I liken this D to 91's D

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
- Great starting Secondary thick with experience and ability.
- Stud, experienced LB corp with a stud MLB as the anchor for the whole D.
- Solid, but not elite, DT's who make plays, do their jobs and set up...
- Spectacular DE's!

Seriously, 91's D was absolution suffocating and they are the only one that didn't have all world DT's, but the other 9 were so spectacular and they were so well coached, that it simply didn't matter.

And, our DT's DO have an opportunity to be spectacular, so if that happens....WOOO DOGGIEE!!!!

Advertisement
That '91 team is one of the main reasons why I love the program. Exciting in all three phases of the game, speed everywhere and swagger like no other team on earth.

Advertisement
That '91 team is one of the main reasons why I love the program. Exciting in all three phases of the game, speed everywhere and swagger like no other team on earth.

I seem to recall that, late in the season, our punt team had given up negative yardage to the opposition on PR’s. I tried looking that up this week but couldn’t find it. But I know I have it on tape, it was put up during a telecast and I’m pretty sure it was that 91 squad. It was astounding.

ahahaha. hahahahahahaha. Oh my god. I liken this D to 2017 D minus a couple of D lineman who left for the draft early.....

Advertisement
ahahaha. hahahahahahaha. Oh my god. I liken this D to 2017 D minus a couple of D lineman who left for the draft early.....
To be fair, there is an addition of 4 DTs who have the potential to be as good or better than those two that left.

Advertisement
Who on the 91 DL or Secondary do they start over??

Exactly , zero chance any start over those studs. Might not even make second team.

People need to quit trying to compare everyone to historically great teams , or players. Everyone is a goat now or would start on said team.

This defense is nowhere in the all time greats stratosphere’s.

Nobody, at least not right now........you know, for today's opener. That may change as the course of the season goes on, but right now the OP looks like a lunatic.
Those guys on the 89-92 DLs were loaded with 1st Team AAs...and a HOFer....Tez...Patrick...Curry...Maryland...Krein...Medearis...etc...Our current DL isn't even in the 94 DL (Sapp...Holmes...Lang...Riley etc..) Discussion..

To be fair, there is an addition of 4 DTs who have the potential to be as good or better than those two that left.
That’s what I keep thinking. It’s not like we lost Jerome Brown and Warren Sapp. We lost two guys that will do nothing at the next level.

Advertisement
- Great starting Secondary thick with experience and ability.
- Stud, experienced LB corp with a stud MLB as the anchor for the whole D.
- Solid, but not elite, DT's who make plays, do their jobs and set up...
- Spectacular DE's!

Seriously, 91's D was absolution suffocating and they are the only one that didn't have all world DT's, but the other 9 were so spectacular and they were so well coached, that it simply didn't matter.

And, our DT's DO have an opportunity to be spectacular, so if that happens....WOOO DOGGIEE!!!!

Wow.

That defense gave up 100 points, 8 TD's, in 12 games.
Beat 4 top-ten teams.
National Champion defense.

Would love to have this come to fruition, but....
We going there now? Before game 1?

Those guys on the 89-92 DLs were loaded with 1st Team AAs...and a HOFer....Tez...Patrick...Curry...Maryland...Krein...Medearis...etc...Our current DL isn't even in the 94 DL (Sapp...Holmes...Lang...Riley etc..) Discussion..

I agree, at this time. Having said that, you never know how things will end up down the road.

The delusion is real folks.

This d is almost the same personnel (possibly worse), the same scheme, and the same coaches (minus our most acclaimed coach), as last years defense which wasnt even top 25 all time Miami defenses.

The team is the same as last year. Why we suddenly expect to be Clemson or Bama is beyond me.

Advertisement
Back