I know it's hard to be patient with recruiting, but...

Advertisement
Wake me in December…
In a way this seems kinda lazy but I feel the same way

Too much changes during the season

I will just say this: I don’t care how many commitments we have right now, this is by far the most confident I’ve been in years when it comes to our final class

I expect a big season and I love the recruiting upgrades we’ve made to this staff

It’s going to work out

Advertisement
Most rationale fans who have followed recruiting for years should not be upset at losing Spells and Durant. What they are upset about is that we have just 3 commits so far and all of them are out-of-state.

I understand we are chasing bigger fish higher up on our board and these cats don't commit until much later in the recruiting cycle. However, we do not have a history of finishing strong. In fact, our track record is to get out of the gates extremely strong and limp across the finish line.

It will be interesting to see what this class looks like midway thru the season. I have no clue right now.
Whoa. Deja vu. Feel like I read this verbatim 10 years ago

Here are my Top 5 current thoughts, some in conflict with others:

1. Covid is ******** with this class just as much if not more than last class. So historical norms are not good indicators of what's going to happen.

2. Just because Covid helped us last year doesn't mean it's going to help us this class.

3. The overwhelming majority of So FL kids that commit to Miami do so prior to their senior season. The only real exception to the rule over the past 10-15 years that I can remember was the Tracy Howard class under Golden during his honeymoon recruiting season. The fact we're post-Paradise and in July would be a major red flag in any other year.

4. Manny's staff is going after very top players, going head to head with nearly every top team but Bama. These tend to commit later, and he's gong to lose more of those battles so needs a deeper board. But the Plan 1B and Plan B kids don't want to be second fiddle, and certainly don't want to wait to commit, so are less enthusiastic about Miami.

5. I'll really start worrying if Graves and Tolan don't announce for us

Recruiting is frigging hard.

Advertisement
I’m not but there are plenty on here who are saying that they are really worried. Trolls love that.
Yep and guys fall for the same sHT every year.

if it was just Manny saying we had a bunch of silents it would be one thing but we have players saying the same thing and I trust their network as much as I do the coaches …just me.

I like the fact we are aiming for the big fruit higher up in the tree but it takes a little longer for those big fruits to ripen and fall…I’d rather be where we are now as opposed to having 15 kids committed with all of them being 3* or worse.

Advertisement
I’m not but there are plenty on here who are saying that they are really worried. Trolls love that.

You can thank FSU and the Bissainthe episode for stoking the fires there. Also, part of the reason is the good intentions of guys like Brad some other posters who thought we were out ahead on some of the big names coming out of the Cookout and early June officials. I don't think it's all Troll manufactured. But, yeah, trolls love the drama.

Advertisement
Wait, Alabama only has 9 commits! They must be having a meltdown and calling for Saban's head.
6 more than us… their taking what 24 this class with the transfer Tenn LB… so their at 40% of their classes capacity already.

We are at 3 of 18 which is what 16%? Lol

Diaz better stop pretending he’s Alabama and get some kids locked in while chasing other kids.. because if their looking we’re looking but don’t get caught chasing a dime and miss on two 8s because your standards are too high and leave the bar with a 6.

Advertisement
Back