools in my area have something stolen from a college. This isn't news. In fact the University of Kansas tried to take one to court a long time ago for stealing their nickname, colors, and logo (which they did) and lost anyway. The school still uses it all
My HS logo was the Tennessee volunteer but in blue. There’s a Hs near me that uses the Georgetown “G”. It goes on and on…

Advertisement
Bruh that was Schnelly.... He said at the time he was trying to come up with a logo they did not want a big "M" because Michigan was already a powerhouse and had the "M" but no one had a "U" clearly the marketing paid off as no one else calls themselves "The U" even though 90% of colleges have "University" in their name.
The U was created circa 1973. As a matter of fact a Save the U campaign started circa 1978 because the administration wanted to rebrand. The student body saved the U. U got to believe...lol.

Grew up there.....Louisiana in general has been pretty lawless for years.

Good luck on getting enforcement of any trademark laws without handling out significant donations

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back