i just want to know

One of our starters at CB played Safety at another school where he didn't start.

And the scary thing is that it's going to be worse next year when we lose both of our starting CBs. The secondary is setting up to be a disaster next year.

Advertisement
We were overrated at 4-0 and the Board then extrapolated excellence based on FSU getting smoked by Louisville. We struggled against FAU and the offense sucked against GT, but people kept insisting there was a hidden playbook and we could score when we needed to. They were wrong. In the Spring we heard greatness and that Coley coming back was the difference for a great year. Those people were wrong. The people that said the season would come down to OL development were much more accurate in the assessment. Management annointing the Messiah and clamoring about Sundays were wrong. The Sundays argument is sleight of hand. Jenkins and a Carter may play on Sundays, yet people curse their play up and down here at Miami. All of a sudden they will make a play on Sunday and people will scream we had NFL talent the whole time.

We'd like to think we are better than 4-4, but we are not. We have players that will play in the NFL. What we don't have is big time players that make big time plays in big time games.

Ex: Carter needs to secure the fumble. Kaaya needs to not overthrow Coley or take the sacks at key times in the game. Yearby needs to gain that one yard.

Daaaaaamn this all the way

Watch them say jenkins is sean taylor because he gets a pick in the nfl

Bruh we dont have a top 3 Roster. We have a couple guys who could start other places.( Outside the DL, which has some outstanding talent, and has been the BEST unit on the team.)

Our QB is off at the moment.

Our most consistent RB isn't getting enough burn.

Our OL is getting really good at turning around and reading jerseys, and yelling here he comes.

Our safeties are bad tacklers who are good for a no wrap hit or a penalty.

One of our starters at CB played Safety at another school where he didn't start.

Our best WR is incapable of 100% health.

Did i miss anything

Yep, you did. A coach who calls plays to win the game. ND couldn't stop our short passing game, period. We get down 20, kill them with the short pass.

Take the lead. And then we go back to running when our interior line was getting killed all game. I saw it, you would think the 4 million dollar head coach should have noticed the same thing.

Advertisement
[QUOTE=Shogungts;2685543]I didn't think 10 wins was realistic, but I did think we would play better (at least on Offense) than we have. I am not happy, but I am not in the doom and gloom camp... yet.

All that being said, Vegas either knew something that we didn't or was just looking at the team w/o the orange and green classes as they pegged Miami at 6.5 wins and that was before losing Grace and AQM.

We have lost 3 very close games (VT,not so much) --You'd have to think that if AQM and Grace were still here we might have pulled out at least one win from those tight games. They were 2 of our best on D and have had to replace them with true freshman.

Guys got clowned for riding the Golden train and not seeing his faults from the word go. Now many of them are not willing to give the next guy the same amount of time to right the ship.

Richt has faults and i see them, but they are faults he can correct given more time than 8 games.

Bruh we dont have a top 3 Roster. We have a couple guys who could start other places.( Outside the DL, which has some outstanding talent, and has been the BEST unit on the team.)

Our OL is getting really good at turning around and reading jerseys, and yelling here he comes.

Did i miss anything

Yep, you did. A coach who calls plays to win the game. ND couldn't stop our short passing game, period. We get down 20, kill them with the short pass.

Take the lead. And then we go back to running when our interior line was getting killed all game. I saw it, you would think the 4 million dollar head coach should have noticed the same thing.

He was playing to kill the clock because we couldn't stop their short game either. Ur lacking in situational football

Advertisement

Did i miss anything

He was playing to kill the clock because we couldn't stop their short game either. Ur lacking in situational football

You cant be serious. Linder and McDermott were being pushed 5 yards in the backfield on every running play. So youre telling me that was supposed to magically fckn change just because we had the lead and were trying to run out the clock? situational football, the fck outta hea.

I would hope we would have seen Richt produce a better offense then James Coley. Coley was a bad OC, but he's better then Richt.

A decent offense and the team is 7-1, FSU, UNC and ND losses are squarely on Richt
This.

I can forgive losses due to lack of personnel a la the VT game. What I can't forgive is a lack of imagination and outright stubbornness in play calling that cost us 3 games.

Playcalling didn't cost is 3 games....execution did...if balls are caught and blocks held, we would be 7-1....

I agree. But you aren't allowed to blame the players around here. It's the coaches fault for not calling plays to coverup their weakness. No one can tell you what those plays are but they do exist and only Tom Herman, Dino Barbers, Mike Leach, Fuentes, Petrino and a few other coaches know them.

Idk if you're being sarcastic or not...but the bottom line is...This offense returns 10 out of 11 starters...only losing Rashawn Scott and replacing him with Ahmmon Richards...Yet we are looking at a worse producing offense than the previous year, while the OL also looks even worse despite having a full year more of experience. The defense lost 3 players to the draft, and 3 important players to bull****, and is plagued by injuries, yet they still look better than last year or any year under D'Ono. It's pretty clear (to me at least) that the offensive coaching staff is the reason why this team looks so bad and lacks execution.

It doesn't seem to matter who coaches this team: A lazy dumbazz like Coker, a not-ready for prime time assistant like Shannon, a BS artist like Golden, or a worn out, beaten down retread like Richt. The answer is always the same: We have a team full of JAGS and superstar loafers no one else really wanted. No decent HS player wants to come here anymore. WE SUCK, That is all.

Don't expect any changes anytime soon, because the "EEEEWWW" (Can't call this mess The U anymore.) doesn't give a **** about this football program.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Did i miss anything

You cant be serious. Linder and McDermott were being pushed 5 yards in the backfield on every running play. So youre telling me that was supposed to magically fckn change just because we had the lead and were trying to run out the clock? situational football, the fck outta hea.

You cant pass all the time bud... thats the point... if 1 plays hits a crease ... it changes everything cant abandon the run with brick boots playin qb

This team has the talent to win 10 games. So did the '15 team. So did the '14 team. So did the '13 team.

I thought the offense would get better by returning all of their key players and adding a playcaller with a track record. I was wrong. I can't believe how much worse we've gotten.

This team has the talent to win 10 games. So did the '15 team. So did the '14 team. So did the '13 team.

I thought the offense would get better by returning all of their key players and adding a playcaller with a track record. I was wrong. I can't believe how much worse we've gotten.

What do you think the endgame is here?

Advertisement
I guess the next question is how many guys were fools gold?
Why are you banging your chest that our new HC with a track record is doing significantly worse with the same personnel than a team that coached itself last year?

You predicted Rix would do a horrible job, so that makes you smart or happy? Show me where you called that we'd realistically be looking at 6-6 this season with a good shot at 5-7.

I never mad3 a prediction i thought we'd be way better than we are though. U got me mixed up w someone else.

Advertisement
Back