I was wrong about Manny - FIRE Manny!

Too late. I‘m the captain now. Cribbyinsight grand opening tomorrow.
acBzzd43jpvwY.gif

Advertisement
Meaningless platitude cannot overcome bad coaching. Slogans, chains, clever press conferences. They don't make up for coaching. I hate that people act like you can't see terrible things early. You do not need 3 years to see when coaches are bad. Some fans obsess over results. But if you analyze the substance you can see that a coach is out lf his depth. They trivialize major problems and hype up meaningless accomplishments. It seeps to the players who forget to even see winning championships as plausible to them. Calling almost coming back against UVA is not something special. You should not be in that position.

Manny Diaz will never have our team coached to a point where they can execute plays, 80,90% of the time properly. There will always be good plays, then turnover, penalties, miss tackles. Being a good team is not about talent, the baseline in machine like execution. Diaz cannot get us even close.

I just want to say that I was wrong about Manny and he needs to go. It's time for Miami to find a coach that can win and end our almost 20 year decline.

I do think I owe an explanation on what made me support Manny for so long.

As many of you know I was a big fan of Manny but he clearly had me fooled. Like many of you I was a big fan of his defense. I thought no one could stop us if we blitzed every play. Manny history with running his defense in big games had me excited.

I thought the Turnover Chain would be huge for our brand and help us with recruiting. I have every one of the t-shirts and have been rotating them every Saturday for the last two years. When Manny introduced the Touchdown Rings and brought in Lashlee, I thought there was no way we wouldn't land every South Florida recruit.

Manny's game day coaching had me excited. He showed so much energy and I really thought that helped the team. Could you imagine Nick Saban doing the "slide". You could just see Manny was focused on winning. Many criticized Manny giving out the Turnover Chain when Miami was down big but I saw it has a way to improve culture.

I thought Manny's dedication to leadership was unmatched. Him consistently rewarding upper classmen with playtime matches what you see in professional sports. It reminded me of Urban Meyer bringing in Tebow to get a shot at TE for Jacksonville. I had hoped that playing upper classmen would really inspire younger guys to work hard so they could play when they when they had seniority. There is plenty of evidence that supports that younger guys just can't perform in college football.

Last, I thought Manny's connection to the city would help him understand our culture. We have never won with coaches not from Miami so I was happy to see us getting back to hiring a Miami guy.
GIF by Kim's Convenience

Advertisement
I just want to say that I was wrong about Manny and he needs to go. It's time for Miami to find a coach that can win and end our almost 20 year decline.

I do think I owe an explanation on what made me support Manny for so long.

As many of you know I was a big fan of Manny but he clearly had me fooled. Like many of you I was a big fan of his defense. I thought no one could stop us if we blitzed every play. Manny history with running his defense in big games had me excited.

I thought the Turnover Chain would be huge for our brand and help us with recruiting. I have every one of the t-shirts and have been rotating them every Saturday for the last two years. When Manny introduced the Touchdown Rings and brought in Lashlee, I thought there was no way we wouldn't land every South Florida recruit.

Manny's game day coaching had me excited. He showed so much energy and I really thought that helped the team. Could you imagine Nick Saban doing the "slide". You could just see Manny was focused on winning. Many criticized Manny giving out the Turnover Chain when Miami was down big but I saw it has a way to improve culture.

I thought Manny's dedication to leadership was unmatched. Him consistently rewarding upper classmen with playtime matches what you see in professional sports. It reminded me of Urban Meyer bringing in Tebow to get a shot at TE for Jacksonville. I had hoped that playing upper classmen would really inspire younger guys to work hard so they could play when they when they had seniority. There is plenty of evidence that supports that younger guys just can't perform in college football.

Last, I thought Manny's connection to the city would help him understand our culture. We have never won with coaches not from Miami so I was happy to see us getting back to hiring a Miami guy.
Most of what you say is still true and your disagreements are being resolved. He realized he had to play the best performers which indicates his adaptability and we know what we have is improving indicating we can progress or recede with a 6th straight change just to change. Haven't you enjoyed the second half of this season? Do you think TVD is our future and he has posted he wants Manny here as have others. Plus the turnover chain was so popular it forced FSU to make their joke of a turnover backpack which is hilarious. So continue to success or start all over again with an unknown. Be bold as you know you have been right up until now. Thank You though for you honesty and thoughtful post, now recognize you've been right all along. God Bless You!

