I thought Daniel Mcmillan was a Cane?

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
"I knew I was going to commit for a while," McMillian said. "I did it early because I think I know that I wanted to be a Florida Gator. That is where I want to go at.

Advertisement
FSU fans have been saying they have the leg up due to Northrup... **** some of them claim thats the only reason they went after Northrup so hard.

Frankly I'm glad we won't have to bother to venture up into the Jax area - waste of time up there.

Last edited:
Kid always wanted to be a gator, previously he wanted to wait til next year to commit but he couldn't control himself at UF's Jr day

Advertisement
You did realize that he's a jacksonville kid didn't you? The U doesn't get players from there (let alone First Coast hs). period.

Just me, but I don't even pay much attention anymore when I see a kid is from Jacksonville. I never thought Northrup would stick, for that reason alone. I'm glad we've made sufficient inroads in Tampa; anything to keep from wasting time in that nole/**** cluster**** of a region.

I'm about to keep it really real up in this joint.

Recruiting Jacksonville is a damned waste of time...not just because we don't land anyone from there...but it's because its also an overrated place to recruit.

Past five recruiting classes, only one player worth his star rating came from the area. And that was AJ Jenkins.

I guess we'll see how AC Leonard turns out in the end, and yeah, Sam Barrington has been decent for SoFla, and Louis Nix is playing for Notre Dame...but ehhh, there's been one legit baller that was highly rated.

I wouldn't waste my time in the area.

Advertisement

Recruiting Jacksonville is a damned waste of time...not just because we don't land anyone from there...but it's because its also an overrated place to recruit.

Past five recruiting classes, only one player worth his star rating came from the area. And that was AJ Jenkins.

I guess we'll see how AC Leonard turns out in the end, and yeah, Sam Barrington has been decent for SoFla, and Louis Nix is playing for Notre Dame...but ehhh, there's been one legit baller that was highly rated.

Nix is doing pretty well at ND

isn't spiller from just outside Jax?

that Fullwood kid looks pretty **** impressive

I don't know if it is wise to dismiss an area or school because the players don't live up to the hype or don't have a history of players. Would you want to ignore Coley because he go to Northeast?

Advertisement

Nix is doing pretty well at ND

isn't spiller from just outside Jax?

that Fullwood kid looks pretty **** impressive

I'm not saying its wise to stay away, but you gotta realize, Miami spent countless hours of time and energy trying to recruit Jacksonville under Shannon and the end result was laughable...maybe its because we had that scrub, Hurtt up there diddling his then-gf, and not actually working, I dunno, but we did about nothing up in Jacksonville and its an area that doesn't exactly produce great talent. If Randy focused a fraction of his time in Jacksonville on WPB or Orlando/Tampa area, maybe we could have gotten more recruits from better areas.

ok that makes sense. Kinda wish our staff would do the same thing with Valdosta area

Advertisement
Over the years, we've had a few from Jax: Willie Smith, Carl Walker, Kevin Kirkeide. Only Smith did anything, and that was 25 years ago.

I'd be glad to cede that area to the other schools. The best players we got were probably Smith and Tom Sullivan in the late 60's.

We've done better in Gainesville and Lake City.

Over the years, we've had a few from Jax: Willie Smith, Carl Walker, Kevin Kirkeide. Only Smith did anything, and that was 25 years ago.

I'd be glad to cede that area to the other schools. The best players we got were probably Smith and Tom Sullivan in the late 60's.

We've done better in Gainesville and Lake City.

You could totally be making that **** up... and I would have absolutely no idea and believe you. Good work.

The kid has always been a Gator but the fact that he committed so early is unsettling. Every single school in the country is going to try and poach this kid. The amount of **** that is going to be thrown his way from FSU, BAMA ect is going to be crazy.

Somebody ask Howard about how FSU and Bama insulted his mother with benefits, cash etc.

This.

Daytona Beach is where I'd really like to see us improve.

Advertisement
Back