i stand with our staff in regards to Henderson/edwards....

henderson, edwards and mcfarland were all silents up until the last week. you just never know until they sign. the staff did all they could have done. we addressed our QB situation and got the #1 player on our board. we addressed our OL situation unbelievably. we added depth to the defensive line and linebacker. we picked up several studs at db/s. we good. we back. win the coastal with 10 wins and we start getting more local talent. it will take time. 4 years.
So how about we finally stop using the word "silent"?

it never has meant anything and never will

Advertisement
henderson, edwards and mcfarland were all silents up until the last week. you just never know until they sign. the staff did all they could have done. we addressed our QB situation and got the #1 player on our board. we addressed our OL situation unbelievably. we added depth to the defensive line and linebacker. we picked up several studs at db/s. we good. we back. win the coastal with 10 wins and we start getting more local talent. it will take time. 4 years.

may want to read the entire thread. my response was basically to your point and all these people taking them at their word. gee weeeez.

Losing out to uf blows donkeys, but sometimes there really isn't any thing you can do. You can call it being an apologist, but the truth is that the staff worked their asses off for these kids and got screwed. To be clear, this is a very good class but it takes great classes to win NCs. Whatever the missing link is (it's money) we need to add it or we aren't going to win enough of these battles to get over the hum.

I expect more wins this year will lead to better recruiting but until we do what the sec is doing ($$) we aren't going to land top classes. If you think that's on Richt, ask yourself if kids really want to play for McChoppers more than Richt? Does that make sense?

All about closing.

This is a results business. Literally only thing that matters. No more excuses.

You think the kids Bama/FSU/UGA/LSU are signed are top character dudes? lol nope. CLOSE

I realize it's a results oriented business but what more could our staff have done? I mean they've been all over these two for months, in-homed, unofficial visits, ect... what more was to be done?

Some kids just want to go play in that hick *** town up North.

What more could we have done? That's impossible to know because no one knows what we did.

We tried hard, but we didn't get results. We lost 4 of 4 guys to a dull program with a ****** HC. Whatever we did didn't work. Folden tried hard to win games too, but he didn't succeed.

I love our class and tend to think this microscope revealed some serious flaws in some of these guys' character. Maybe we'll wind up better off without them by accident like we did at DT when Folden missed on primary targets like ***** Bryant and Jay-Tard Bostwick.

It's clearly a problem though when you 0-4 against a downward trending rival for guys in our own backyard. I've been saying for awhile that we need a junkyard dog on staff.

We've got a lot of nice Christian guys who wish players well when they penetrate us without consent. Need a dog or two willing to be nasty.

This!!

Advertisement
Rumph has only been a college coach for little over a year Rome was not build in a day. Miami has to win before the wishy washy kids decide to come. Kids would rather sit on the bench at alot of places like bama which is crazy. even if he got all the talent and they turned out to be bust alot of people would say "oh he cant develop talent all he can do is recruit" yall are crazy. Really feel like henderson is gonna get lost in the shuffle at florida just because he has played corner long and rumph wouldve been a lot more patient. Edwards just wanted attention and today the attention ends florida didnt even care about the kid thats just crazy.

Banda and Rumph are inexperienced at coaching and recruiting at the D-5 level. Richt knows and still decided to go this route. Obviously he is willing to live with their inexperience and let them develop. I thought they did a very good job of coaching DB's. It will take time to develop a resume. Another good season of coaching and another crack at S. Fla DB's with a year under their belts building relationships will tell the tale.

Advertisement
Rumph has only been a college coach for little over a year Rome was not build in a day. Miami has to win before the wishy washy kids decide to come. Kids would rather sit on the bench at alot of places like bama which is crazy. even if he got all the talent and they turned out to be bust alot of people would say "oh he cant develop talent all he can do is recruit" yall are crazy. Really feel like henderson is gonna get lost in the shuffle at florida just because he has played corner long and rumph wouldve been a lot more patient. Edwards just wanted attention and today the attention ends florida didnt even care about the kid thats just crazy.

This is the University of ******* Miami. You don't hire a coach to "learn on the job". Unfortunately Richt hired far too many of them, with Jon boy and Rump at the top of the list.

Idk how to feel about these two. On one hand I can understand the sentiment of do whatever it takes (money, cars, depth chart, etc...). On the other hand I think about it as if I was in their shoes and say any program was offering the world and all that, all it would take was one phone call from Miami saying I had an offer and boom I'm gone. Obviously now I can say I would've been straight forward with all staffs involved, but that's coming from a more mature standpoint. Regardless good/great class that fills a need of speed and great looking prospects on both lines.

Advertisement
Back