I knew it was over when.

Advertisement
...when the opening Alabama drive the Canes gave up chunky passing yards. Winning this game was predicated on stopping the run AND having our corners/safety's defend the pass. Right after Young tossed a dime out into open space I knew then we had not made any plans to defend the pass. If you watch games for decades, you can get a good feel on how the game will go in the first 5 minutes based on the player body language and energy. Just like our offensive play calling for the last decade, Miami is predictable. Too predictable.

Advertisement
...when the opening Alabama drive the Canes gave up chunky passing yards. Winning this game was predicated on stopping the run AND having our corners/safety's defend the pass. Right after Young tossed a dime out into open space I knew then we had not made any plans to defend the pass. If you watch games for decades, you can get a good feel on how the game will go in the first 5 minutes based on the player body language and energy. Just like our offensive play calling for the last decade, Miami is predictable. Too predictable.
I would also add that if you were not sure at this point that it was game over, you should have been completely convinced when our defense took the field the second time after we unimaginatively went "pass run(a/b gap) run(a/b gap) punt"; that was game. If you went on after seeing each team possess the ball for the first time still believing we could still pull this one out, I am sorry if this might sound harsh but you are simply football-illiterate.

I watched the whole game start to finish because that's what were supposed to do but I did text my dad right after that first possession and said it was over then went over to my bar down in the cave and poured a shot of bourbon into my lucky 2oz.

Just picked up a 1st down. It was 2nd and 5 from I believe the 40 in the 1st quarter down 7-0. We jump early turns to 2nd and 10 and we run the ball twice right into the middle of the defense. Same old canes in big games on the road. We just aren’t that team anymore
Yup, that was the early dagger. Elite teams are disciplined and don’t get stupid penalties like that. Even so, resorting to a 3rd and 7 run play left me disgusted.

Just picked up a 1st down. It was 2nd and 5 from I believe the 40 in the 1st quarter down 7-0. We jump early turns to 2nd and 10 and we run the ball twice right into the middle of the defense. Same old canes in big games on the road. We just aren’t that team anymore
yes! Then on the very next drive down 10-0 they ran the ball two straight times up the middle and put King in 3rd and 8! Four straight runs up the middle when the game was already teetering! That told me right there the coaches did not believe they could win this game. The only way they were even going to be close was to open it up right out of the mother fu….. gate. They also didn’t take any of their 3 TOS (until it was too late) when they were driving at the end of the half. Settling for a FG.

Advertisement
At Kickoff

Stuck down here in Orlando area for some personal business...so I'm driving and turn on to game on Sirius XM knowing it's early 2nd quarter when the Clearfield sports commentator announces they will switch to another game if/when this one gets out of hand. I'm like, dang, now I know how a Western Carolina fan feels. I know it's about the money, but we had no business being in this game. None.

Advertisement
That 3rd and seven had me hoping we were scripting plays. Because that was a brutal call. You HAD to get points there to answer. Had a first down, had some momentum.
The fact that some of the OL can’t figure out snap counts tells me that they’re just stupid.

Go back, I remember the captain of the false start, Danny Isadora. Everyone is talking about how he’s going to have this solid nfl career. But it’s like if the dude can’t figure out snap counts how do we think he’s going to be some kind of nfl player? Our OL has been killing us for years with stupid penalties. This is the number one issue left on O for us. IMO.

The play calling is what it is. Soft. There’s not enough of a rhyme or reason to what we do. We need to build in some mobile pockets because the fact is there isn’t a day 1or 2 draft pick on this OL. Only Ivey and Hall cluelessly run around more than our OL.

Advertisement
I knew it was over before we played the game.

How many years has Bama replaced players to still come out and steamroll teams in their opening game? They still haven't lost an opener under Saban and he's lost only one his entire coaching career.

Man, some of you fellas gotta be in the dumps today. Fell into that fall camp rainbows and sunshine ****, believing we had a chance.

Advertisement
Back