I Never Thought I'd Say This, But This Guy

I told everyone from the beginning not to sleep on a guy who used to cuddle a real life Teddy Rat and drank and showered with the same diarrhea water. The dude is gigantic and was athletic enough to come to the U.S. to play basketball. All those factors combined made it highly probable that he'd succeed.

Advertisement
Good thread, Sonny has indeed done much better than we could have anticipated. But the Noles, Hokies and Clemson still lies ahead. Will be interesting to see how he handles athletes that are on par with him.

Exactly...

Good thread, Sonny has indeed done much better than we could have anticipated. But the Noles, Hokies and Clemson still lies ahead. Will be interesting to see how he handles athletes that are on par with him.

Watch only #66 in this video. BRO..

[video=youtube;zrt1j5x04iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrt1j5x04iU[/video]

Advertisement
i watched the video. he got beat twice, never resulting in a sack. he blocked his man and picked up a blitzer twice. he dominated the entire game.

kehoe sucks.

It's not the guys that's dumb enough to Bull-Rush Sonny that I'm worried about, it's those guys that are savy, and will throw a few head-fakes in the mix; to make him think wrong, to end up with a free shot at the QB!

Still, kid has come along way!! He'll continue to get better, because he wants it!!

Advertisement
CRAZY! the dude went from the worst scholarship athlete I've ever seen
Ever heard of Ian Symonnette?

I'm in. Thought he'd get exposed by Nebraska and get yanked by now. Kehoe earning his money and Sonny is coming along.

Watch only #66 in this video. BRO..

[video=youtube;zrt1j5x04iU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrt1j5x04iU[/video]

he did a decent job. IMO he lets people into his body too much. He does get off balance and there were a couple of plays where he was borderline/ got away with being the illegal man down field.

He is extremely athletic and many times is running down field on a pass play. Hopefully we can get a good coaching staff in here to really develop him to his max potential

I told everyone from the beginning not to sleep on a guy who used to cuddle a real life Teddy Rat and drank and showered with the same diarrhea water. The dude is gigantic and was athletic enough to come to the U.S. to play basketball. All those factors combined made it highly probable that he'd succeed.

Ah, stereotyping. Great.

Advertisement
U realize that this may be interpreted as a positive post?
Don't you?

Oh crap. Well maybe this one time we can let it go. This kid has been one of my favorites. Every picture of him that first year had him with food in his hand. Dude came in hungry. Maybe he has finally gotten enough to eat and is playing ball. He has a lot of upside and will get a lot of NFL looks with Brad at QB.

I never understood why people thought that Sonny was going to struggle. He is going against Chad, AQM, and Kamalu in practice. Not saying those guys are all first rounders, but most consider AQM and Chad our two best defensive lineman.

Advertisement
is starting to look like he's got some real potential. I want to see how he holds up during the meat of the ACC schedule since we've played some of the worst defense America has to offer, but going back and watching some highlights, he's looked a lot better than I expected.

He looks awesome in pass protection and he's really ****ing athletic for how big he is. I couldn't believe how well he moved and how long his arms were. He's a son of a bltch to get around and did a great job protecting Kaaya in that Nebraska game, I thought. He was stoning people and moving his feet insanely well for a 6'8'' Nigerian.

Vs the run he seems to lean sometimes and get off balance, but I have to admit, pleasantly surprised so far, hope he continues to improve. We'll see what he's got coming up.

View attachment 32022

I heard trent dilfer say something pretty interesting yesterday, the reason the OL play in the NFL is so bad is because linemenare now being taught to only move sideways and backwards in college, and are having issues blocking moving forward with aggression, it made me think of our guys and what you mentioned about Sunny. tHE SPREAD IS CHANGING HOW LINEMEN ARE DEVLOPED

always thought he was athletic for his size. just needs to put in a lot of work to learn the position.

Would you have not been as surprised if he was a 6 foot 8 Kenyan moving his feet that well?

Advertisement
Back