I think Enos may be done

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wanted Dykes as Manny’s replacement. But I’ll take his OC also if this is true.

He left Auburn because Gus ran him off. His offense was trash his last year at Auburn.
Don't think that's true. Lashlee took over playcalling in mid-september and they did really well. 6 game winning streak and see the results below. Lashlee wanted full control of an offense and no meddling by Malzahn.

The immediate results have been positive every time Malzahn has loosened his grip of the reins. That win in College Station, Texas, was just the first example. The switch to Lashlee in 2016 sparked a six-game winning streak during which the team averaged nearly 39 points per game. The Tigers went 10-2 and won the SEC West during Lindsey’s first season in 2017, producing a 3,000-yard passer (quarterback Jarrett Stidham) and SEC Offensive Player of the Year (running back Kerryon Johnson) along the way.

But Malzahn has only been able to cede control for so long. It is believed that he got involved with the offense again late in the 2016 season, when Auburn lost three out of its final four games to Georgia, Alabama and Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. He and Lindsey never seemed to be on the same page during the 2018 season, and the offense constantly looked out of sorts because of it. Even when he wasn’t calling the plays, Malzahn remained in charge of personnel and substitutions.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/2262356002

Advertisement
He’s been OC running spread at SMU since 2018 under Sonny dykes. Not sure if he calls plays. I think he does.

He was OC under Mahlzahn at Auburn for four years. I think they scapegoated him as Gus calls plays I think.

he was at Arkansas state for a bit too.

so his pedigree suggests he would run an up tempo, spread offense

and add Hartley back as TE/ST with his recruiting?

yes please
Hartley should have stayed anyways. Move Fields to WR?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back