I know its been discussed in other threads, BUT

Cant rely just on freshman though next year. Have to find 2 portal guys that can make instant impact. This offense needs all the help it can get

Advertisement
Hard to convince elite 5* receivers to pick Miami when they see offenses at Bama, Ohio State, USC (now), and other teams with explosive offenses.

It may take a local kid whose dream school is Miami, like Duke Johnson. Or, a kid whose waits and slots fill up at the usual suspects.
How do you run an explosive offense with no explosive players at the wr spot.

Hard to convince elite 5* receivers to pick Miami when they see offenses at Bama, Ohio State, USC (now), and other teams with explosive offenses.

It may take a local kid whose dream school is Miami, like Duke Johnson. Or, a kid whose waits and slots fill up at the usual suspects.
Maybe I just don't understand football, but I really can't see what's so unattractive about this offence.

As a WR you're going to be singled up an AWFUL lot. Win your matchup and you can put up huge numbers. Isn't that what they all want to do? Beat the man in-front of them.

We threw the ball 40 times against 8&4, if anything that was too much as they couldn't stop the run.

Maybe I just don't understand football, but I really can't see what's so unattractive about this offence.

As a WR you're going to be singled up an AWFUL lot. Win your matchup and you can put up huge numbers. Isn't that what they all want to do? Beat the man in-front of them.

We threw the ball 40 times against 8&4, if anything that was too much as they couldn't stop the run.
I don‘t disagree, but if I’m an elite WR with offers from Bama, Ohio State, USC (now), or a few others I’m maybe not looking at Miami. WRs from all three schools I mentioned went in the first round the past few drafts and were scoring touchdowns this past Sunday and Monday.

Last edited:
So one game for OSU isn’t a barometer but it is for Gattis offense? His pedigree is pretty solid as far as the receivers he’s developed and put in the league but that doesn’t matter right? His offense last year led the nation in +50 yard plays and racked up 6200 yards of total offense guess that doesn’t matter either?
LOL Hartline ***** on Gattis as a WR coach. it isnt even close either

Advertisement
If we keep F-ing up Offensively...it'll be a nightmare to hold on to the Washington Brothers.
Thanks for always keeping it real, brother! As with every last hire for the past 17 years, too many posters are willfully blind to the issues that have plagued each of the prior 5 coaching staffs.

LCE warned us before the season started that he thought we would be a bro style offense, with a much improved running game, but a huge question mark regarding what Gattis and Mario were gonna run as a passing scheme.

Cribby and DMoney have both been sounding the alarm about the slow developing routes (which we’ve seen the last 2 weeks), and the lack of RPO’s and rhythm throws, which are TVD’s strengths. Yet, these posters refuse to see the facts for what they are.

I want Mario and Gattis to succeed as much as anyone, but don’t see it happening with this Stone Age passing game. Mario should have already been hitting his coaching circles hard, and bring in a passing game co-ordinator. If they insist on running this scheme, I’m in full agreement with you that we will not be landing any of our remaining targets at WR.

Saturday was an embarrassment of epic proportions, no matter how anyone else tries to spin it.

Kids today, especially the elite ones do their homework, and are smart.

Miami hasn’t put WRs in the league for years.. Offense, up until last year has been trash for the last 15+ years.

Gattis hasn’t done anything as a OC showing he gets dudes the ball on a consistent bases. Not having the talent or not.. all the kids see is a dude that like running the ball mostly.. these are just facts.

So when the elite guys are comparing us to the Bama/OSU/UGA/ now USC.. you can’t blame them when they continue to over look us..

They just want to play in a proven system that gets them the ball, and ultimately in the league.

Single coverage, but that's nothing special.

The first real team we played, mind you I'm not saying good team, they had two safeties back patrolling the field. We never forced them out of it and that 100 percent is on the OC.

We threw the ball thay much because we were trailing in the game. Check the red zone, not one pass into the actual end zone and that's absolutely pathetic. Even if you aren't going to trust your receivers, get a match-up advantage with your TE or even back into TD territory. **** was a mess and the most conservative, if not downright pathetic, play calling I've ever seen from a Miami team.

By the way, I'm not saying you don't understand football, just touching on a few things. Have a good one.

Advertisement

Miami hasn’t put WRs in the league for years.. Offense, up until last year has been trash for the last 15+ years.

Gattis hasn’t done anything as a OC showing he gets dudes the ball on a consistent bases. Not having the talent or not.. all the kids see is a dude that like running the ball mostly.. these are just facts.

So when the elite guys are comparing us to the Bama/OSU/UGA/ now USC.. you can’t blame them when they continue to over look us..

They just want to play in a proven system that gets them the ball, and ultimately in the league.

All of that.

I just wanted to add, I've been saying this for years, technology has shrunk the world. What I mean by that is that going away to college also used to mean there were games your family and friends wouldn't ever get to see. Now, it's all out there for the P5 schools.

In addition to that, texts, calls without minute restrictions, video chats, social media, etc has shrunk it even more.

Add in NIL, money to fly out whomever wants to come, going away just isn't the same. You're no longer restricted to regional games or having to go to a bar to watch your kid play.

So going away versus staying local, it isn't a big deal. Those teams blowing up the scoreboard, you can watch them too rather than watching us or other in state and regional teams suck it up. Switch the channel, watch something exciting. Watch the game later if you missed it, etc.

They know what's going on if they want to.

If the 5*/4*+ HS elites aren’t signing with Miami the staff needs to be spot on with evaluations and coaching up the WR room.

This past April a receiver from SOUTH DAKOTA STATE was a first round pick.

The players are out there.
I’d counter by saying Riley Williams is right up there as an elite kid, and Joseph and Washington are dogs. We as fans expected us to land at least one of these 5 star receivers. We won’t. Maybe they land another high school stud. No one thought Citizen was gonna pick us. Or go portal for a couple.

Advertisement
I’d counter by saying Riley Williams is right up there as an elite kid, and Joseph and Washington are dogs. We as fans expected us to land at least one of these 5 star receivers. We won’t. Maybe they land another high school stud. No one thought Citizen was gonna pick us. Or go portal for a couple.
Isn't Riley Williams a TE? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Miami hasn't had issues recruiting TEs. The Canes are still placing tight ends in the league.

David Njoku, Brevin Jordan...

Would not surprise me if Mallory made the league and has a nice career. He's been inconsistent and dogged with minor injuries, but he has skills.

Advertisement

Miami hasn't had issues recruiting TEs. The Canes are still placing tight ends in the league.

Would not surprise me if Mallory made the league and has a nice career. He's been inconsistent and dogged with minor injuries, but he has skills.
Yes he is a tight end! However, he has skills where he can make a bigger difference then Mallory over the middle. Mallory is a nice tight end. Williams is a big 6-6 250 pound matchup nightmare. We lack that. Also the kid from up here is gonna surprise people also. But I think with Williams, Skinner, Restrepo, George, Washington and Joseph. That’s a nice group that can be versatile and do different things to help.

Herndon too

No one is criticizing or questioning the kids for choosing OSU, Bama, etc. Its the elite kids and "fans" claiming they need to see more from the Miami offense, and then committing to Florida, A&M, etc. which have shown less than we have, that are the issue.

Advertisement
Back