I think Enos may be done

Advertisement
The Art Briles offense is balanced from a run/pass standpoint IF you count the dumpoff pass to the RB in space as a handoff, like he does. Do south Florida RBs prefer to run between the tackles into a mass of bodies for a 0-2 yard gain (a la Mark Richt), or be in space and juke someone or run over them? If they want the ball in space to showcase their own wiggle and/or power, the Art Briles offense is a homerun for them.

It's a mistake to say the Art Briles offense doesn't showcase the RB.

The Art Briles offense is balanced from a run/pass standpoint IF you count the dumpoff pass to the RB in space as a handoff, like he does. Do south Florida RBs prefer to run between the tackles into a mass of bodies for a 0-2 yard gain (a la Mark Richt), or be in space and juke someone or run over them? If they want the ball in space to showcase their own wiggle and/or power, the Art Briles offense is a homerun for them.

I’m not saying that. Many videos showing how the spread is primarily a run offense and not a passing one. But that spread system he had at Baylor I’m not a fan of it. Maybe it’s a style thing but I think other people have tried to run it and we’re unsuccessful. Why idk.

I’m not saying that. Many videos showing how the spread is primarily a run offense and not a passing one. But that spread system he had at Baylor I’m not a fan of it. Maybe it’s a style thing but I think other people have tried to run it and we’re unsuccessful. Why idk.
Problem with the Art Briles offense is you can't secure the win. They work at the offense ALL THE TIME at practice. It requires the ball carriers to get up fast, run to the ref and get him the ball ASAP, and everyone else RUN to the LOS, and hike the ball ASAP. They try for 1 play every 13-16 seconds. They do no substitute for any reason, and after 3-4 plays the defense, particularly the D line, is exhausted, at which time they do what they want. But if/when they get the lead, they struggle to run out the clock because they don't practice just lining up and running the ball like a team would do if trying to run out the clock. I think over the years Briles learned not to practice that, but to keep the pedal to the metal.

At Miami, this offense would kill it if the D can stay good. Think of recruiting defensive players: "Hey [star player], because our offense can score in under 2 minutes, you get to play more here."

This offense is a science and must be run by the masters (Briles and others). A guy like Enos can't just change his ways and run this scheme. He doesn't know how to do it.

Advertisement

Boner alert lol

Advertisement
Objectively speaking, Manny is a smart guy. His past shows that he makes adjustments (fewer and better fire blitzes). He said we can't be last in anything at the U. He knows he has almost lost the fan base, if not lost them altogether. If he has a shred of self-awareness and self-survival instincts and wants to have a future as a HBC, he has to know that Enos did not work and must go. This is Manny's most important test. I hope he passes with flying colors.
I tend to agree. He also has spent a considerable amount of time with JJ, who himself had to clean house on one side of the ball prior to his second year. Not saying it’s apples to apples, but he is definitely aware of precedent on this issue and that it has been successful in the past.

I think he also knows that standing pat on coaches will REQUIRE he be very successful next year or he could be done with coaching at the highest levels for a while.

I tend to agree. He also has spent a considerable amount of time with JJ, who himself had to clean house on one side of the ball prior to his second year. Not saying it’s apples to apples, but he is definitely aware of precedent on this issue and that it has been successful in the past.

I think he also knows that standing pat on coaches will REQUIRE he be very successful next year or he could be done with coaching at the highest levels for a while.
JJ IIRC was required to keep the same defense the first season but then he was able to fire them afterwards

Advertisement
Dude I’m in no way in the enos train. I’m just wondering why bama and uga both wanted or want enos. That’s all.
I’m just wondering this spread that everyone talks about is it something that everyone runs and are there variations to it. Cause I don’t want anything to do with what FSU ran last year nor what that Baylor team from from 2012-2013 ran. If Clemson runs a spread it sure as **** doesn’t look anything like those two examples.
Do I want mark pope and jt4 in space he’ll yeah. Am I opposed to running that smu offense? He’ll no.
Just wondering the love affair top programs have with enos and if it’s a legit term goal.
Unfortunately elite offensive linemen aren’t coming here anytime soon and the answer does lie in the spread.
Didn’t urban Meyer say he ran a “power spread”.

Bama wasn’t allowing him to call the plays , he was keeping oc title / qb coach and that’s why he stormed out of bama ignoring all. He played manny so we over payed him thinking everyone was banging down his door to call plays.

JJ IIRC was required to keep the same defense the first season but then he was able to fire them afterwards
That meets my recollection as well. I think the DC ended up with the Dolphins and was wildly mediocre. Can’t remember who JJ got to take over, but I remember our defense did not suck.

Advertisement
Bama wasn’t allowing him to call the plays , he was keeping oc title / qb coach and that’s why he stormed out of bama ignoring all. He played manny so we over payed him thinking everyone was banging down his door to call plays.
Well we were competing with UGA right?

This is what I suspected all along

Well we were competing with UGA right?
I’ve heard yes and I’ve heard no.

What I do know he wasn’t getting 1.5 million from anyone but Miami. Dude was making chump change at bama.

Nothing on his resume said 1.5 million, if he did go to uga it would’ve been far less. You can bet that much.

We gave him really good money and he only had a couple of decent years as a play caller.

He’s always been viewed as a quality position coach but suspect play caller.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back