I know its been discussed in other threads, BUT

I keep hearing about keeping the WR talent home. What defines if a guy is talented or not? Going in the 1st round? Being a good/great WR in a system? The reason I ask is because, upon further review, we have put a grand total of 7 WR into the 1st round since 1983.

Advertisement
we flopped big time in front of two targets Saturday night.

its an uphill battle. gotta hit the portal hard this spring
Did we? Because all I hear in all these threads is “ we are a running team” tell me why we threw the ball 41 times to their 20? We need a grown dude outside

Did we? Because all I hear in all these threads is “ we are a running team” tell me why we threw the ball 41 times to their 20? We need a grown dude outside
for the 10000 time - it isn tabour the number of times we pass. its the concepts we ******* run in the pass game. everyone w eyes can see everything is congested out there and no one looks comfortable (not the QB nor the receivers). we haven't used our tight ends well either.

for the 10000 time - it isn tabour the number of times we pass. its the concepts we ******* run in the pass game.

And that’s what I was looking for someone with a brain to say!!! Agree a million percent! Gattis needs to adapt or go back to the big ten

Advertisement
lol funny part is his old team doesn't want him back either
My boy is a Michigan fan! He said if you want explosive recruit a running back with receiver skills and tight ends. I figured dude has to adapt with the Speed he can recruit. He said just watch. Mario hopefully is smart enough to fix mistakes with the check book he has. Heck, Butch fired his DC. **** happens.

That a a really optimistic take, sell, or whatever.

The other schools would dismantle it completely and simply point to what they're doing as well as proven results. Draft wise and numbers wise, they (Mario and Gattis) don't hold a candle and there's multiple years of evidence for the schools we all know with draft picks to back it up.

Decent devils advocate though for sure. Man, if I'm the parent of a recruit, I'm doing major due diligence. Right now, if my son was an elite receiever. It would suck, but I'd suggest elsewhere.
If sofla kids wouldn’t be such sell outs we’d have a bunch of draft picks too.

Advertisement
Is there any chance for us to circle back on Innis and/or Hykeem Williams? Both would be Day 1 difference makers I think.

Didn’t Michigan’s (Gattis/Harbaugh) offense last year lead the country in 50+ yard plays (17)? 3200 yards passing and 3000 yards rushing.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Let's also ignore the fact that we threw the ball 41 times against 8&4 b/c "all we do is run and what WR would want to have 7+ targets per game like Redding/Smith had".

Don’t know. How many WRs has Michigan sent to the NFL in the past 4-5 seasons? Compared to Bama, USC, and Ohio State…

They sent 2 to the NFL, 3rd round and 6th while he was there.

It's not really any better at his prior stops.

If sofla kids wouldn’t be such sell outs we’d have a bunch of draft picks too.

What have we had to sell them in previous years?

The question now is, what do we have to sell them as well? Gotta show it.

When your future is determined to some degree by where you take your talent, you better come correct and show me how you're going to maximize my talent.

The season isn't written, but this last game was a big stage to market the team. Two weeks ago we were praising guys for catching literally everything, now they can't catch and the OC isn't the problem. Talent level changed, windows got smaller, but if you're the OC and WR coach, your unit better perform. It didn't, so here we are.

Calling recruits sell outs is dumb as ****. Were all the out of state talent we had on good teams sell outs to their local or state schools? No, **** no, they wanted to go somewhere, compete, and win games or championships. If you can do it locally, even better, but you gotta show them that's a possibility.

Advertisement
What have we had to sell them in previous years?

The question now is, what do we have to sell them as well? Gotta show it.

When your future is determined to some degree by where you take your talent, you better come correct and show me how you're going to maximize my talent.

The season isn't written, but this last game was a big stage to market the team. Two weeks ago we were praising guys for catching literally everything, now they can't catch and the OC isn't the problem. Talent level changed, windows got smaller, but if you're the OC and WR coach, your unit better perform. It didn't, so here we are.

Calling recruits sell outs is dumb as ****. Were all the out of state talent we had on good teams sell outs to their local or state schools? No, **** no, they wanted to go somewhere, compete, and win games or championships. If you can do it locally, even better, but you gotta show them that's a possibility.
100%….and let’s not forget the bag game at Bama and others.

I still wouldn’t label a kid who left SoFla for greener pastures a sellout. Most of us would do the same.

They sent 2 to the NFL, 3rd round and 6th while he was there.

It's not really any better at his prior stops.
Of course. The elite went to Bama (where Gattis was for a spell), Ohio State, Clemson.

Michigan recruiting you also have to look at Harbaugh. His biggest failing, until perhaps this season, is not having an elite QB.

Advertisement
Yes, one year at Bama and it got him a promotion.

Harbaugh, it's strange how some coaches who played whatever position have a hard *** time finding a star at their playing position. His lack of success in thay department is almost Randy Shannon's level. At least as a head coach.

Yes, one year at Bama and it got him a promotion.

Harbaugh, it's strange how some coaches who played whatever position have a hard *** time finding a star at their playing position. His lack of success in thay department is almost Randy Shannon's level. At least as a head coach.
He must have lucked into Andrew Luck at Stanford.

My boy is a Michigan fan! He said if you want explosive recruit a running back with receiver skills and tight ends. I figured dude has to adapt with the Speed he can recruit. He said just watch. Mario hopefully is smart enough to fix mistakes with the check book he has. Heck, Butch fired his DC. **** happens.
His DC and personal friend for many yrs...

Advertisement
Back