I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Advertisement
I am not sure anyone realizes that Greg Rousseau was a difference maker, yes...Roche and Phillips are very good but not the talent Greg is...each year we have players leave that hurt our depth. Imagine Clemson if Etienne had declared.

Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!
FWIW... there's still more games to be played and what not. So I wouldn't make your boy El Reyes of South Florida, yet. huh? Calle Ocho anyone. LMFAO

Advertisement
For Manny to win an NC here he needs to;

1 replace Baker
2 keep Lashlee for 3 or 4 more years
Keeping Lashlee for three or four years will be a long shot. Because as long as Miami continues to have success on offense the rest of the season and brings it next season too, he'll be a Head Coach at some school. Bloody GUARANTEE IT!

Also, Miami athletics DOESN'T have the " cash flow situation " as the vast majority of Power 5 programs across the country. Ouch. So that will be a negotiating problem for both Diaz and the AD.

Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

Question, why wasn't Baker replaced last year as CMD had to take over the D calls midway thru season?
if CMD made hard calls on O why not his side of the ball ?

Advertisement

Respectfully disagree. I want him to be successful here, but I only agree that he has the ability to work the portal thus far. He needs to show he can recruit and develop football players, with the latter being a big question mark. Outside of TE, what position has he recruited out of HS and developed under his watch? I pointed to TE, because on the defensive side I dont see it, and our big LB class under him during his first year remained flat or seemed to regress during their time here (see McLoud). As for addressing coaching needs, his defensive coaches are huge question marks for big time college football, Patke should be taking Mannys shirts to the cleaners daily, and Manny failed during his first attempt at hiring an OC. So, if Lashlee is successful, he is 1 for 2 in two years and everyone forgets who Enos was.

Last edited:
If we're comparing last year vs. this year can we start at the qb position? Then move on to kicker? Then the OC? Do we really need to see more next week to come to (imho) the obvious conclusion that this year's edition of UM football is much better than last year?

That was a really good win last night. The improvements vs. last year are glaring.
You forgot to mention zero changes on D, how come?

Advertisement
Rumph, Patke and Baker all need to go. We can’t be jumping up and down for joy just because we finally beat a ranked team on the road. Yes, Manny has addressed- QB, kicker and offensive coordinator. But now it’s time to overhaul the defensive staff. If this does not happen, it will cost Manny dearly. Since Baker has been the defensive coordinator here, our defense has regressed. Period. Rumph cannot recruit (clearly) and by the the looks of it, cannot coach either. Patke I don’t think I need say much on. All three of them have to go. Banda has recruited great and has earned the right to be the safeties coach here.
Recruiting but not coaching. Knowles getting so much PT over several younger guys is evidence Banda struggles developing players.

Advertisement
He fixed the three major issues with the team from last year: K, QB, and most important, OC. He couldn’t do much on the offensive side of the ball, once he figured out Enos wasn’t going to work out, and Baxa got the yips. He can always take over the defense. I don’t see a team on the schedule, besides Clemson, they can’t or shouldn’t beat.

This week will be interesting. FSU does not look good. Maybe the rivalry factor will kick in, and they play lights out, but I think the DL will play a big part in this one. I don’t think FSU has the offensive weapons Louisville has. They could have just overlooked GT and mailed it in, but compared to last year, Miami has made major improvements and they’ve gone backward.

What with this fan base anointing players and coaches early? And the endless “he needs a raise” or “he needs a promotion”...

Can we be successful first? Jesus we barely beat two *** teams...

Advertisement
Back