I shed a tear

The thing about the OL is this.. unison. It’s going to take time. Sometimes the sum of the parts doesn’t add up to the whole. But with these 2 coaches, I have no doubt this OL will be a capable, top 25 OL.
 
Really wish we had 1 more year of Markel Bell, but obviously I think the OL will be fine. Fine doesn’t usually win a national championship, though. But fine with the best skill players in America and a Top 15 defense definitely can.

Nothing that happens in camp will really move the needle for me. My main concern is the center position and that won’t change until I see us play Clemson. If Rodriguez is just an above-average ACC center, this offense is going to the ******* moon.

Bell wasn’t Bell going into the season. Everyone was freaking out about him. I expect the same progression with this group . We’ll be fine. Development actually happens here now.
 
I think it was Maribel who once said “I’ll saw both my arms off before the Oline is the weakest link on the team” … yeah I’m not sweating it they’ll figure it out…

Good news...hate to think of him sawing off his legs and becoming into a Cuban Gary Coleman.
 
Last edited:
Bell wasn’t Bell going into the season. Everyone was freaking out about him. I expect the same progression with this group . We’ll be fine. Development actually happens here now.
Bell developed during the season from an ok tackle in college to a good draft prospect.

It's not just before the season, it's during the season as well.
 
Looks like we have a lot of promising young depth. Only problem will be finding onto it.
We will no doubt become a feeder school for offensive lineman in the portal era
 
Bell wasn’t Bell going into the season. Everyone was freaking out about him. I expect the same progression with this group . We’ll be fine. Development actually happens here now.

I was being selfish and saying I wish we had another year of Bell at his current form. One more experienced, sure-fire NFL kid would make me feel a lot better.

Also, Bell started half the games in 2024 and I believe played in all of them. Coming into 2025, he obviously wasn’t a finished product but there was a ton of good he did at this level the year prior. He was the least experienced kid coming into 2025 on the whole line. That experience for a 2026 kid would make him about the most experienced kid on the line.

I fully expect Alex to put out a good OL. I’m not worried. I just know, for a fact, we have a QB, RBs, and WRs good enough to win a national championship. I’m not sure we have an OL to hit quite that ceiling. Adding a Markel Bell to this current group would probably have me convinced. But he’s not here, so we gotta go kill everyone with who we got.
 
We had a good Oline that pushed around a formidable Celmson front in 2023.

3250.jpg


This is really the only argument needed to completely shatter this narrative that the Oline might be a weak point for us for two reasons.

1. When The Maribros dont have a guy to play they go out and get them. See Cohen and Lee. We didnt really go out and get anything this off season

2. If the Maribros decide a guy can play young they are correct.

About 915 ET on 9/4 once the nation gets to see this Oline play live Miami's odds to win the title and Mensah's odds to win the Heisman will go up
 
Last edited:
I was being selfish and saying I wish we had another year of Bell at his current form. One more experienced, sure-fire NFL kid would make me feel a lot better.

Also, Bell started half the games in 2024 and I believe played in all of them. Coming into 2025, he obviously wasn’t a finished product but there was a ton of good he did at this level the year prior. He was the least experienced kid coming into 2025 on the whole line. That experience for a 2026 kid would make him about the most experienced kid on the line.

I fully expect Alex to put out a good OL. I’m not worried. I just know, for a fact, we have a QB, RBs, and WRs good enough to win a national championship. I’m not sure we have an OL to hit quite that ceiling. Adding a Markel Bell to this current group would probably have me convinced. But he’s not here, so we gotta go kill everyone with who we got.
We do, Jacob Hawks, 6'9 330lbs
 
We had a good Online that pushed around a formidable Celmson front in 2023.

View attachment 369227

This is really the only argument needed to completely shatter this narrative that the Oline might be a weak point for us for two reasons.

1. When The Maribros dont have a guy to play they go out and get them. See Cohen and Lee. We didnt really go out and get anything this off season

2. If the Maribros decide a guy can play young they are correct.

About 915 ET on 9/4 once the nation gwts to see this Oline play live Miami's odds to win the title and Mensah's odds to win the Heisman will go up
I mean 4 of these starters are on NFL rosters lol

And Cohen was a grown *** man
And McCormick was a 57 year old blocking vet
 
I was being selfish and saying I wish we had another year of Bell at his current form. One more experienced, sure-fire NFL kid would make me feel a lot better.

Also, Bell started half the games in 2024 and I believe played in all of them. Coming into 2025, he obviously wasn’t a finished product but there was a ton of good he did at this level the year prior. He was the least experienced kid coming into 2025 on the whole line. That experience for a 2026 kid would make him about the most experienced kid on the line.

I fully expect Alex to put out a good OL. I’m not worried. I just know, for a fact, we have a QB, RBs, and WRs good enough to win a national championship. I’m not sure we have an OL to hit quite that ceiling. Adding a Markel Bell to this current group would probably have me convinced. But he’s not here, so we gotta go kill everyone with who we got.
We do, Jacob Hawks, 6'9 330lbs
Thought he was injured?
 
That was a thing? Mario will die before our oline is our weakness again. That’s insane to even think it’s a weakness ever now.
I think it was Maribel who once said “I’ll saw both my arms off before the Oline is the weakest link on the team” … yeah I’m not sweating it they’ll figure it out…
I remember him saying that and thought to myself well I’ll just not worry about the oline anymore. Lmao
 
We had a good Online that pushed around a formidable Celmson front in 2023.

View attachment 369227

This is really the only argument needed to completely shatter this narrative that the Oline might be a weak point for us for two reasons.

1. When The Maribros dont have a guy to play they go out and get them. See Cohen and Lee. We didnt really go out and get anything this off season

2. If the Maribros decide a guy can play young they are correct.

About 915 ET on 9/4 once the nation gwts to see this Oline play live Miami's odds to win the title and Mensah's odds to win the Heisman will go up
I agree but 80% of that line had a ton of reps in college.
 
The temperament of this team is so far and away different than the manny richt teams. I know D is trying to be nice to AR on the pod but my god it’s stark

Even the video of our guys tackling that cylindrical pad is different from that tackling style manny taught. Our boys are taught to hit the guy square in his jaw and keep their legs pumping and lift him and suplex his ***
 
I mean 4 of these starters are on NFL rosters lol

And Cohen was a grown *** man
And McCormick was a 57 year old blocking vet
Lol, at this time 2023, 3 of them were far from proven NFL draft picks.

Rivers: transitioning to LT from LG, similar to what McCoy is doing this season.

Coop: true sophomore who started as a true freshman because the roster was trash. On this current roster, he probably redshirts as a true freshman.

Francis: true freshman, same situation as Jackson this season.

If anything, your comment proves the exact point he is making. This coaching staff develops offensive linemen at an elite level and will consistently have one of the best offensive lines in the country.

The talent on this current offensive line is far superior, top to bottom, to what was on the roster in 2023. And now you’re giving the best offensive line coach in the nation significantly more talent to develop.

They’re going to dominate, just like they’ve dominated every year since 2023.
 
My main concern is the center position and that won’t change until I see us play Clemson. If Rodriguez is just an above-average ACC center, this offense is going to the ******* moon.
My favorite OL. All ACC, maybe Rimington contention. Not even joking. Healthy, smart, talented, experienced & hungry. Love that he never transferred. He will kill it.
 
Back
Top