Most of what you say is still true and your disagreements are being resolved. He realized he had to play the best performers which indicates his adaptability and we know what we have is improving indicating we can progress or recede with a 6th straight change just to change. Haven't you enjoyed the second half of this season? Do you think TVD is our future and he has posted he wants Manny here as have others. Plus the turnover chain was so popular it forced FSU to make their joke of a turnover backpack which is hilarious. So continue to success or start all over again with an unknown. Be bold as you know you have been right up until now. Thank You though for you honesty and thoughtful post, now recognize you've been right all along. God Bless You!
I’ll take the guy who didn’t coordinate the 90th+ ranked defense. Whoever that may be.

Why didn't he play the best players to begin with? Is he incapable of evaluating talent or playing favorites to the detriment of the team?

Where are we improving? Offense, the side of the ball he has nothing to do with and is losing his coordinator? Because HIS defense has regressed ever since Golden’s players moved on from the program.

**** the turnover chain, it's given us exactly zero wins. Mannys D made Jordan Travis look like Tom Brady running a two-minute drill and let FSU snap a 4 game losing streak against us.

Manny is cheeks, so is your trolling.

taylor-swift-suck-it.gif

Advertisement
"Haven't you enjoyed the second half of this season?"

yeah losing to one of the worse semenhole teams ever was a delight.

What? Where does this myth come from?
Howard - Indiana, Kentucky
Jimmy - Texas, Arkansas
Ericson - Washington, Montana State
Butch - Oklahoma, Arkansas
Coker - Oklahoma, Northeastern State

We have never won with coaches from Miami... Randy, Manny
Howard was a Bama and Dolphin man.

Butch DAW GAWD a Miami amd Dallas man.

Coker a Miami man.

Advertisement
I’ll take the guy who didn’t coordinate the 90th+ ranked defense. Whoever that may be.
I'd like to hear Andrews response as he has succumbed to the pressure of the critics. Now is a critical time and Manny has to make some decisions for a new OC and decide if he will get a DC plus fire Patke. Items I feel are critical to him staying or leaving. Thank You in advance Andrew!

I'd like to hear Andrews response as he has succumbed to the pressure of the critics. Now is a critical time and Manny has to make some decisions for a new OC and decide if he will get a DC plus fire Patke. Items I feel are critical to him staying or leaving. Thank You in advance Andrew!
Did u not realize Andrew was trolling us w his manny support?

Did u not realize Andrew was trolling us w his manny support?
No, I did not find him trolling, I believe he has enough intellect to realize swapping coaches for a 6th time is insanity, especially with one who has adjusted multiple times SUCCESSFULLY. Especially with his recruitment of stars off the portal and this years recruiting class is superb and loaded with talent that he should get to develop. After 20 years of failure flip-flopping coaches its time to give one a chance to prove himself (although he has already) with one more year. Even given one more year it is with one hand tied behind his back when it comes to recruiting and hiring yet I think he will make great decisions.

Advertisement
OK, Old Yeller
old-yeller.gif

It's over. I wanted Manny to succeed and I thought he would but I was wrong.

No, I did not find him trolling, I believe he has enough intellect to realize swapping coaches for a 6th time is insanity, especially with one who has adjusted multiple times SUCCESSFULLY. Especially with his recruitment of stars off the portal and this years recruiting class is superb and loaded with talent that he should get to develop. After 20 years of failure flip-flopping coaches its time to give one a chance to prove himself (although he has already) with one more year. Even given one more year it is with one hand tied behind his back when it comes to recruiting and hiring yet I think he will make great decisions.
You have obviously had blinders on watching No D Mannys defense in his 6th year of being in charge of it. Points allowed this season 32 points a game. 91 teams allowed fewer than that. Will only be worse next year if he is here.

Advertisement
Back