I was wrong about Manny - FIRE Manny!

I just want to say that I was wrong about Manny and he needs to go. It's time for Miami to find a coach that can win and end our almost 20 year decline.

I do think I owe an explanation on what made me support Manny for so long.

As many of you know I was a big fan of Manny but he clearly had me fooled. Like many of you I was a big fan of his defense. I thought no one could stop us if we blitzed every play. Manny history with running his defense in big games had me excited.

I thought the Turnover Chain would be huge for our brand and help us with recruiting. I have every one of the t-shirts and have been rotating them every Saturday for the last two years. When Manny introduced the Touchdown Rings and brought in Lashlee, I thought there was no way we wouldn't land every South Florida recruit.

Manny's game day coaching had me excited. He showed so much energy and I really thought that helped the team. Could you imagine Nick Saban doing the "slide". You could just see Manny was focused on winning. Many criticized Manny giving out the Turnover Chain when Miami was down big but I saw it has a way to improve culture.

I thought Manny's dedication to leadership was unmatched. Him consistently rewarding upper classmen with playtime matches what you see in professional sports. It reminded me of Urban Meyer bringing in Tebow to get a shot at TE for Jacksonville. I had hoped that playing upper classmen would really inspire younger guys to work hard so they could play when they when they had seniority. There is plenty of evidence that supports that younger guys just can't perform in college football.

Last, I thought Manny's connection to the city would help him understand our culture. We have never won with coaches not from Miami so I was happy to see us getting back to hiring a Miami guy.
You finally took of the sunglasses so you could see clearly. I think his flaws have always been there. We just had superior talent to execute it in the past which covered up many of its flaws.

Manny can complain about recruiting all he wants. He's had 6 years on the defensive side and has recruited all of them. He's 200% directly responsible for his scheme and the failure in player development to run it effectively.

I think it’s a poor scheme that requires elite athletes st most of the positions to be highly effective.

Advertisement
I just want to say that I was wrong about Manny and he needs to go. It's time for Miami to find a coach that can win and end our almost 20 year decline.

As many of you know I was a big fan of Manny but he clearly had me fooled. Like many of you I was a big fan of his defense. I thought no one could stop us if we blitzed every play. Manny history with running his defense in big games had me excited.

I thought the Turnover Chain would be huge for our brand and help us with recruiting. I have every one of the t-shirts and have been rotating them every Saturday for the last two years. When Manny introduced the Touchdown Rings and brought in Lashlee, I thought there was no way we wouldn't land every South Florida recruit.

Manny's game day coaching had me excited. He showed so much energy and I really thought that helped the team. Could you imagine Nick Saban doing the "slide". You could just see Manny was focused on winning. Many criticized Manny giving out the Turnover Chain when Miami was down big but I saw it has a way to improve culture.

I thought Manny's dedication to leadership was unmatched. Him consistently rewarding upper classmen with playtime matches what you see in professional sports. It reminded me of Urban Meyer bringing in Tebow to get a shot at TE for Jacksonville. I had hoped that playing upper classmen would really inspire younger guys to work hard so they could play when they when they had seniority. There is plenty of evidence that supports that younger guys just can't perform in college football.

Last, I thought Manny's connection to the city would help him understand our culture. We have never won with coaches not from Miami so I was happy to see us getting back to hiring a Miami guy.
This can't be real.......cause he blitzed and he made the chain? This is exactly why I said he got the job he fooled the higher ups. Omg I can't read this without dying laughing.....u are the guys I been complaining about for 6 plus years. Kudos to Mannying up though. And we weren't landing recruits with the chain at all and that was happening early in his tenure.

Reading this again has to be troling

Advertisement
Screenshot_20211114-004552_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Advertisement
The Fact that @Andrew is now openly against Manny kind of makes me sad. Always looked forward to the obviously sarcastic posts week to week that riled y'all up. Even he has his limits. Was a good run

I’ve tried to keep a positive outlook, but that’s it, I admit my mistakes. Call me what you will, but that’s it I’m done. The last four minutes of that game were just…well… all I can do is apologize.
Fire Diaz!

Just so we're clear here, when manny beats dook, VT & whoever our group of 5 opponent is the bowl game, u aren't going to start a thread using the 3 game winning streak as proof he deserves more time?

Advertisement
I was for him at first too. But then, when he brought #4 back, that just screamed his "Changing the Culture" talk was nothing more than BS.

Not much has changed since, we're still taking undisciplined and stupid penalties costing us games: Coaching and Cuture

Advertisement
I am sorry guys, I was completely fooled by Manny.

You were the guy sitting on the third base side of Truist Park during the WS, wearing the 'Canes shirt on Saturday and the Dolphin's shirt on Sunday...Said to the wife, "I bet that's Andrew from CIS."

Or do you have me completely fooled like Manny had you?

You were the guy sitting on the third base side of Truist Park during the WS, wearing the 'Canes shirt on Saturday and the Dolphin's shirt on Sunday...Said to the wife, "I bet that's Andrew from CIS."

Or do you have me completely fooled like Manny had you?
Nope, I went to Saturdays game but sat behind the Astro's bullpen.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"We have never won with coaches not from Miami so I was happy to see us getting back to hiring a Miami guy."

Seems like the key that unlocks this riddle

Advertisement
Back