Ice Harris Re-Joins Football Staff

View as article
Advertisement
The hire is a positive for recruiting Dade County and only an idiot will deny that. Now, does that result in keeping a few big timers home? Only time will tell. Don't think it will have much of an impact beyond Broward county. I still believe the best recruiting tool is victories, azzes in seats, prime TV exposure, excitement around the program and high draft "choices". I like that we are becoming relevant again, but know we can take off with a higher caliber staff.

Think he's going to be the main guy in So Fla recruiting, UNOFFICALLY of course. Basically keep the players in line, and be the liason to many of the local coaches, "representatives" and families.

I dont expect this is going to be a huge boon for us, but I dont think it will hurt. I think it should help keep us very competitive for local kids.

Advertisement
Ahh Arky fans gonna Arky..They are very upset on their board. They thought Ice was headed there because of this guy

TheHawgFather said...

From what I am hearing that the next safety's coach will be Ice Harris from Miami Booker T Washington. Ice Harris will be in Arkansas this weekend for a convention in Hot Springs & Randy Shannon & Bielema are making it a top priority to hire him.

It would open up the flood gates in South Fla with these 2 on staff we would almost get any prospect we wanted down there with these 2 down there.

18.gif

Ahh Arky fans gonna Arky..They are very upset on their board. They thought Ice was headed there because of this guy

TheHawgFather said...

From what I am hearing that the next safety's coach will be Ice Harris from Miami Booker T Washington. Ice Harris will be in Arkansas this weekend for a convention in Hot Springs & Randy Shannon & Bielema are making it a top priority to hire him.

It would open up the flood gates in South Fla with these 2 on staff we would almost get any prospect we wanted down there with these 2 down there.

18.gif

LOL.
When was this posted on InsideTheSlingBlade?

Advertisement
What did Harris do when he worked for Randy?

I thought he and corey bell did the same thing, this. no matter what we think of our defense, this experience should be night and day different from the Shannon one.
What did they do? I'm legit asking what their jobs entail.

I thought they had the same titles as the one he has now.
I'm asking his day to day activities. He's not supposed to recruit. He's not allowed to coach. What does he do?

What did Harris do when he worked for Randy?

I thought he and corey bell did the same thing, this. no matter what we think of our defense, this experience should be night and day different from the Shannon one.

I'm asking his day to day activities. He's not supposed to recruit. He's not allowed to coach. What does he do?

From what I gathered he sets up community events. Maybe camps, meet and greets, coaching clinics. Not really sure on all of that, but that's the gist of things from what I've gathered.

I believe he also sets up recruit visits.

TheHawgFather said...

18.gif

206.gif

From what I gathered he sets up community events. Maybe camps, meet and greets, coaching clinics. Not really sure on all of that, but that's the gist of things from what I've gathered.

Thanks. Now, since he's had this position before, and we gained ZERO tangible benefit from it from 2008 to 2010, why the **** are people acting like this is the greatest thing ever?

Advertisement
What in this post was inaccurate?

"By your logic I could claim that this rock keeps tigers away."

This proves nothing other than he was hired by Miami. I like how you throw in the Ice was never pushing players away from Miami.

..because he wasn't. If Miami knew he was pushing kids away they wouldn't have hired him.

Why?

It is interesting that two staff writers, guys who should know about not jumping to conclusions just because the pieces may seem to fit(they are supposed to be journalist) have done so in this discussion.

They aren't even legally allowed to drink. What makes you think they could be legit journalists, too?

Thanks. Now, since he's had this position before, and we gained ZERO tangible benefit from it from 2008 to 2010, why the **** are people acting like this is the greatest thing ever?

Didn't we get most of the kids we wanted from that time, but simply wanted the wrong kids?

Advertisement

Because the program is under new management.

Didn't we get most of the kids we wanted from that time, but simply wanted the wrong kids?

'08 we might have got who we wanted but '09-'10 we missed on everyone.

TheHawgFather said...

18.gif

Those crazy ba$tards are actually entertaining in their delusion. Living proof that incest really does make you dumb.

Advertisement
Back