I knew it was over when.

Everyone has their own perception of the game but when Manny called for the second made field goal down at the goal was a major signal to the team it was only about style points. There was way too much time in the game to send that signal to a team that was trying. You have to at least say with your play calling that you're in it to win it.

Advertisement
Just picked up a 1st down. It was 2nd and 5 from I believe the 40 in the 1st quarter down 7-0. We jump early turns to 2nd and 10 and we run the ball twice right into the middle of the defense. Same old canes in big games on the road. We just aren’t that team anymore
I knew it was over went out west ABC stuck with whatever game was on before hand and because I had to DVR it I missed the first 10 minutes when I came back shortly there after. Nothing ever goes right when we play a big game

Honestly, when they ran out of the tunnel. Bama came out to the U smoke and ours didn’t get going until the last guys were clearing the old football helmet. Crowd noise was minimal. That stadium does not carry noise that well. I was mostly surrounded by Bama fans and the loudest it go the whole game was the 95 yard TD (look for the hold on Mcloud which was obvious from where I was). There was no passion from the get go. Can’t wait to get back to HardRock where we can execute and not be massively overmatched by our next opponents.

Advertisement
Just picked up a 1st down. It was 2nd and 5 from I believe the 40 in the 1st quarter down 7-0. We jump early turns to 2nd and 10 and we run the ball twice right into the middle of the defense. Same old canes in big games on the road. We just aren’t that team anymore
The coin was flipped.

I knew we were in over heads when I saw them walking into the stadium dressed in suits looking like seasoned pros, it was just a business trip for them..they’re literally a semi pro team while we’re running a mom and pop outfit, we were completely out of our depth against them

Advertisement
I officially gave up the minute we are down 7-0 and we run two straight plays on 2-7 and 3-7 and obviously failed

Pretty much the same... when our guys were missing tackles left and right to start the game and our offense came out conservative, I knew it would be a long day and we weren't trying to win but just keep it close.

It ****es me off because we have nothing to lose so we should play like it. We played scared from the beginning to end and the play calling and game plan was horrible and very few adjustments were made.

Everyone has their own perception of the game but when Manny called for the second made field goal down at the goal was a major signal to the team it was only about style points. There was way too much time in the game to send that signal to a team that was trying. You have to at least say with your play calling that you're in it to win it.

True, but if they fail to convert on 4th down there's just too much field to defend and not sure they wanted to give up another 90+ yrd touchdown pass

yes! Then on the very next drive down 10-0 they ran the ball two straight times up the middle and put King in 3rd and 8! Four straight runs up the middle when the game was already teetering! That told me right there the coaches did not believe they could win this game. The only way they were even going to be close was to open it up right out of the mother fu….. gate. They also didn’t take any of their 3 TOS (until it was too late) when they were driving at the end of the half. Settling for a FG.
My real time thought was we gameplanned to hold the score down.

My real time thought was we gameplanned to hold the score down.

Silver lining, yes? I know Saban shutting down the passing game after his QB broke a single game passing record had somewhat of an effect. But, had it not been for the entire off-season of preparation by our team and staff, they very well could have put more points on the board

Advertisement
I know why people love to **** on Jobe, but he's pretty **** good. You have to be to start there. He would start here.
I agree. I just don’t believe that any CB in college football should be able to tackle Cam Harris one on one freshly off of shedding a block. It was pathetic. Jobe was in the disadvantaged position and still brought him down.

Advertisement

NO.

We didn't run the ball twice into the middle of the defense.

WE ran the ball twice into the middle of the ALA-FRIKKING-BAMA defense - who everyone else in the entire universe - knows better than!

Maybe forgot ONCE! But then did the same, stupid **** again!

Hurry up on the two yard line? What did we do??? Same STUPID thing!

If King had stutter stepped and faked the middle - they loaded up instantly - but six feet either way off the center - only one linebacker.

And I know more about fornicating than I do about football!

When Lashlee called that run play on 3rd and 7 early, I looked at my girl and said "It's over, they don't think they can do it". The players knew that their coaches didn't think they could compete and you saw this team completely tank it. Miami had momentum, and after the penalty, Lashlee wussed out. Instead of saying "Hey, we have nothing to lose, I'm coaching like that", Lashlee coached like the midmajor darling he is. He isn't a big boy playcaller, he doesn't have the courage to do what needs to be done.

Advertisement
Back