I Know We Got PTSD, But THIS IS OUR QUARTERBACK!

TruCane81

Senior

“This is Houdini!”

You can’t help but be excited about the potential of this offense. We have never seen a guy like this under center here. He is EXACTLY what the hype said he is.

I wanted to see more of the rhythm short passing game to get our quarterback and receivers more polish and confidence. However, I cannot argue with Diaz, Lashlee, and Co deciding to commit to the run and set the stage for creating a physical, hard-nosed mentality for this team. We have struggled with criticisms of our toughness and we took the fight to a physical, disciplined football. We literally crushed them at their stronghold and beat them at their strength.

It wasn’t perfect, but it was a universe away from what we witnessed in the debacle of the bowl game.

Diaz and his crew showed me something, because we could have easily strutted out there, embarrassed ourselves and endured 60 minutes of pure calamity. I can’t lie. I am always high on this team, but in the back of my mind I was worried Diaz had lost control of this thing and find a way to lose this game. At the very least, he proved to have us pointed in the right direction after a tumultuous season and crazy off season.

When we need points, Lashlee used the short passing game and running game in tandem to march down the field and put the game away. It gives me confidence to know he is aware of what’s going on in the game and can dial up what is needed and when it is needed.

I hope that trend continues because if we get clicking, we can ABSOLUTELY take down Clemson and everyone else on this schedule.

Take a knee and give tribute to The King. This kid is just what we need to get reprieve from the misery of the last two decades.

Advertisement

“This is Houdini!”

You can’t help but be excited about the potential of this offense. We have never seen a guy like this under center here. He is EXACTLY what the hype said he is.

I wanted to see more of the rhythm short passing game to get our quarterback and receivers more polish and confidence. However, I cannot argue with Diaz, Lashlee, and Co deciding to commit to the run and set the stage for creating a physical, hard-nosed mentality for this team. We have struggled with criticisms of our toughness and we took the fight to a physical, disciplined football. We literally crushed them at their stronghold and beat them at their strength.

It wasn’t perfect, but it was a universe away from what we witnessed in the debacle of the bowl game.

Diaz and his crew showed me something, because we could have easily strutted out there, embarrassed ourselves and endured 60 minutes of pure calamity. I can’t lie. I am always high on this team, but in the back of my mind I was worried Diaz had lost control of this thing and find a way to lose this game. At the very least, he proved to have us pointed in the right direction after a tumultuous season and crazy off season.

When we need points, Lashlee used the short passing game and running game in tandem to march down the field and put the game away. It gives me confidence to know he is aware of what’s going on in the game and can dial up what is needed and when it is needed.

I hope that trend continues because if we get clicking, we can ABSOLUTELY take down Clemson and everyone else on this schedule.

Take a knee and give tribute to The King. This kid is just what we need to get reprieve from the misery of the last two decades.

Eye knead four know mane. Butt aye due appreciate King.

I think he did what he needed to do for his first game back. They got on a roll passing the ball in the 3rd qtr, but I think the coaches saw something with the running game so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They will probably run the ball a lot this game as well just looking at their D-line. They are on the smaller side so we should get some good push out of our linemen. They do blitz a lot so all we need is one missed tackle and it's to the house.

Advertisement
I think he did what he needed to do for his first game back. They got on a roll passing the ball in the 3rd qtr, but I think the coaches saw something with the running game so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. They will probably run the ball a lot this game as well just looking at their D-line. They are on the smaller side so we should get some good push out of our linemen. They do blitz a lot so all we need is one missed tackle and it's to the house.

Run to set up the deep ball on PA. Cam even specifically alluded to that in the post-game presser.

“This is Houdini!”

Far too positive, please lock thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is an incredible athlete, his accuracy will need to improve greatly for us to have a chance during ACC play, including this week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back