I Know We Got PTSD, But THIS IS OUR QUARTERBACK!

He also put one right on Brevin's hands between 3 defenders.
Brevin dropped that cause he just was not used to such pinpoint quarterback play. Not one of his other three quarterbacks from years prior makes that throw. What’s funny is everyone focused on kings running But the guy has a strong arm with a quick release

Advertisement
Couple times we faked the Jet Sweep to Harley. I wanna see us actually give it to his sometimes because once in the redzone we had a TD on that play if Harley gets the ball.

Advertisement
Brevin dropped that cause he just was not used to such pinpoint quarterback play. Not one of his other three quarterbacks from years prior makes that throw. What’s funny is everyone focused on kings running But the guy has a strong arm with a quick release
the ball was tipped at the last minute by one of the defenders which threw off the trajectory and timing a bit. otherwise, he probably catches it.

Good stuff, OP. Glad to see not everyone on here is some miserable pale goth puke who hasn't had a drop of vitamin D in 30 years.

The future's bright. You never want your first game to be your best. Remember last year's first drive of the season? We all had visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads. Then, it was all downhill after that. King left some plays on the field, but I'm confident he'll get more comfortable the more he plays.

And his demeanor is off the charts. When's the last time we had a leader like him at the QB spot? Berlin?

Advertisement
Far too positive, please lock thread
On the first scramble he didn't go through his reads and to only gain like 30 yards when you or I would have scored. I threw me mouse.
On the outs I think velocity is questionable but I am just comparing him with the arm strength of you and I
Wide receivers made him look good and were wide open
On the goal line 1 yard run...I mean I am a tad taller than Danny Devito and no **it I fall forward for 1.5 yards
2021 recruiting needs to really pick up the pace

Better? Oh...Baker, Ivey, Rumph, Patwhatever...you know.

Just kidding it is nice to get some positive posting! Just hope we improve each game and never quit.

Run to set up the deep ball on PA. Cam even specifically alluded to that in the post-game presser.

I like that approach, but I think we will be more accurate with those deep balls if we establish a habit of not letting the ball hit the ground using easy throws and catches.

We want to go from a struggling offense to a high octane deep ball attack overnight. It won’t happen and has bit us in the *** since Richt got here.

That route combo with Wiggins and Brevin that got Brevin open for the touchdown was beautiful. When is the last time we scored a touchdown on a rub route concept?

Those type plays that give the quarterback two or three receivers immediately breaking open in the quarterback’s vision window will keep us ahead of the chains and make the run even more effective.

It takes pressure off the quarterback and offensive line and will give the receivers a chance to grow. Fans been talking bad about the receivers, but I can’t recall Wiggins, Harley, or Pope dropping a single pass. That is a BIG F*CKING DEAL!

Advertisement
Kid is an incredible athlete, his accuracy will need to improve greatly for us to have a chance during ACC play, including this week.

Not really. Accuracy is irrelevant if it isn't resulting in TDs. If goes 5 for 20 passing, but all 5 completions are TD passes, are you going to complain about accuracy? Taking into account Kings "bad" 4 games last year, if you project out his stats, his numbers would have broken Miami records for Total TDs, QB rushing TDs, and QB rushing yards. His accuracy is good enough for Miami to be acc championship contenders as long as he keeps scoring TDs.

Kid is an incredible athlete, his accuracy will need to improve greatly for us to have a chance during ACC play, including this week.
He’s actually incredibly accurate. He missed some gimmes but that was just him being rusty. The deep ball is his best ball as well. He’s here to show who he is as a passer don’t worry it’s coming

He would have had over 300 yards of total offense if he hadn't handed off every read option

looked to be by design tbh. some of it was too obvious. either they didnt want him running it for tape reasons and/or health reasons

Advertisement
Not really. Accuracy is irrelevant if it isn't resulting in TDs. If goes 5 for 20 passing, but all 5 completions are TD passes, are you going to complain about accuracy? Taking into account Kings "bad" 4 games last year, if you project out his stats, his numbers would have broken Miami records for Total TDs, QB rushing TDs, and QB rushing yards. His accuracy is good enough for Miami to be acc championship contenders as long as he keeps scoring TDs.

you dont need to be a 70 percent passer to win in college. its very heavily based on the system theyre in. lashlee runs a QB friendly system and as long as he makes plays, well be okay. fwiw, the last time he played, he finished the year as a 64 percent or so passer which is good enough if you combine it with his playmaking abilities

How many NFL caliber quarterbacks have we really had? Kelly, Kosar, Vinny. In the other successful years we had game managers who put the ball in the hands of the play makers. Only one game but it looks like he has excellent game management skills in addition to athletic ability. Other players feed off that. First game in over a year I will take his accuracy based off the last few years any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

He’s actually incredibly accurate. He missed some gimmes but that was just him being rusty. The deep ball is his best ball as well. He’s here to show who he is as a passer don’t worry it’s coming
giphy (6).gif

Advertisement
Back